No announcement yet.

CZT High Horsepower Engine Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well .020" over is the standard rebuild overbore. You might want to talk to someone locally that may have had a rebuild done and see who they recommend for machine work.

--Adam
    2004 Ford Mustang GT - 4.6L V8 AT - Tuned - 3.73s - CAI

Comment

to answer a few questions:

thanks rob for clarifying the bolts.

12.0:1 could only be run on street gas if you had a custom camshaft made that kept the intake valve open basically forever (reducing effective compression ratio). but that defeats the purpose of the high-HP kit. you'd have to swap to a pair of more aggressive cams at the track to take advantage of the pistons. and swapping cams is no easy thing.

you don't HAVE to overbore when going with new pistons, but you should. you and your local machine shop can determine what kind of overbore you need based on the amount of cylinder wall warpage you have. the less warpage you have, the less overbore you need, but .020" is the standard from a maintainence perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectShadow
        I think 12:1 would be a bit high for even premium pump gas.

I plan on using an 11:1 kit coupled with cams (287* Intake/Exhuast Duration and a .37" Lift)

--Adam
        Who's making this grind??

As far as I know interprep has the most agressive cam on the market.

12.0:1 could only be run on street gas if you had a custom camshaft made that kept the intake valve open basically forever (reducing effective compression ratio). but that defeats the purpose of the high-HP kit. you'd have to swap to a pair of more aggressive cams at the track to take advantage of the pistons. and swapping cams is no easy thing.
        And while reading this thread, I was going to say exatly this. I do have the interprep 280 cams and I know it should run gas pump with 12:1 pistons, cause the valve overlap period is lowering the compression ratio. It has been confirm just by doing the compression test. The compression dropped from 205 to 180 right after the cam swap
        Last edited by mazdasly75; March 10, 2005, 05:43 PM.
        1996 MX3, KL, stock internal, T3T4, 10psi, tial wastegate and blow off, 450cc injectors, 255lph, 3" mandrel bend exaust, 67mmTB, megasquirt II, launch control/boost controler built in.
        1993 Mazda familia GT-R megasquirt, 25 psi

Comment

Originally posted by mazdasly75
          And while reading this thread, I was going to say exatly this. I do have the interprep 280 cams and I know it should run gas pump with 12:1 pistons, cause the valve overlap period is lowering the compression ratio. It has been confirm just by doing the compression test. The compression dropped from 205 to 180 right after the cam swap
          without having experience with the 12:1 and the interpret cams, I wouldn't be able to tell you whether your compression should have dropped or not. if it did and you can run pump gas without knocking all over the place, cool.

but if this cam allows you to lower the compression enough to run 12:1 on pump gas, that makes it a "tame" cam, not an "aggressive" cam. by lowering your compression with your cam like that, the idea is you can run lower octane gas, but that should come at huge sacrifice of power. thus why you swap to more aggressive cams at the track where you can get and run 105.

Comment

I am anxious to see your results. I have been contemplating the same build up for a few years now.
            the FAZDAShoulda never sold itadditional FAZDA photos

Comment

Oh yeah as far as overbore goes, the standard is .020" over, but I believe you can go with whatever overbore you want for an additional fee. I'll check and report back.

--Adam
              whoa there son. pushing yer product? hmm?
              ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Woah there dad, it's not MY product, people asked questions and I simply answered them.

Frankly, you're getting kinda slow these days Damon. I figured you actually saw this already, or at least Spada would have seen it. What's up with your mods?

--Adam
                2004 Ford Mustang GT - 4.6L V8 AT - Tuned - 3.73s - CAI

Comment

Frankly, you're getting kinda slow these days Damon. I figured you actually saw this already, or at least Spada would have seen it. What's up with your mods?

--Adam
                  We have lives.
                  Only thing wrong with this topic is that he listed prices. Other than that he's more than free to talk about this product.

Prices edited out, per rules.

back on-topic:
                  For a non-track-only car, I would not recommend going with a 12:1 kit. Not only is it extremely not street friendly, but it is also when our engines become interference engines.
                  11:1 with a nice set of high-duration cams, ZE heads, and ZE or equally free flowing IM, Dyno time to maximize fuel pressure, and VRIS points, and you'd have one hell of a setup.
                  Last edited by pgtfreak; March 13, 2005, 01:17 PM.
                  '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
                  '16 Chrysler 300S

Comment

Originally posted by pgtfreak
                    11:1 with a nice set of high-duration cams, ZE heads, and ZE or equally free flowing IM, Dyno time to maximize fuel pressure, and VRIS points, and you'd have one hell of a setup.
                    So thanks for giving away my entire setup.

On a serious note though, I'd rather not see WW3 between mods and users in my post. I'd like to get some more questions asked/answered before it gets locked.

Comment

Originally posted by mazdasly75
                      I do have the interprep 280 cams and I know it should run gas pump with 12:1 pistons, cause the valve overlap period is lowering the compression ratio.
                      FYI, valve overlap doesn't alter compression. It's strictly the intake closure after bottom dead center.

Comment

It alters the dynamic compression. Static compression is always the same.
                        Registered since 2001, but now a new screen name says it all :-)

Comment

Ok, so it screwed up my engine's compression...gonna call Alistair$$
                          1996 MX3, KL, stock internal, T3T4, 10psi, tial wastegate and blow off, 450cc injectors, 255lph, 3" mandrel bend exaust, 67mmTB, megasquirt II, launch control/boost controler built in.
                          1993 Mazda familia GT-R megasquirt, 25 psi

Comment

I'm pretty sure that you could run pump gas, well 93, not that shitty Cali 91. Honda guys with 12.X and higher comp. run it on the street all day long.
                            93 PGT
                            Not running again.
                            00 Chevy Silverado
                            Daily Driver

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanbob
                              I'm pretty sure that you could run pump gas, well 93, not that shitty Cali 91. Honda guys with 12.X and higher comp. run it on the street all day long.

Doesn't mean it's a smart thing to do
                              '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
                              '16 Chrysler 300S

Comment

What if i use some 12:1 and some 11:1 compression pistons you know mix and match. Like the left bank 11:1 and the right bank 12:1. It could be fun
                                1996 PGT, ZE, I|H|E|11lb FW|67mm TB|South Bend S2|Poly MM's|B&M STS|JJ Resy TP|Blue's|Eibach's|17mm Swaybar|Electric Cutout|Ethanol-Free Gasoline|210's & Nitrous..
                                1996 PGT, Barn Find, I|Rats
                                1995 Mx6, Sold , I|H|E|FW|MS
                                BOOST IN FIFTH!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X