No announcement yet.

megasquirt - post your tables/msq here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wait a second...are you going to be boosting? If not, I don't see why you would need the milli 's' injectors in the first place, buddy. Unless, of course, you're thinking about future "upgrades" here and there ;-) I guess it can't hurt. Just my theory is: if it aint broke, don't fix it!
    1995 Ford Probe GT, black - Garrett GT3076-R @ 11.2psi. ~321ish whp/303ish wtq @ 19-20○ ignition, DIYPNP MS2/extra, etc. -parted & junked
    1995 Ford Probe GT, black - MS3-Pro Ultimate, bone stock-ish, daily driver)

Comment

• Yes, boost was the whole point of MS so many years ago. I can't even recall how long my car has been squirted.

I ran the BB for the Diamond Pistons years ago and we all know how they screwed most of us. Had it not been for Jordan and Madarati, my motor would have suffered the same fate. I waited so long to run the built motor, those guys (and others I've forgotten) alerted me to the issues with the rings. We should have been given a SS top ring and all rings were undersized. Rings cost me almost as much as the pistons after several attempts at the correct top and 2nd rings. It's been so long since I've posted, I wonder if I'm the only one successfully running the pistons... 208 - 210 across the board after more than a year.

Sorry for the rant... that's why I waited so long for boost. Milli-s injectors have been sitting here with the hot-pipes and the plumbing for oil supply/return. I'd rather tune the injectors n/a and then boost.

It's a hobby car now since I'm pushing 40... don't spend much time on it anymore. I would like to solve this fueling issue though.
      DE/ZE Hybrid 189 WHP 165 WTQ <--- SPUN #6
      Motor #3 184 WHP 159 WTQ pulled from junkyard... DE PISTONS/HEADS 125,000 miles
      BACK TO MOTOR #1 REBUILT, NO NUMBERS YET

Comment

• totally hear, ya bro. So many people got screwed on pt...not even that scenario, many many scenarios. But I know that eventually you'll get her boosted and have lots of fun with it!
        Keep in mind: Sergio's advice as far as "simultaneous/ 2 squirts per cycle" thing. It actually seems to run MUCH smoother. keep us updated, bro. Soon I will post my latest boost tables.
        1995 Ford Probe GT, black - Garrett GT3076-R @ 11.2psi. ~321ish whp/303ish wtq @ 19-20○ ignition, DIYPNP MS2/extra, etc. -parted & junked

Comment

• strange ... I can only get my car to idle with Alternating 2 squirts/cycle @3.0ms
          sim 2 squirts/cycle @1.5ms was unstable @ the same afr
          E85>KLZE MX-6 T3 Turbo, 1016cc/min injectors, Water to Air IC, 9lbs SPEC flywheel, Synapse 40mm wastegate, FuelLab AFPR, ACT 6puck sprung clutch, NGK AFX POWERDEX, Walbro 255 FP, Decat, No BOV, IAT MOD, King6 Poly Engine mountsMS 100% PNP from StratifiedAuto + J&S Safeguard Interceptor, rolling on 235-7x17" http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...0_811905_n.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by sleepinglh View Post
            strange ... I can only get my car to idle with Alternating 2 squirts/cycle @3.0ms
            yup, simultaneous w/2 squirts per cycle takes the alternating value and divides it by two. It's weird, but it seems to run a bit better on my car... <<<this plus upping my idle ignition advance to about *18 and it runs quite decently, actually. But your VE Tables will most likely have to be re-tuned a bit.

Comment

strange ... I can only get my car to idle with Alternating 2 squirts/cycle @3.0ms
              You have massive injectors, what kind of power are you making to require 6 x 1000cc injectors?? Sim/2 will work well up to Milly S injectors.

Comment

• Originally posted by mac1 View Post
                my bad..............updating. YOu notice one person who's not in this thread? Westpalm, what a
                sorry man I havent been on PT for some time now. Iv been out of the game for 3 yrs.

