Ford Probe GT 2.5L KLDE Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Onyxhammer View Post
    Mac1 here are the final numbers. Check and see what you come up with.

Bore - 3.347
    Stroke - 2.921
    Combustion Chamber Volume - 39cc
    Head Gasket Thickness - .016in
    Head Gasket Bore - 3.375in
    Deck Height - .013
    Top Piston Volme - 14.1cc (dished of course)

I've done the math on paper and used calculators, I'm getting 8.35:1 but let me know.
    Why so low? Something in the 10-11:1 range would be better off.
    2012 Focus Titanium - Daily | 1989 Lincoln Mark VII - NT car | 2005 Dodge Ram | 1996 PGT - Fate TBD

Comment

im curious too. why so low on the compression?
      96 pgt 15000mls on rebuilt, kl31cams, ebay sts, 9lb flywheel,16mm 626 sway bar, stage 2 clutch, chrome 5 stars, Ground Control coilovers on Illuminas, OEM mudflaps, window sealer mtr mnts. 17" XXR 962's. http://imgur.com/a/zHp21

Comment

Simple. Money and time. Either wait 8 weeks and pay more money OR use these ones that someone wanted that were just made and canceled their order. This low of compression isnt going to be killer considering I'm going to around 20-25 pounds. Im waiting for a car to sell off my car lot so I can get my PAR tranny built.

Comment

^^ yup Lower compression = more boost friendly I guess you could say trade-offs.
          1989 pgt: 13.6@111mph slow car
          1990 pgt: fast car

Comment

at 7.7:1 c/r and 18psi on a base tune on pump gas with a race weight of 2500lbs I was easily in the mid low 13's. Gonna be doing it again in couple weeks with up to day tune and aiming for 11's.
            1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
            1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
            2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
            2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
            1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

We're doing the same thing, kinda. Lol I just need a damn car to sell so I can get my new tranny.

Comment

well you got a bigger turbo and building a PAR trans so it's gonna be ungodly. If you cant afford the tranny soon enough just make your car super light.
                1993 Mercury tRacer :Vitara & mFactory: In progress 2020
                1994 Mercury TrAcer Wagon : '02 SPI swap : sold
                2014 Factory Five 818s: sold
                2000 Lotus esprit v8TT : 1st v8 on MS3x, ls1 coils,h20 injection
                1997 Nissan 200sx 1.6L : 35-39mpg the daily

Comment

I was honestly thinking that myself. I should take a picture of my shelf with 5 transmissions for this car. I've got a local JY that just delivers whole Probes to me. Its kinda nice lol I just pay the scrap price

Comment

Got some more updates and pictures!

Start of some sand blasting

About halfway

Battery rust I have to fix tomorrow

Rack and pinion out

I forgot to take pictures after getting both harnesses from out, clutch master cylinder, and brake booster. Now that the engine bay is fully striped I'm going to some more blasting then get it prepped for paint. Lots of other little odds and ends to do.

Quick question. What is the small black box (1"x2"x2") that plugs in above the factory ECU? Wasnt sure.

My paint is mixed and ready, its going to be shadow gunmetal gray. Then all of my others things will either be a medium gray or jet black. Let me know what you think!
                    Last edited by Onyxhammer; May 27, 2014, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Got a little more done today in between all of the customer work that came in.

Dash/wiring harness out

Rest of the bay striped

Harness(this is a huge PITA to pull out lol)

Got all of my paint BC/CC today and got the jams prepped just have to do the engine bay in the AM. Painted pictures should be here tomorrow!
                      Last edited by Onyxhammer; May 27, 2014, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Dang man you've definitely got a project there lol. Looking awesome so far!

Comment

Awesome build updates better be nonstop I need some probe entertainment!
                          93 silver PGT-T----> Turbo parted. Car sold as of 5/4/12

2009 Mazdaspeed3 GT--> Metro grey metallic, SRI, short shift plate.

Comment

Is that a 93'? I think they had some kind of box on top of the ECU, they only used it that year.
                            1997 Ford Probe GTS "Optimus Probe" - SOLD - 2005 Impreza RS Wagon "Silverstreak" - 2006 Pontiac Solstice "Jazz" - 2017 Camaro turbo "BEEFOUR" - Cadillac 500 powered 1995 K1500 "Steve"

Comment

Yes its a '93.

Got some new updates and pictures! Got my engine bay part of the way done, waiting on my base coat to dry to clear it. But figured I'd give you guys some pictures!

Here is the engine bay:

Here are two shots of the passenger side:

I wouldve gotten the drivers side but the lighting was bad
                              Here is a close up of my custom gunmetal gray

Hope you guys like the color, I do. Just waiting to clear it.
                              Last edited by Onyxhammer; May 27, 2014, 02:41 AM.

Comment

Tonights project! Lets see how far I make it tonight.
                                Last edited by Onyxhammer; January 9, 2017, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X