Ford Probe GT 2.5L KLDE Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice choice of color there!

Are you gonna re-tape the wiring harness? Fuuuu...

Comment

I'm relocating the fuse box and tucking wires. Got lots to do, about 50% through the entire harness now
      Last edited by Onyxhammer; January 9, 2017, 04:51 PM.

Comment

wow good job there, thats so much work A+ on the idea, you did not want to sand the glue that holds parts together? some sand paper to bring it all flush ect?
        Daily : http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...type/mycar.jpg

Fun: http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...e/DSC05527.jpg

Comment

I took a lot of the glue out after sand blasting, sand blasting glue doesn't work too well, it just bounces off. But sadly I'm not making this a show quality car, I've only got a limited window to get it all back together. Although I am doing everything right. I worked on wiring from 8am until 3am, with some breaks for customer work that came in. It really slows me down.

Tonight's update: got the entire harness rewired together on the table, tomorrow its run the wires in the car then attach it all back to the fuse block. Still trying to figure out my MS, not 100% how to wire it still.

Comment

Updates from today:

Fuse box is gone!

Rewired through fender

Inside the cab above pedals(I apologize for the poor quality)

Tucked against the firewall(still need to fasten it down)

Just before hooking up the fuse box

Final project hook the fuse box back up and mount it in my false glove compartment
            Last edited by Onyxhammer; May 27, 2014, 02:44 AM.

Comment

I think it looks show quality! That clear really makes it bling bling. The fuse box going to sit under the glove box? Do you have your own shop??
              Last edited by H_type; June 10, 2012, 12:29 PM.
              Daily : http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...type/mycar.jpg

Fun: http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...e/DSC05527.jpg

Comment

Yea, my dad and I own our own used car lot, state inspection shop, and we do a little bit of everything. So I'm buidling an entire new car. Our shop is 45'x110' with an additional 12'x20-something out back with 2 lifts.

Comment

Forgot to mention that the fuse box is being located on a bracket in the glove box.

Comment

Super clean, bro!
                    1995 Ford Probe GT, black - Garrett GT3076-R @ 11.2psi. ~321ish whp/303ish wtq @ 19-20○ ignition, DIYPNP MS2/extra, etc. -parted & junked
                    1995 Ford Probe GT, black - MS3-Pro Ultimate, bone stock-ish, daily driver)

Comment

I need to get some pictures of the box but its completely wired. I am going to shorten up a few wires to make it look better but it took 24 hours total just to do the wire tuck on the fusebox and move it to the. glove compartment. I guess it could be worse since this is the first time I've done this.

Comment

Alright, just a few updates. I haven't had too much time to work on this since I just bought a new 33' camper that I had to put an entire new roof on (which is a huge pain to install rubber roofing) but, I did manage to get 90% of my stuff ready to install.

Here is the 99% finished box. I tested a lot of it and everything seems to work just fine, I still have to install it in the dash and shorten up some of my wires that are too long. No big deal. Still have some shrink wrapping, taping, and some wire looming to do. Then that will be done.

I have all of my accessories and such painted gray, sadly I didn't have enough money to BC/CC everything so my gray will have to suffice for now. But here's some of it, I'll have to get more pictures tomorrow. I plan on having this car painted this week and then finish my fabrication work up. Running out of room in my shop for 3 car interiors so I have to get it all installed back in so I can make room for more stuff.

Still reading, learning, and trying to figure out my MS. I think I got the jist of where all the wires need to go, but not 100% yet.

I also need to order my fuel lines/AN fittings. Got my injectors tested and for the price I paid for them and having them tested I can't complain at all.

Here's the spreadsheet from Injector Rehab for my injectors(I'm 110% satisfied since I sent them out on Wednesday and had them back the following Monday)

Only reason the one didn't test before the cleaning and such was one o-ring was broken and the cap was totally destroyed. But, everything came out perfect anyways.
                        Last edited by Onyxhammer; May 27, 2014, 02:46 AM.

Comment

wow this is super clean, wish i could do this, to bad i don't have a shop lol.

Comment

THAT's how I wanted to do my wiring, and IMO the only real way to clean/tidy things up. but i dont have the time/place to strip the car down to that degree
                            NCPOC > BAPOC > SCPOC > FlaPOC > MIPOC

Comment

car is looking great, that color really looks good man.
                              97 pgt, manual swap, jdm lsd trans, cm stage 2 clutch, mx3 flywheel, cai

2001 626

Comment

Well, just a heads up for today. I got the engine bay back together, minus the motor/tranny. I've had soooo much customer work come in the last week that my dad and I've been working 16hr days 7 days a week. We figured it out on our lunch break that it's been since late Feburary since the last time we've had a day off.

I'm hoping that tomorrow I can finish the real small stuff on the engine bay so I can get this motor mounted. I've got until the 30th to hopefully get this thing on 4 tires.

Let me get a picture really quick so I can show some updates.

Comment

Working...
                                X