This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmark101 View Post
    alright, this has taken a lot of time and even more consideration in deciding how best to impliment these changes, but as of 1 nov 2010, there are some changes being made to a few rules:

*the picture limit in the picture forums is being lifted
    *users are now allowed to post more than 10 pictures per thread
    *please be considerate and show some discretion when you decide to post in excess of 10 - there are still people who don't have super-fast internet connections, so you still have to consider this when posting
    *the picture resolution limit REMAINS 800x600 pixels - THERE IS NO CHANGE TO THIS LIMIT PLANNED IN THE FUTURE
    Damon,

I am quite happy to see this change. I have always enjoyed reading the many how-to threads on PT and typically there have not been enough photos to satisy my curiousity.

So this is definitely a step in the right direction. I hope that people will not abuse it so that it will remain. There are many avenues to learn about the PGT and the KL engine but my favorite source of info has always been PT! So -->
    Last edited by KLZE Porsche; November 2, 2010, 06:27 AM.
    Success is a measure of determination!
    Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
    $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
    Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
    Restoration of a legend

Comment

Damon and Stacey and Brian Transeau, thank you for this and for all your hard work and support for the PT community. This latest development is great!
      2015 Dodge Charger SXT Rallye, JAZZZND , 40K
      JAZZZIN 1994 PGT, MTX, Black/Gray leather, 200K, KLZE, Magnaflow catback SOLD to Dan [Sac]
      JAZZZN8 (2008 Mazda RX-8 GT), JAZZZN6 (2013 and 2010 Mazda 6 s GTs), first BAPOC Prez James Creasy's JAZZZN2 (1994 PGT), the infamous GRPJUCE (1994 PGT) all sold
      born in MA, grew up in MI, live in CA, just kept moving west

Comment

I really hope no one messes this up. I really will enjoy posting a WTB instead of scouring the boards looking for parts.
        1993 PGT-DE-T Silver Surfer - 8psi

1995 PGT Daily Driver - D2's - Turbo kit sitting in garage

1997 F-150 - Home Depot Getter

2004 Acura TSX - Wife Mobile

2007 BMW 335i Coupe - My new toy

Comment

alright, this has taken a lot of time and even more consideration in deciding how best to impliment these changes, but as of 1 nov 2010, there are some changes being made to a few rules:
          1. anyone who takes an unreasonable amount of time to deliver goods or pay for those goods will be UNCONDITIONALLY BANNED PERMANENTLY.
          2. the ONLY way to reverse this is to make good on your commitment and then both seller and buyer contact me to lift the ban.
          3. anyone banned and reinstated for failing to deliver/pay for goods will not be allowed back into the Corner Store
          4. "reasonable time" means not more than 15 days after a deal has been reached, unless the parties involved have made prior arrangements
          i hope these changes will help people express their appreciation for our vehicles, but also help make this site a bit more productive in trying to provide that help to the general user.

WILL THIS INCLUDE VENDORS ALSO!!!!!!?
          Here is the 96 gt turbo No more leaks and running great 270whp 259 torque 8psi

Comment

i like the wtb thread idea but as far as the pictures with your s/n and probetalk.com kinda sucks thats why i left the mx6 forum and scrapped all the remaining ones i had and threw the parts that didnt sell away

pretty much what im getting at is i list alot of stuff on ebay and it sucked using dial up and having to upload 2 different kinds of pictures on the computer took up alot of room

and what really sucks is i was gonna list a couple boxes of parts i dug in to and already got like 20 pics of parts today but now i have to redo the pics it kinda dont seem worth taking all that time to do that

or can i take like 1 pic with all the parts laying on the ground with my s/n and probetalk.com? and still post all the close up pics with out having to retake 20 pics?
            2002 dodge ram 1500 4x4 V-8, 1993 mx6 2.0, 1988 bronco II, 1993 probe 4 banger 5 speed, 1993 katana 750 crotch rocket pretty fast

1993 mx6 2.5, 2 1999 grand am se, 1984 bronco II, 2 1990 katana 600, 1995 probe GT

Comment

Originally posted by richtq View Post
              i hope these changes will help people express their appreciation for our vehicles, but also help make this site a bit more productive in trying to provide that help to the general user.

WILL THIS INCLUDE VENDORS ALSO!!!!!!?
              that is a separate matter and out of the scope of this thread.

i know what you're talking about. keep that OUT of this thread. if you want to discuss it, do so privately.

