Interior: To dye or to paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: To dye or to paint

I know there have been similar posts to this, however I don't think I am satisfied with the answers. Basically I want to keep my interior the color it is, however some of the pieces are faded. I have an 89 PGT with a scarlet red interior. The worst pieces are the ones right along the sides of the quarter windows, and trunk. They are almost white due to the sun fading them. The back of the seats are also faded. Anyway, I was thinking about painting them, but I'm not sure how well it would hold up. I also want the color to match the rest of the interior, I'm sure if I painted or dyed it, it would not match. Therefor I would probably have to do the entire interior. Also, if I paint the interior and I "armor all" it once in a while how would this make the paint look? Would it keep it's shine or would it look flat and dull? I am also wondering about dyeing, since I heard that sometimes if you don't do it right the dye will come out uneven. Aside from finding "new" pieces that aren't faded, I will either have to paint or dye. I wan't my interior color as close to stock as possible.

What should I do??
    saving up for an FE3

go to ur local ford and buy the interior paint that they carry.. give them the car year and the color inside the car and they have the paint to match it perfectly... i did it to my mustang and my probe and it works awsome.... and ford sells it so u know its good stuff and the colors are dead on.. let me know how it turns out!

Comment

Sounds good. What year is your probe? Mine is an 89 and whenever I call ford about parts they always say they are discontinued. My friend works at a ford dealer and he tried to get me some taillight gaskets, and some exterior touch up paint....he said they told him both were discontinued. I'll call and see if they have the dye though.

How much do they give you? Is it a hard process to do? If I do it I will probably do the entire interior....
      saving up for an FE3

Comment

hey go to Discount Auto Parts or Napa or Auto ZOne or Pep Boys you get my point they have exterior car paint in spray cans look for Ford Motors or FM and look for the color of your car also GM paint comes real close i just did my interior with that paint easy applications not messy(not too much) looks great all you might need to do is get a sealer or a clear coat and put it over the paint when the color paint is dry

Comment

Working...
        X