Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, probe_this... are you running a stock metal sandwich gasket? copper? Composite?
    F2T rebuilt .030 over [] Forged KB Pistons [] Forged Crower Rods [] Aluminum Stock Spec U-Pulley [] 330cc Injectors [] Port & Polished Intake [] 3-Angle Valve Grind [] 1mm Over-Sized Exhaust Valves [] MSD Blaster 2 Coil [] Turbo XS BOV [] 2.5" Turbo-Back Flowmaster Exhaust []Wahlbro 255 Fuel Pump [] AEM Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator [] IHI Hyrbrid Turbo [] 2.25'' I-C Piping

Comment

Right now I have the head gasket that checkers sells in my car. I blew the mazda gasket out from too much pressure and only having stock torque on the head bolts. I had bought a second one, but blew a hole in my head, so that's why I have the cheap one in. Only $23 if I remember right. Hella cheaper than Mazda, I think $62 or so.. haha

The car is going through some issues, but I haven't had a problem with my headgasket since I torqued the head bolts to 80ft/lbs.
      Black 99 F150 Lightning with a 2.3L Kenne Bell and extras 465whp/ 593ft/lbs 12.786@104.495
      Black 91pgt 12.02@108mph, 12.04@115mph 12.06@119mph 350.6hp 425.6ft/lbs Best 1/8th 7.81@94.79mph

Comment

Originally posted by Sphinx Munkey
        People on this board? shit 98% of the ppl i know don't have money to spend on what they want, and none of them have 'spare' cash to blow on their car... you've got one helluva bad ass ride bro. keep it up
        Tru.. Sometimes you have to put your money where your mouth is. Put up or shut up. haha

Thanks for the compliments guys'.
        Black 99 F150 Lightning with a 2.3L Kenne Bell and extras 465whp/ 593ft/lbs 12.786@104.495
        Black 91pgt 12.02@108mph, 12.04@115mph 12.06@119mph 350.6hp 425.6ft/lbs Best 1/8th 7.81@94.79mph

Comment

Just wondering.... what are the specs on the cam you are running and is your car still streetable as a daily driver with all the mods and hp?
          89 probe gt, fast car when its running. T-bird hybrid, Pacesetter cat-back, DTM muffler, ported and polished head, Walbro 190, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, Zombie chip, cone air filter, shooting for 16psi w/o breaking down, when I do i will take it to the track and post some et's

Comment

Originally posted by kenny89gt
            Just wondering.... what are the specs on the cam you are running and is your car still streetable as a daily driver with all the mods and hp?
            Yeah, it's very streetable. I just push the lo boost button on my Profec B, and I'm back at 10-11psi, running slightly rich, of course that puts me back down to like 170-190hp range, but it's definately drivable. Now don't get me wrong I don't recommend it for daily driving duties though, just get a beater, to do the short trips to and from work/school, and just take the fast one out for racing, and cruising.
            I have the specs on my home computer, it's a colt cam regrind from Canada. I like the cam, but it could be more agressive.
            eric

Comment

I am hoping to be at the same place you are at soon.I am going thru my motor and adding many goodies.Tial 38mm wastegate,racing mazda downpipe,Magnecors,Head work,Cam Motions Cam,Toga racing bearings and oil pump, a few I probably forgetting, and all my other mods.I also was wanting to put a 50 shot on my car,and after seeing this post I think i will.Does the motor take to it well,and what do you have your ignition timing set to?What kind of EGT's are you running,were did you put your EGT?I bought the mazda gasket it will hold up if torqued a little extra won't it?And your numbers kick ass!That is exactly what I want to reach.I was planning on running 18 psi on high boost and 10 on low.When I get everything together I will probably need your help dialing in the Greddy profec B.I was having a hard time getting it to do anything.Sorry for all the question I just want to be ready.
              Thanks for inspiration.
              90 PGT with Pacesetter short throw shifter,MSD TFI coil,MSD 6AL Ignition,Bosch wires,GreddyProfec-B Spec II boost controller,Boost gauge,Pro 1 muffler w/ 4 1/2'' tip,PRD intake ,Custom made front and rear strut bars, weight reduction,Turbo XS type H RFL BOV,straight piped 2.5'',air fuel gauge,Tenzo R RS 5 wheels,Walbro 255 high pressure fuel pump,440 Supra injectors,and Jeremy's chip,(15 psi),26x6x3 Spearco Intercooler,white face gauges,Carbon fiber gauge bezel,HKS turbo timer,and Dual ball bearing Garret center section turbo.