Originally posted by lotsofstuff View Post
              i like the wtb thread idea but as far as the pictures with your s/n and probetalk.com kinda sucks thats why i left the mx6 forum and scrapped all the remaining ones i had and threw the parts that didnt sell away

pretty much what im getting at is i list alot of stuff on ebay and it sucked using dial up and having to upload 2 different kinds of pictures on the computer took up alot of room

and what really sucks is i was gonna list a couple boxes of parts i dug in to and already got like 20 pics of parts today but now i have to redo the pics it kinda dont seem worth taking all that time to do that

or can i take like 1 pic with all the parts laying on the ground with my s/n and probetalk.com? and still post all the close up pics with out having to retake 20 pics?
              you could group everything together and have the placard in the picture, but i would really prefer to see it alongside EACH item.

i happen to agree with mx6.com's decision to include this information when posting FS threads. it was something i've run into on other boards as well and i wholly believe that having this requirement will do nothing but HELP people when looking to buy something. sure, it requires a bit more effort from the sellers, but this also helps them build their reputations as well.

i see it as a win-win. the only thing that hasn't changed [so far, but i am considering removing this rule as well] is the e-bay links; still can't have them.
              ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Thanks to Damon and company for these site updates! i will continue to enjoy PT!

Comment

Do we get a special thanks if we go back to our old pic threads and turn pics to links? Loving the wtb forum
                  1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                  1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                  2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                  2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                  1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Originally posted by mac1 View Post
                    Do we get a special thanks if we go back to our old pic threads and turn pics to links? Loving the wtb forum
                    no.

honestly, if you go and do that, you have far too much time on your hands. go out and find me an engine for my mx-6 if you've got nothing else to do.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

[*]please be considerate and show some discretion when you decide to post in excess of 10 - there are still people who don't have super-fast internet connections, so you still have to consider this when posting.
                      Do you have a rough ballpark estimate of what you would call inconsiderate?(even at the 800x600 limit) Possibly a softcap or suggested limit? I don't want to blow this thing out of the water with a new pic thread. 25?
                      Originally posted by JazRedGT View Post
                      I really hope no one messes this up. I really will enjoy posting a WTB instead of scouring the boards looking for parts.
                      Be careful. If you post the WTB thread and don't look in the FS threads, and another guy with the part you're looking for takes the same mentality that you do, and only posts the item for sale and never looks in the WTB threads, the both of you will never make a deal because you're both assuming the other one is doing all the work to make a match. Lets make sure the WTB section doesn't turn into the "lazy people looking for parts" section.
                      Matt Hicks
                      Silver 97 2.0 Turbo
                      Factory Green ZX6RR
                      If you have 1,000 posts and have not donated to PT, you should consider doing so.
                      "We're all still learning."

Comment

WTB should be more the "I only want to pay so much" for said part. Otherwise they are being lazy. And since i'm as cheap as they come, i'll prolly be doing just that.

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

no.

honestly, if you go and do that, you have far too much time on your hands. go out and find me an engine for my mx-6 if you've got nothing else to do.
                        I do have lots of time, but it's not like they are gonna fall on my lap, you do know that scrap metal worth has gone up right?
                        1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                        1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                        2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                        2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                        1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Great news! Thanks for taking the time and consideration for the pict rule...

I think we should someohow make a picture thread or something and get a rally up for another donation.. Im sure everyone can throw in $5 just for good faith!

lets get some ideas together to raise some money for the site guys.

Lets do some sort of raffle or contest where everyone puts in $5... not sure what the prize would be... maybe a raffle for the 5*
                          93 pgt= yard ornament

proud owner since 1999

Comment

This may be a dumb question. Will old for sale threads that are still active require users to add new pics, or will those threads be grandfathered in?
                            95 GT-ZE (Snow white)

http://s815.photobucket.com/albums/z.../Snow%20white/
                            http://www.cardomain.com/id/93mazdapgt

Comment

I've only been closing the threads that were started after this announcement, and don't follow the new rule. Though that doesn't mean people should just keep using old threads to get around the rule. And really, Damon has final say on this.
                              '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
                              '16 Chrysler 300S

Comment

Originally posted by steves93gt View Post
                                This may be a dumb question. Will old for sale threads that are still active require users to add new pics, or will those threads be grandfathered in?
                                Originally posted by pgtfreak View Post
                                I've only been closing the threads that were started after this announcement, and don't follow the new rule. Though that doesn't mean people should just keep using old threads to get around the rule. And really, Damon has final say on this.
                                any old threads that are being 'bumped' just to bring them up or revive them after some time has passed can and should be closed, so jimmy's got the right idea on that.

anything that was posted in the month of october should be ok. anything older than that should be closed. we don't need FS threads dragged on and on and on.

anything posted on or after 1 nov, MUST have the pictures posted per the amended rules.

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Working...
                                X