No announcement yet.

Flyrtle 2012 - Maryland Edition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony thanks you for your useful post.
    Anthony D. Christiano

Comment

• If I haven't stated it already, where or not I bring the FD will depend heavily on the weather, and/or my mood that day. I cannot afford to get caught in ANY kind of precipitation with my R compound 285's (Nitto 555R's). Aside from the fact that they're getting worn down, even brand new they are not designed for ANY kind of wet weather. Even going 45 is terrifying.

If I don't bring the car, I'll be riding down with Ant.
      95 PGT MTX - Probezilla - Supercharged 'n Squirted ZE @ 8 psi
      93 FD - LSx 7.0L - 11.6@128.5 (w/ old rotary setup)
      89 DTM PGT - 49K ORIGINAL miles! - MINT! - Sold
      04 Subaru WRX STi - Perrin FMIC, Greddy 3.5" catback, K&N intake - 308AWHP/318AWTQ - Mustang Dyno
      Probezilla & The FD 540 RWHP/415 RWTQ @ 24.5 psi (past rotary setup)

Comment

• tow it down then if thats possible.
        Here is the 96 gt turbo No more leaks and running great 270whp 259 torque 8psi

Comment

• Originally posted by TRWeiss1 View Post
          If I haven't stated it already, where or not I bring the FD will depend heavily on the weather, and/or my mood that day. I cannot afford to get caught in ANY kind of precipitation with my R compound 285's (Nitto 555R's). Aside from the fact that they're getting worn down, even brand new they are not designed for ANY kind of wet weather. Even going 45 is terrifying.

If I don't bring the car, I'll be riding down with Ant.
          If the FD stays home, bring one of your probes!!!

92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
          HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
          Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video, Dyno Video
          As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.

Comment

• Originally posted by hppwdn View Post
            If the FD stays home, bring one of your probes!!!
            is the flyrtle car gonna be ready?
            Here is the 96 gt turbo No more leaks and running great 270whp 259 torque 8psi

Comment

• Towing isn't an option, unfortunately. The 2nd gen is wrecked (not by me, long story, it's getting fixed), and the 1G is not on the road.
              04 Subaru WRX STi - Perrin FMIC, Greddy 3.5" catback, K&N intake - 308AWHP/318AWTQ - Mustang Dyno

Comment

• Haven't been on here in a loooooonnnngggggggg time. But az of right now I'M IN along with mardarati
                93 mx6 everything from the probe and more.
                http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps77ec3fc9.jpg
                95pgt-t 14sec @ 111mph crushed
                http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...916_001048.jpg
                95se stock R.I.P. 10/16/08

Comment

• **** yah!!!!! NC representing!
                  I believe in moderation and that includes moderation.
                  92 Lexus SC300 - 780whp/700tq 36+ psi

Comment

• if anyone can help me out i need 2 used 235 45 17 tires.. mine are kind of beat and for saftey reasons id like to get a set with nicer tread to run on the track with.. ill buy them.. i just started my new job and i dont get paid till the day we leave so unfortunatly i dont have the funds to buy better tires and finish the build.. please find it in your heart to donate to the "get s3xrapt0r some rubbers foundation" its for a great cause..
                    or hell if one of the guys not running can let me borrow some slicks for the track it would be appreciated.. i just dont trust launching on tires with weak tread 2 and a half hours from home lol
                    Last edited by s3xrapt0r; August 11, 2012, 10:16 PM.
                    1993 Ford Probe GT: its a mod whore... so im not listing lol
                    1994 Ford Probe SE full bolt ons and boost (sold to PTmember)

Comment

• Originally posted by shaodome View Post
                      **** yah!!!!! NC representing!
                      Lol ooohhhhh yyyeeeeaaaaaaa
                      93 mx6 everything from the probe and more.
                      http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps77ec3fc9.jpg
                      95pgt-t 14sec @ 111mph crushed
                      http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...916_001048.jpg
                      95se stock R.I.P. 10/16/08

Comment

• Westpalm, what the hell is wrong with you? If you dont make it to flyrtle cause you cant sell a few parts cause your too lazy to replace a head gasket everyone including I will be very dissapointed in showing up.

