Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rough running between around 2050- 2500 rpm??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough running between around 2050- 2500 rpm??

My probie seems to have like a burble or whatever between 2050-2500. Almost like when you let off the gas and you have an exhaust you can hear it burble...same sound. I had a mechanic test drive it a few months ago and he said that I am running rich right in that spot and he feels that its caused by my exhaust. He said that I need an intake to lean out the fuel a little and perhaps a chip to alter the fuel and timing and it should fix the problem. Has anyone ever heard of this before? I don't know if he was full of shit or not. Thanks for the help.

'93 RX-7 Touring -Vintage RedSOLD
    '95 Probe GT [/url] - Lazuli Blue Pearl

A good mechanic would have put the car on a scope and pinpointed the fuel problem with ease...Not test drive it....

Try getting your injectors cleaned...This may also be a problem with the ignition system....

Rick_96PGT #62
    "I never apologize.
    I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

That same mechanic installed new plug wires, new plugs, new cap and rotor, and adjusted the timing. So I doubt it is the ignition...what else could go wrong with it? One of my O2's is out, but this problem existed before the bad O2 sensor. /me shrugs.

'93 RX-7 Touring -Vintage RedSOLD
      '95 Probe GT [/url] - Lazuli Blue Pearl

Comment

that's definitely bull!!

take it to another mechanic to see if what he did to your car is what is causing the problems.

good luck.
        Once upon a time i had a 1995 PROBE AKA MAGIC JOHNSON • Grand Touring • MTX • White/Tan leather • Rockford Fosgate Sub • Rockford Fosgate 300S Amp • JBL GTO 620 • Clarion ProAudio • Magnum Extreme • NGK • Redline MT-90 • Mobil1 • Potenza RE950 • Eibach Pro Kit • FSTB • Vibrant Performance Muffler • Twin SS Riceboy Tips • 2.5" Piping • Brembo X-drilled • Red Calipers •

http://www.probedb.co.uk/display.php?clubid=&id=54

Comment

Working...
        X