Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Photography, Video, Photoshop > Probe Pic & Video Post

Probe Pic & Video Post Post your PROBE-RELATED pics and Videos here!

Old August 14th, 2017, 09:24 AM   #151
proboner

Just bought some new interim wheels/tires. The 17x9 245/45/17's I had on there weighed 50lbs a piece and are larger than stock. In my apparently ever enduring quest to get this thing as light as possible, I bought some Kosei K4R's in 17x7 with very fresh Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Spec tires in 225/45/17 yesterday for $400 that come in at 38lbs each, for a total unsprung weight savings of around 50lbs. Pretty incredible considering those Dunlops weigh 25lbs themselves, which put the Kosei's in around 13-14lbs!

Unfortunately theyre 7" wide and +50 offset, so they look absolutely horrendous, but I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for a more appropriate set to switch to... just wanted something I could take to the scale, dyno, and track that would be more performance oriented. Hoping to find myself a 17x8 +32 wheel that weighs under 16lbs and throw a ~22lb 245/40/17 tire on there for the best of all worlds.

Elo-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Beast- Sleeping in the junkyard...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Project RWD- RWD PGT For Sale... pm me if interested
proboner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2017, 05:50 AM   #152
plx92

Nice buy on the wheels and tires, the zII's are a great tire.

In the future hunt for light wheels in more appropriate specs:

The Kosei K8r, Advanti storm s1, Konig hypergram and ultraform, are all flow formed, 15-17lbs a piece, cheaper than enkei rpf1's (while just as strong) and available in 17x8 with offsets ranging from +30 to +35.

To shop the Advanti's and Kosei's I was able to hack tireracks search engine by finding the 03 mustang GT and the lexus sc300 both used those specs.
2014 Fiesta ST_Lemon
2017 BRZ Premium_Daily
plx92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2017, 11:48 AM   #153
proboner

haha I actually ended up doing this yesterday... used the 1999 Mustang GT. It's SUPER annoying that they don't just let you search by wheel size. I plan on selling all the wheels I have and get the Kosei K8R with some 235/40/17's for ~$800 total. 17x8 +35 along with a 8mm spacers all around will get me in a good place.

Thanks for the info on the Advanti and Konig's as well. Ive been trying to find them all used on Craigslist to keep prices down, but I think TireRack may end up being where i go.

Elo-

The Beast- Sleeping in the junkyard...

Project RWD- RWD PGT For Sale... pm me if interested

Last edited by proboner; August 15th, 2017 at 11:50 AM.
proboner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2017, 01:42 PM   #154
plx92

No problem, I did this over the winter, ended up with the hypergrams, (got a good deal through discount tire, special order while they were running a promotion)

Our cars really suck for wheel/tire fitment in the rear. The trailing arm really hinders space and not many cheap lightweight wheels are made in the specs we need.
2014 Fiesta ST_Lemon
2017 BRZ Premium_Daily
plx92 is offline   Reply With Quote