KLDE throttle body on KLG4 manifold.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KLDE throttle body on KLG4 manifold.

what needs to be done so it works correctly together?

alot

or you can get a kl47 TB from a millenia, file it down and slap it on.

KL01 TB will hit the metal coolant line
    Leo
    94 PGTze - sold vid 1 vid 3 vid 2
    98 Pontiac firebird formula WS6 the race car.
    95 PGT-T..AKA..The ReD GhoSt KLDE turbo Built by me ..sold

Comment

i dont have the extra cash for a dif TB.

how will it hit?

Comment

get an outlaw engineering tb spacer. then you dont have to modify the tb at all. if not then get a dremel with a metal grinding bit. i used one that looks like a mini drill bit and it worked great. but if you try to mate the two together you will see where it hits. theres a part that sticks out right below the mating surface on the tb. that must be grinded down about 1/2 to 3/4" or so until it clears the mani

edit: about the tb hitting the metal coolant line. its the iac plug that hits with the de iac. yer best bet is getting a ze iac and modding the de tb. though i got mine to fit by taking the plastic quick disconnect connector off and just running the hose to the metal tube with a clamp. should give you just enough space to clear
        Last edited by mikexmayhem; October 13, 2010, 05:46 PM.
        1996 pgt - 148k miles
        milly maf conversion, klg4 intake mani(need a new one!), stage 1 clutch, mx3 flywheel, many other mods

Comment

i did the grinding already, and it mates up perfectly and looks like it belongs because i only did the part of the tb that hits the manifold.

so just looking at it, it looks stock.

im wondering what other mods need to be done to make it work as far as fitment to the motor.

EDIT: i already took the plastic crap of that fitting when i did my atx to manual swap.

what about the 1 inch fitting on the TB? what needs done with that?
          Last edited by ameadows32; October 13, 2010, 05:48 PM.

Comment

nothing. the manifold bolts right on. you may have a difficult time getting both bolts in the throttle cable bracket. i just used one and it works just fine. other than that its bolt on
            1996 pgt - 148k miles
            milly maf conversion, klg4 intake mani(need a new one!), stage 1 clutch, mx3 flywheel, many other mods

Comment

read above edit.

Comment

are you talking about the giant nipple on the iac?
                1996 pgt - 148k miles

Comment

yea, that one, didnt it used to plug into the back of the DE intake?

Comment

correct. you will need to find a way to connect it to the manifold so the air can get past the throttle plate during idle. i spliced mine into the pcv line that goes right over the top of the mani. but like i said previously you can get a ze iac and get rid of the nipple. drill a hole in the de tb (or i have a ze tb if you want) and it will function correctly
                    1996 pgt - 148k miles

Comment

i cant remember where i saw it, but i thought someone just filled the hole inside the IAC?

Comment

if you plug the hole there is no way for air to get from before the throttle plate to after the throttle plate during idle. yer car will run all funky
                        1996 pgt - 148k miles

Comment

hmmm so i could try to find a half inch T-fitting with a 1 inch side?

and isnt the hose that goes over the top a breather?

Comment

yes it is. but the airflow goes from the vc to the manifold so the air from the iac will follow to the mani. it will work temporarily. you will get alot of oily build up inside the tube. it is better to get a ze iac to not have to run tubes all over the place and keep it clean and not have to mess with the pcv line
                            1996 pgt - 148k miles

Comment

for the vacuum nipple near the TB to work, you should get a curve neck (KL47) TB.
                              the hose going over the top of the IM is for the PCV.
                              95 GT-ZE (Snow white)

http://s815.photobucket.com/albums/z.../Snow%20white/
                              http://www.cardomain.com/id/93mazdapgt

Comment

Working...
                              X