What makes you sure another j/y motor will be strait? How is pulling 2 motors, transporting and installing just one not to mention paying for another and returning one for a core easier/cheaper then ordering $30 ebay gasket set and doing a timing belt job? Are you litterly afraid of pulling your valve covers?

Pull the heads, inspect for cracking, put gaskets, and drive away with the same tune you started with Jeeezzus, it's like your an assembly line machine programmed to do 1 job to this car. Talk to me bro, I will guide you.
                        Last edited by mac1; August 13, 2012, 02:57 AM.
                        1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                        1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                        2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                        2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                        1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

• You guys just need to worry about yourselves showing up, I'm the one building the Flyrtle car, not Sean, it's ready to go. He had a financial setback to attend to. Junkyard Jesus has been built with pennies and spare parts and is in 100% running condition and ready for Flyrtle.

And Mac1, you may want to chill out with all your advice, your shadetree speedshop doesn't exactly put out numbers to brag about.

92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
                          HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
                          Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video, Dyno Video
                          As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.

Comment

• Originally posted by mac1 View Post
                            Westpalm, what the hell is wrong with you? If you dont make it to flyrtle cause you cant sell a few parts cause your too lazy to replace a head gasket everyone including I will be very dissapointed in showing up.

What makes you sure another j/y motor will be strait? How is pulling 2 motors, transporting and installing just one not to mention paying for another and returning one for a core easier/cheaper then ordering $30 ebay gasket set and doing a timing belt job? Are you litterly afraid of pulling your valve covers?

Pull the heads, inspect for cracking, put gaskets, and drive away with the same tune you started with Jeeezzus, it's like your an assembly line machine programmed to do 1 job to this car. Talk to me bro, I will guide you.
                            Andy pulled the heads and installed a new hg. Guess what?? The heads were wrapped . Me and Andy pulled another motor and we are all good. Just a few more things and a bath and were off. As Andy said I'm out of funds. With the car and the move and the money I need to be able to attend flyrtle I'm done. Andy was nice enough to cover he 206.00 I needed to get the motor. It's not that Andy didn't want to change the hg bc he did and we needed to get a new one. However I sold some of the things and Andy will get his money back. I figured my funds would covers this project when we 1st started but I didn't know I had to move until last month. Paying 1st , security , and move in cost hit my pocket hard. Let alone paying 1200 for the one apt I'm in for aug and the other one that was 1002. I'm thankful I still have enou to even attend. And again that's only thanks to Andy! on a side note my new place is cheaper and I get a decent size garage .
                            The come back kid
                            96 Ford Probe Turboed 12.202 @ 118.74 R.I.P
                            97 Mx-6 all motor 13.7 @ 98 parted out
                            88 Mx-6 Turbo Classic 14.5@93 SOLD
                            93 323 hatchV6 turbo! To be announced

Comment

• My car will more than likely NOT be making this trip. Got the new trans installed and it was running like a champ, but now it has developed some kind of nasty stutter under boost. I was hoping it was bad gas, but I'm not sure just yet...

The only other thing that could have happened is that I pinched my SS braided fuel line while installing the trans. I noticed that when I rolled on the throttle in 3rd this morning I saw 10.3 on the WB...definitely way too rich...and NOTHING else has changed, with the exception of pinching that fuel line. HOPEFULLY it's just the restricted line causing excess pressure, and delivering too much fuel. I'm going to rip off the manifold tonight to get the braided line out and see if I can replace it.... It's going to be tight, since I go out of town very soon, and am gone all the way up until Thursday night, 8/23.

Edit :: To clarify, I will be making this trip regardless. If I don't get my car going, I'll be riding down with Ant.
                              Last edited by TRWeiss1; August 13, 2012, 07:30 AM.

Comment

• god damn it just your cars running we got 1st gens and hondas to whoop !! lol
                                1993 Ford Probe GT: its a mod whore... so im not listing lol
                                1994 Ford Probe SE full bolt ons and boost (sold to PTmember)

Comment

Working...
                                X