Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Tech Section > 2nd Gen (93-97) V6 2.5L

2nd Gen (93-97) V6 2.5L Discussion of Maint Issues for V6

Old June 25th, 2017, 03:41 PM   #26
BLUEnoEQ
Turbo Member

Only 93-94. Probably a power wire for an aftermarket amp. Where does it end?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BLUEnoEQ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2017, 03:55 PM   #27
PGT96er
Slow Learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEnoEQ View Post
Only 93-94. Probably a power wire for an aftermarket amp. Where does it end?
doesnt end. it was cut.

i might just order a new oem subwoofer amp and see if it works. i dont think the wiring would be bad.
PGT96er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2017, 03:33 PM   #28
diosnoche
Donating User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGT96er View Post
Its been months i know, but did 96-97 GT's come with EQ?
No, discontinued after 1994, only 93-94 had the option. Wiring will not be in place. Only 93-94 models had all the wiring in place for every option even if the car didn't have that option.

Last edited by diosnoche; June 26th, 2017 at 03:35 PM.
diosnoche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2017, 06:03 PM   #29
BLUEnoEQ
Turbo Member

I'd check to see if all the wiring there is hooked up before buying another amp. You should be able to use a DVOM, (digital volt/ohm meter,) from the amp to the sub amp to see if the signal wires connect between the 4ch amp and sub amp, also to see if you've got 12v and a ground at the sub amp, and/or 12v that goes on and off with the key and/or HU. There are I think 5 wires at the sub amp. You should find 2 that match on the 4ch amp, a thicker wire that is 12v or ground, I think black is ground blue is 12v.

BLUEnoEQ is online now   Reply With Quote