no oil pressure reading at gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no oil pressure reading at gauge

I finally got my turbo system set up like I want it and I'm confident in it now. But once I had it all connected up and fired up the car, my oil pressure gauge needle didn't move. I have a '94 PGT so it is not the "on/off" kind, but rather the kind that is supposed to tell you the actual pressure. I have run the car boosted a few times before this latest overhaul, so I am fairly certain the oil pressure problem is unrelated to the turbo system. I checked to make sure I really do have oil pressure and like I thought, I do have pressure. It just isn't showing on the gauge. I checked the wiring clip for the oil pressure sending unit, and even used another wire to attach to the sending unit to ensure that the clip wasn't the problem. Then I replaced the sending unit with one from a salvage yard (no guarantee it is good, but it most likely is fine). Still no oil pressure reading on the gauge. Any ideas from anyone? Is it common for the actual stock gauge to go bad?

its not too common for that to happen, but yeah it happens. This is the good time to go and get a Autometer electrical oil pressure guage, then you will always know your numeric oil pressure, which is also a great idea since you are turbo'ed
    1996 Boysenberry Probe GT MTXtreme
    2014 Fusion SE MTXtreme
    2005 Mountaineer Premier

Comment

hmm..

i would be worried,

i would definitly get a autometer guage to check

Comment

I'm glad you guys think so too. Before I had a chance to check PT for replies, I had already picked out the Autometer gauge I want. It seems like the best solution. It's fairly cheap (at around $60) compared to the time and expense of trying to get the stock system working. And like you say, it will be more accurate.

Comment

Working...
        X