Announcement

Collapse

Corner Store Forums Rules - PLEASE READ this and the stickies!

UPDATED: Changes have been made, effective 1 Nov 2010, and are in RED

The general WTB forum has been REINSTATED and REOPENED!

Rules for the Corner Store forums:
  • No E-bay links - if you want to sell something here, sell it. This is not an auction house.
  • No feeler threads - again, if you want to sell something, sell it.
  • No soliciting sales through the PM system. If you are caught doing this, you will be dealt with accordingly.
  • If you are selling something, include either a fixed price or the lowest acceptable price.
  • Please use a descriptive thread title. If you post in the For Sale forum, please add a FS: tag to whatever it is you're selling.
  • Please add state tags in all thread titles in the CS, No one is excluded from this.
  • Post in the CORRECT forum. Miscellaneous items belong in that forum. The For Sale forum is strictly for Probe/MX-6/MX-3/626 related items.
  • If you have multiple items for sale, list them in ONE thread!
  • Only Authorized PT Vendors may post new threads in the Vendor For Sale forum. This is to facilitate easily finding the Vendors sale threads.
  • Any parts sellers must now include a picture of the parts they are selling, along with something showing their screen name and ProbeTalk.com alongside the item they're selling
  • Anyone who takes an unreasonable amount of time to deliver goods or pay for those goods will be UNCONDITIONALLY BANNED PERMANENTLY.
  • The ONLY way to reverse this is to make good on your commitment and then both seller and buyer contact me to lift the ban.
  • Anyone banned and reinstated for failing to deliver/pay for goods will not be allowed back into the Corner Store.
  • "Reasonable time" means not more than 15 days after a deal has been reached, unless the parties involved have made prior arrangements.
  • The minimum number of posts required to view the Corner Store is 15.
  • Lastly, no *bump* posts. This is frowned upon and we look at it in the same light as 'free post'. DO NOT DO IT!

These rules were not meant to be all-inclusive, however with the amount of time spent trying to work them out, these are the best set of rules that we felt should be documented and made readily available for the members and to provide a point of reference for the staff in case they are approached with any questions.

The rules for the Corner Store are always up for review and revision as necessary.

To clarify a few things regarding advertising: when the board was first created, we did not seek sponsorships of any kind. As the board grew, it became necessary to seek out and secure sponsors for the site in order to help growth of the site and to maintain/upgrade the server on which it sat. Any additional funds were used to acquire site items that were made available for sale and to help provide funding for meets the site would help sponsor or sponsor entirely.

We have done our best to remain outside of the vendor/customer relationship. We have never tried to push any sort of vendor or product to our membership, as it has often been alluded to in the past, we have taken this stance so that we would not be perceived as 'playing favorites. We think it has worked well and our members have been able to speak their minds freely, however as with most sites, there have been some members who have taken this to the extreme and felt that they were entitled to do so.

As a result, this means that we will continue to implement a policy on non-sponsor advertisements and general spam. We will not hinder discussion of competing websites or their products as long as it is relevant to the discussion at hand, however general spamming or promotion of competing sites or of non-sponsored vendors or products cannot be allowed. To allow this would do a disservice to the vendors/sponsors who have given their time and resources to help make this site available to everyone.

An example of a relevant discussion would be regarding throttle bodies, intake manifolds, or suspension items. Yes, it would be okay to mention who manufactured the item and what the benefits of the product would be vs. another manufacturer's product. It would NOT be okay to mention where to purchase them if they are NOT an Authorized PT Vendor or site sponsor.

Another example would be using the private messaging system to circumvent the advertising rules. A last example are signature links. Only Authorized PT Vendors are allowed to have links to their website or to any other Vendor site. There are NO exceptions. Any violator may or may not be warned if they are in violation.

A final example would be lurking through the For Sale forum for potential customers if you are someone who is operating a salvage business. By salvage business, we mean that you are a person or agent of a company who deals in the salvage parts trade. This could mean someone who frequents the local salvage yards, picks up whatever parts are available, then comes onto the board looking to sell them. This is a means of using a free service to promote your business and that is considered unauthorized advertising.

We ask for your understanding in our need to take these steps for the betterment of our community. These changes should not affect most of the membership, except in a good way. If you've had a good experience with a sponsor, by all means, let others know; if your experience wasn't so good, we ask that you let others know of this as well. This is what the feedback system is for and we encourage everyone to use it.

