Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeler: Bulk Buy MX6 MazdaSpeed Replicas

Hi All

I am in the process of trying to find out who has a legitimate interest in wanting FiberGlass replica's of the MX-6 MazdaSpeed Lip & Skirts as well as the LSI Pods.

I've got the genuine set and am sourcing out quotes to confirm costs. These will be manufactured and shipped out from Victoria BC Canada.

I am looking at a couple of different ways to finance this. Depending on costs, I may front the whole amount out of my pocket, or possibly ask for deposit where X dollars would needed within 30/45 days and I would front the rest of the cash. If the quota isn't met within 30 days, everyone gets their money back. Everything will be going through PayPal

So keeping this simple:

Quantity:

10 pairs of MX-6 MazdaSpeed Skirts
    10 MX-6 Mazdaspeed Lips
    10 Pairs of LSI Pods.

Rough costs for fiberglass replicas are: I am still getting quotes around town

MazdaSpeed Skirts - ~$350USD (not including shipping)
    MazdaSpeed Lip - ~$250 USD (Not including shipping)
    LSI Pods ~ $100 - $120USD (Not including Shipping)

Again, this is only a feeler. NOT the actual bulk buy. IF this does move forward, Stacey and DMark will be approached to find out what the best way to proceed on Probetalk. I will be also reaching out to the Facebook forums and other Mazda related sites. This thread will also exist on MX6.com

http://www.mx6.com/forums/lounge/254...ml#post2459194

So Kiddies, who's interested?
    Last edited by twopedalwarrior; November 20, 2013, 08:42 PM.
    1994 MX-6 LS ATX/MTX Swap
    What have I done to it? Stuff...
    What will be done to it next? More Stuff...
    Build Thread - http://www.mx6.com/forums/gallery/24...ld-thread.html

Posting Holder

- For Final Costs
    - Payment details
    - Running tally of people who want

Comment

Even though i dont own an mx6, i will next year.

Im in for a set of LSI pods.
      95 mx6 with a 4 lug swap
      Built, Not Bought.
      No, my username is Not from that stupid movie.

Comment

i would possibly be intrested in one (yes one individual) sideskirt, and the front lip.
        I got one genuine side from Japan, and was plan ing to replicate it, but if you can sort me one, that would be nice
        Mazda 626 GT - 2.5 V6 - KL31
        Mazda RX-7 FD - EU spec

Comment

Ok, I've got two guys who are in the run for final quotes, these are guys who charge $40 - $60 an hour. The molds so far look like they will cost about $2K before we move into manufacturing. Will keep you posted on final numbers and how this will get started.

Comment

I would probably end up buiyng a set from you just to get the ball on those rolling. Do you own the molds when theya re done, so that you can run smaller production runs after the initial one?

Will you attempt to get a wing to replicate also?

Also, would you be able to ship international? By cutting the skirt in half, and the lip in 3 parts, you are able to ship it pretty cheap (100-150USD) anywhere in the world.
            Mazda RX-7 FD - EU spec

Comment

Originally posted by Zepticon View Post
              I would probably end up buiyng a set from you just to get the ball on those rolling. Do you own the molds when theya re done, so that you can run smaller production runs after the initial one?

Will you attempt to get a wing to replicate also?

Also, would you be able to ship international? By cutting the skirt in half, and the lip in 3 parts, you are able to ship it pretty cheap (100-150USD) anywhere in the world.
              1) Yes the molds will be mine, but in order for me to breakeven and pocket some profit, this quantity is set for the first run. Would be happy to do more later on.

2) Wing, yes if I can find one, but this will be probably later next year

3) I have no problem with international shipping (buyer pays)

As for breaking the parts down into smaller pieces, I am not sure how to visualize how people would reassemble. I was really planning to ship in one piece, insured for damage, and people can paint and mount with no fussing around.

But enlighten me on breaking them apart and how people could put them back together....

Comment

If it is cut cleanly its extremely easy to mount and fiberglass back together with mat and resin. Just some patience and sanding and its good as new.
                95 mx6 with a 4 lug swap
                Built, Not Bought.
                No, my username is Not from that stupid movie.

Comment

Originally posted by twopedalwarrior View Post
                  As for breaking the parts down into smaller pieces, I am not sure how to visualize how people would reassemble. I was really planning to ship in one piece, insured for damage, and people can paint and mount with no fussing around.

But enlighten me on breaking them apart and how people could put them back together....
                  Shipping to Norway (and i guess any non american country)would cost around 600USD if you want to ship them in one piece (last time i checked). When they are cut in half, its just a bit over 100USD.

As for putting htem together, that is done in a day, without any reassembly instructions. Just make an agled cut right over the middle of the skirt, and on each of the front lip corners.
                  Mazda RX-7 FD - EU spec

Comment

Originally posted by Zepticon View Post
                    Shipping to Norway (and i guess any non american country)would cost around 600USD if you want to ship them in one piece (last time i checked). When they are cut in half, its just a bit over 100USD.

As for putting htem together, that is done in a day, without any reassembly instructions. Just make an agled cut right over the middle of the skirt, and on each of the front lip corners.
                    I like the idea of cutting, but will be per request.

Last shipping I checked for Canada to Poland for Skirts and Lip came out to 240 USD, but I think there is wiggle room on that.

Comment

Any news here?
                      Mazda RX-7 FD - EU spec

Comment

Working...
                      X