Moven the tank inlet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moven the tank inlet

Fuel inlet: Fuel inlet moved to behind the license plate (kind of like in the old cars) like in the 67 Mustangs.
    My pl an is to move the inlet of the fuel tank to the rear of the car behind the license plate.. kind of like the old 67 Mustangs did (its not a daily driver so not worried about the rear collision aspect)
    i'm also wanting to shave the area where the old fuel door is..
    how hard would it to be to put a new tank in. can the old tank be rearanged to make a new inlet, what are the tanks made out of?
    could i use a tank from a old stang? ect?
    what all do you think would be involved in doing this..
    i already figured i'd get the springy plate holder from the stang or a similar car..
    - Check this out -
    Ferion
    Balor

i plan on moving my tank inlet when my car gets shaved then painted. the inlet will be extended and move to where i fill my rear wiper fluid. i dont know what is there on cars without the rear wiper. my car will be a daily driver. instead of poppin the fuel door i'll just pop the trunk(just have to be careful not to get fuel inside the trunk lol)
    Adam Kirkpatrick
    1994 Ford Probe GT-T - Built for me, by me, 265whp
    2010 Ford Fusion SEL - Wife's daily driver . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1997 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 - Daily driver
    1997 Ford F-150 XLT 4x2 - Work truck, wrapped, on 20's . . . 2001 Ford Focus SE Wagon - Work car

Comment

yeah that would be the only thing is that if you got some in the trunk.. kind of look wierd to say a cop or something.. u have your trunk open filling your windshield whiper fluid with gas... hmmmmm
      - Check this out -
      Ferion
      Balor

Comment

thing is you have to find a take and then modify that tank to have the inlet where you want it and that's no easy work from what I hear
        --MJ--
        --2006 Ford Fusion I4 SE--Tungsten Silver--6 Speed Auto--

Comment

Brad (Probe em) as well as someone else with a really low Probe have already done this.

They just had new fuel tank filler arms fashioned... Brad's went into the same area you're talking about (the filler for the rear wiper). The other person's went behind the tail light and the tail was mounted on a hinge so it could swing out of the way.

For Probes without rear wiper (like mine) there is just a black plastic 'plug' that fills the hole where the wiper filler would be.
          -Chris C.
          Cadillac ATS 3.6L AWD

Comment

The car you're talking about ('67 Mustang) didn't have a hidden filler ... it was out in the open. IIRC, the tank is almost the same size (gallon wise) as ours, but it's steel.

Look into early-mid '90 GMs ... several of them had hidden fillers behind the license plate.
            Cut out the sheetmetal around the filler, and have it welded to the car. Then use whatever other parts you need to hook it all up.
            Don't forget to protect the filler hose in the trunk since it will be exposed.
            1994 Ford Probe 2.0L MTX
            Kitted. Lambos. Slammed. 18s. T3/04E. LSD. MSII. Zoom-Zoom-Psst.

1996 Mazda 626 2.0L MTX
            Lowered. 18s. P5 FSDE. MP3 PCM.

Cardomain - Needs updating.

Comment

The fuel tank on my trans am is hidden behind the liscense plate!
              -Deven -
              Optical Illusion Database
              93 Probe Gt -
              http://www.myproxybrowser.comSurf the net 100% Anonymously!
              http://www.hidethenet.com Access blocked sites from work or school

Comment

i have my filler hole in the rear windshield wiper fluid hole. If you do move the filler hole behind the plate you will have to cut out the spare tire well. I looked into that, but remember you have to have a good angle, not to sharp but not to straight, to get the fuel flowing or everytime you fill up it will click off because the bend is to sharp and will want to come back out. My car domain site i think has some pictures of mine, if not i know sawwingjigglo has a pic on his site

Comment

yeah i forogt all about the inlet angle and all that stuff.. i'd have to totaly redo the back end of the car and trunk to do this...
                  - Check this out -
                  Ferion
                  Balor

Comment

Working...
                  X