Comment

I was wondering what somebody can put out w/ a PGT. Hopefully we can find out what a stock head, internals, and turbo can do. For your 1/4 mile times, what tires are you using? Is your transmisson stock and what clutch set-up are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by lubexpertz
                  I was wondering what somebody can put out w/ a PGT. Hopefully we can find out what a stock head, internals, and turbo can do. For your 1/4 mile times, what tires are you using? Is your transmisson stock and what clutch set-up are you using?
                  I have an ACT HD pressure plate with street/strip disk rated at 322ft/lbs, been in the car for 2years or so. I put a phantom grip LSD in the tranny, along with a new spider gear and 3rd gear shift fork, so it's like-new. I was running Mickey Thompson ET slicks 22*8*15's. This year I'll be running 23*8*15.
                  eric

Comment

Originally posted by Gran_Touring 90
                    I am hoping to be at the same place you are at soon.I am going thru my motor and adding many goodies.Tial 38mm wastegate,racing mazda downpipe,Magnecors,Head work,Cam Motions Cam,Toga racing bearings and oil pump, a few I probably forgetting, and all my other mods.I also was wanting to put a 50 shot on my car,and after seeing this post I think i will.Does the motor take to it well,and what do you have your ignition timing set to?What kind of EGT's are you running,were did you put your EGT?I bought the mazda gasket it will hold up if torqued a little extra won't it?And your numbers kick ass!That is exactly what I want to reach.I was planning on running 18 psi on high boost and 10 on low.When I get everything together I will probably need your help dialing in the Greddy profec B.I was having a hard time getting it to do anything.Sorry for all the question I just want to be ready.
                    Thanks for inspiration.
                    The only problem I had with mine at the beginning was finding good vacuum sources for each component. I had to run my external wastegate from a different source than my BOV, otherwise the wastegate wouldn't open and you get MAD boost. I have the vacuum line for the Profec B coming off a T with the FPR just like in the instructions.

Other than that it's not to hard to use.
                    eric

Comment

Do you think there is anyway I could get a picture of your Wastegate setup?Is your ignition timing set to stock?And what Egt's are you running?Th guys at racing mazda said that 1450- 1500 degrees is ideal temps but I was curious what you were hitting and how much boost?Were did you put your EGT?Thanks for all the help!!
                      Jessie
                      90 PGT with Pacesetter short throw shifter,MSD TFI coil,MSD 6AL Ignition,Bosch wires,GreddyProfec-B Spec II boost controller,Boost gauge,Pro 1 muffler w/ 4 1/2'' tip,PRD intake ,Custom made front and rear strut bars, weight reduction,Turbo XS type H RFL BOV,straight piped 2.5'',air fuel gauge,Tenzo R RS 5 wheels,Walbro 255 high pressure fuel pump,440 Supra injectors,and Jeremy's chip,(15 psi),26x6x3 Spearco Intercooler,white face gauges,Carbon fiber gauge bezel,HKS turbo timer,and Dual ball bearing Garret center section turbo.

Comment

manifold
                        This should get you to a pic of my manifold. You can also see where I have the EGT tapped in. They say you're supposed to put it about 3" from your leanest cylinder, but we put it smack dab in the middle. By the end of the track I see probably just under 1600 degrees. 1510 is the ideal number you're looking for when tuning. Make sure to put it on a dyno with a wideband O2, so you can get a more accurate tuning done. I was running 20psi with the 50 shot. My turbo has a bad spot in the bearing now so I have to rebuild it, and then I'm probably going to get a bigger one. I'm going to try to run about 15psi and go for more juice. I'll start with the 75 shot and I might dabble at the 100shot later on. Not positive what the ignition is set at. I thought it was at about 12 Degrees, but it could've been off slightly.
                        eric

Comment

If that link doesn't work goto the sight in my signature, on page 4.

Comment

hey did you make you manfiold or did you have it made......and if so how much did it cost?.....im lookin to upgrade the manifiold and turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by browneyedsumer
                              hey did you make you manfiold or did you have it made......and if so how much did it cost?.....im lookin to upgrade the manifiold and turbo.
                              here in his sign

http://groups.msn.com/1stgenMX6Probe...91probegt.msnw
                              Everything in my signature and all that I post in the kills stories forum is BULLSHIT

Comment

drool
                                MBC 15psi, K&N cone, CAI, RSTB, Blaster 2 Coil, Zombie chip, Magnecore KV85, NGK plugs, Grounding Kit, 2.5in. Turbo Back, Auto Meter Boost and A/F gauges, KYB GR2s,Intrax,Pioneer deck,Rockford 225.2, 2 12'RockfordXLC,Sleepy Eyes

Comment

Working...
                                X