Our operating procedures will always be independent of any vendor or product and we will always listen to suggestions that any member might have.
See more
See less

looking for a PGT in the DFW NE Texas area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a PGT in the DFW NE Texas area

Must be a manual , top money for good condition..if anyone knows of one, PM me please. I am searching craigslist but coming up empty, can travel to pick up
    excuse typos,
    thanks,
    semper fi,
    shawn

Check the advert a few below yours. Could be a nice drive from eastern Canada to Texas. A friend of mine did it in reverse some years ago when purchasing a car there.

Bruce
    1993 Ford Probe GT

Comment

i am leary bout buying a used car and driving it home cross country
      excuse typos,
      thanks,
      semper fi,
      shawn

Comment

ROAD TRIP!

I have a few in SW WA
        I've Been Probed.

Comment

Originally posted by golddot View Post
          i am leary bout buying a used car and driving it home cross country
          If you are leary about the car -then you are buying the wrong car. If you are willing to pay top dollar -then pay top dollar for a one that someone will stand behind and then make the road trip. I drove over 1000 miles to pick up one of mine and I had every bit of faith -in it making the trip.

I got to know the previous owner through communication and talked a lot about the car. He wanted to find a good home for it. After several communications -I asked him "would you travel 1000 miles and drive this car back home yourself?" I know that people can lie -but after a few communications with him -I started feeling that he was genuine.

The car made it back here to Birmingham without a single hiccup. I fell in love with the car on the way home. It was a fun drive!
          Success is a measure of determination!
          Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
          $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
          Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
          Restoration of a legend

Comment

Originally posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
            If you are leary about the car -then you are buying the wrong car. If you are willing to pay top dollar -then pay top dollar for a one that someone will stand behind and then make the road trip. I drove over 1000 miles to pick up one of mine and I had every bit of faith -in it making the trip.

I got to know the previous owner through communication and talked a lot about the car. He wanted to find a good home for it. After several communications -I asked him "would you travel 1000 miles and drive this car back home yourself?" I know that people can lie -but after a few communications with him -I started feeling that he was genuine.

The car made it back here to Birmingham without a single hiccup. I fell in love with the car on the way home. It was a fun drive!

Glad you found an honest sale, glad you found a solid car..not so lucky round here, it is not a far fetch to say that someone can/would sell you a lemon w/o your knowledge and if your 1000 miles from home, out of state and know no one...thats not a good place to be on a used 20 yr old car ...im almost 50 and have a lot of car experience , but to say you can "listen" or see a car and predict when something will fail is a little far fetched..
            excuse typos,
            thanks,
            semper fi,
            shawn

Comment

I have no doubt mine would do the trip easily. At any rate, life without taking a few chances isn't worth living. I grew up with unreliable British and Italian motorbikes,(and some pretty sketchy cars now that I think about it) took them on long trips and always made it back home.

Bruce

Bruce
              1993 Ford Probe GT

Comment

Originally posted by golddot View Post
                Glad you found an honest sale, glad you found a solid car..not so lucky round here, it is not a far fetch to say that someone can/would sell you a lemon w/o your knowledge and if your 1000 miles from home, out of state and know no one...thats not a good place to be on a used 20 yr old car ...im almost 50 and have a lot of car experience , but to say you can "listen" or see a car and predict when something will fail is a little far fetched..
                I am 55 and I don't mind taking a chance on something that I really want. If you don't ever take any small risks in life to make gains -what is the point of it all then?

Take the small risk and enjoy the vacation drive! I did it many times over -and at often very high risks while in the military. But I had a lot of fun doing it. I drove a very long way from Anchorage, AK in a truck with bad oil pressure -and during the winter with my wife and kids. Cold weather, thick oil (30 wt Rotella) and never letting the RPM drop below 1500 RPM kept her going.

To keep us warm when we rested (semi-sleep) at stopping points -I had to keep the RPMs up above 1500 RPM or the oil pressure would drop off. Imagine doing that while trying to get a little sleep. It wasn't easy! But we made it!
                Last edited by KLZE Porsche; March 21, 2017, 10:58 AM.
                Success is a measure of determination!
                Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
                $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
                Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
                Restoration of a legend

Comment

Working...
                X