SBPGT's Turbo build...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBPGT's Turbo build...

Everyone else is doing it, so I decided to go turbo too!

This is what I've bought so far...

This build might take a while, because I live in an apartment and don't really have any place to work on the car.
    Last edited by SBPGT; July 15, 2017, 07:12 PM.
    Currently buying all my parts for my future part-out thread...https://forums.probetalk.com/core/im.../icon_look.gif
    STEVE B
    1993 Probe GT
    2016 Mustang

Ummmmmm..............dont know what to say? I'm a little booked right now with probe people needing work, this 1st peice of the puzzle looks like it could take a while in itself. How's the 1st of january sound?
    1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
    1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
    2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
    2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
    1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Subscribed.
      96' MX6

Comment

Cool!! It might take only 5 years to get all the parts and another 5 to put together.

Comment

God I just laughed so hard when i scrolled down to that pic.
          Jim K.
          :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

Hot Pipes (Used/FREE)

Water to Air Intercooler

W/A Heat Exchanger, Pump and Fan

Synapse Eng. WG and BOV

MegaSquirt MS3X

Everything

Installed Parts:

Outlaw Eng Spacers

Sachs Performance Clutch/Pressure Plate and Stock Flywheel

Still need to buy a lot of little stuff, fittings, hoses, oil lines, gauges, and upgrade the fuel system. But this is the start of my build so far...
            Last edited by SBPGT; July 15, 2017, 07:18 PM.
            Currently buying all my parts for my future part-out thread...https://forums.probetalk.com/core/im.../icon_look.gif
            STEVE B
            1993 Probe GT
            2016 Mustang

Comment

That's what I am talking about!!!

Comment

what no light weight flywheel at least a mx3 one
                95 PGT white dd klze / mtx fidanza,maf swapped obx headers 2 1/2" mandrel bent 14.3 sec 1/4mile time
                94 PGT blue toy de/ze/g4 hybrid/ mtx turbo 5- 10 psi maf swapped aem piggy back, fidanza mandrel bent exaust
                93 PGT red klde/mtx klg4 intake,wild orchid interior
                97&94&93 PGT gone
                DALE

Comment

Originally posted by daweb View Post
                  what no light weight flywheel at least a mx3 one
                  Not yet, I needed a FW when I did the clutch because everything was burnt and glazed. I couldn't find the MX3 FW in stock that day.

May need to upgrade this clutch setup for the turbo, works great for N/A! Maybe even a Twin Disk setup for more weight savings?
                  STEVE B
                  1993 Probe GT
                  2016 Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by SBPGT View Post
                    Maybe even a Twin Disk setup for more weight savings?
                    shut Uuuuuuuup. Been collecting and contemplating far far too long to have to save up for that overkill piece. What's this your 2nd attempt at making a probe fast? Remind me again what happened the 1st time......
                    1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                    1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                    2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                    2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                    1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

Originally posted by mac1 View Post
                      What's this your 2nd attempt at making a probe fast? Remind me again what happened the 1st time......
                      Marriage!
                      STEVE B
                      1993 Probe GT
                      2016 Mustang

Comment

Looking good,what turbo you running
                        96 probe gt KLZE with a new ZE Gutted and junked
                        94 probe gt sold,93 probe gt sold
                        first 96 probe gt KLZE sold
                        NEW 93 pgt KLZE swapped. Boosted axed and sold
                        2004 srt4 on 22 psi the dd

Comment

So what made you decide to go with a water/air intercooler setup?
                          Jim K.
                          :89LX: Gone but not forgotten:96 PGT:(ze twin turbo) Its not purple dammit! Its BOYSENBERRY! :89PGT: New project :03 KLZE Protege5: Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.

Comment

^i second that, I think I may go that route honestly to save space.
                            1996 PGT atx...for now, Intake, exhaust, yonaka coilovers http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701306455...wrecked, put back to stock, Sold

1994 PGT MTX...http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701309068

Comment

I would think using a traditional I/C setup with a spray bar would be a littler better in hot ass AZ. Once a water/air setup's water is heat soaked its pretty much useless.
                              Jim K.

Comment

Working...
                              X