1 wire O2 conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1 wire O2 conversion

For future reference in later searches, the MX-3 V6 you splice the blue wire on both sensors. Had to search alot to find that.

Anyways, AutoZone charged me $22 a pop. The conversion was simple. Easy to access both oxygen sensors with a simple adjustable box wrench. A little heat shrink and solder, and they were ready to roll. It helped ALOT. My car had 99K, I bought at 89K. I didn't think it was rolling as fast as when I first test drove a MX-3 a decade ago. Now, it scoots! I can't wait to see how much more than the usual 22MPG I can get now. 22MPG sucked on a car you can only get 10 gallons of gas into.

Comment

This Thread is referenced so often now, that

I'd like to nominate it to be moved to the 2.5 Archive Section
      '96 Rio Red PGT - Sold

Comment

For OBD-II guys...

Has everyone who has fitted the 1 wire sensor still got a CEL? (A show of hands please) ... (3 wire see below...)
        Ok, so some say the heater goes straight to 12v, others not sure... If it does go to the ECU or the ECU some how monitors it's current/resistance, then I can probably help choosing the right resistor to try and keep the ECU happy. If someone could please tell me the resistance of the heater wires on a new or healthy geniune sensor (measure both to get an average please), I can work out a suitable resistor that will survive...hey its worth a try...

On the other hand it could be that the 1 wire does not repsond in time to what is expected by a 3/4 wire and throws an inversion error...
        If u got a 3 wire and still a CEL, tell me the resistance of a new 3 wire heater and I can help here too...

Comment

sorry, forgot... also the voltage across the heater when engine running (would prefer as close to sensor as possible, not ecu)

Comment

I have one of those MIL eliminators at hand, to be installed on my cat. I think the idea of the resistor would work .. maybe if we could ask the company that makes them , ( which resistor was used ) we can figure somthing out ??
            N.E.P.O-"The Rebel"
            -2005 SRT-4 *305lb tq*
            -1998 Neon Stock:
            -1997 PGT Stacked:**SOLD**

Comment

Working...
            X