Originally posted by sleepinglh View Post
                hehe ye but the thing is even if he were here this won't get anywhere.
                I ask for advice and his old tune but told me Shaodome took care of everything.
                But I was never able to get in touch with him PM or powersquirt EMAIL.
                Even if i had my MS still I wouldnt know how to get anything off it. I never touched the MS system. I had it installed by Shaodome and tuned by him. I never even knew what it looked like for 2 yrs when I had it. Im sorry I cant help I realy wish I could. You wouldnt want my tune anyway. It was set up for 16lbs and my fuel maps. Look what happen to my car. Not saying the tune was bad im sayig its too much power for a stock block.
                The come back kid
                96 Ford Probe Turboed 12.202 @ 118.74 R.I.P
                97 Mx-6 all motor 13.7 @ 98 parted out
                88 Mx-6 Turbo Classic 14.5@93 SOLD
                93 323 hatchV6 turbo! To be announced

Comment

• i recant my previous injector opening time!

Originally posted by Sergio View Post
                  Everyone needs to run their injectors in "simultaneous double fire" - anything else is idle suicide on a V6 with MS1 or 2. Don't just bandaid the problem by running rich - the very first EFI systems back in the day (before sequential) used this and were able to idle at stoich!

Set injector staging to simultaneous and 2 injection events per engine cycle.

Also set a proper injector opening time - note that this should really be labeled injector dead time because it is really t = injector open - injector close. If you have Milly S injectors, put in 0.78ms.

Now you can idle at 16:1 AFR if you so choose.

Verify ignition timing with a light and the engine will like anything between 10-14, with a slight preference to the higher end of the scale.
                  Sergio, my man, you might be on to something! I recently adjusted opening time to .78ms and the car seems to like it alot, along with SDF of course. Even VE Analyze Live! Seemed to be tuning my maps better. Before, with 1.000ms opening times, at cruise it was in the high 13's. Now it leans it out respectively to my AFR table values. Great find, bro. All I have left to do now is re-confirm my timing on my wasted spark ignition :-)

Might have been the reason I was averaging 12-13MPG before!
                  Thanks bud.
                  ~Dan
                  Last edited by yellow2point0; January 30, 2012, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• since nobody has posted a map recently i thought id try to get the thread back on track with my latest. its still incomplete but takes into account the maximum ignition advance from many posts on here and from my own feel. currently running 91 octane and it seems fine, car is a lot more responsive but thats to be expected with pretty radical timing changes.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...latesttune.jpg
                    Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
                    Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
                    Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

• Your ignition map looks like where mine is headed. I've noticed that as I increase timing down low in the map, the motor seems to have a more open feel while light on the throttle. Noticed this today running in fourth and fifth gear at about 45 - 60 mph.

How does your off-throttle/over-run part of the map feel? Seems no matter what I do, that part of the table causes rich conditions on decel while tuning. Yes, over-run takes care of it when on (not tuning) but I wonder if I'm adding fuel on decel and don't realize it. If I take enough fuel out to run 14's on decel, it's super lean when lightly on the throttle in the same cells. I've wondered if more timing would help and then figure out the fuel.

I'm thinking that getting that portion of the map to give afr's in the 15 range, it would make the transition into (and out of) over-run smoother.

I posted my maps here...

http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701306751

Comment

• since the changes there's been a decent improvement in light throttle acceleration, not surprising considering ive advanced some points about 8deg. the cars still pretty slow and needs a lot more tweaking, ive been looking at doing the timing then worrying about the fuel later this time so we will see how it goes. off throttle is great, runs full lean on the wideband, make sure you set your decel fueling to 90% or a little less. i should also say on/off throttle response is better then it was with the stock ecu (still not what i would call perfect) but better none the less.

i think i still need to advance my low rpm timing even more but i think a lot of people are not putting in enough timing at full throttle (i can probably go more but i dont have a knock sensor). havent got time to read the other thread yet, ill read it and get back to you on it!
                        Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
                        Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
                        Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

• My E85 tune on a stock 10:1 KLZE max 160KPA (datalogged)

Last Sunday @ 6:15am I took my car out for a minor tune and met up with a R34 GTS with a big FMIC, head to my tail at a red light.
                          I drove normally up to 25kph and suddenly he changed 2 lanes and started to pull which what I was expecting.
                          Bamp 1st gear up to 7k rpm with plenty of torques steer > 2nd > 6.5kRPM > 3rd gear for a brief pull and let off.
                          pulled 3 car lengths.
                          Only 4/5throttle every gear except 1st due to bad torque steer.
                          If I go WOT hitting the curb would be inevitible.

All that timing you see there shows no detonation on my J&S gauge.
                          Last edited by sleepinglh; February 6, 2012, 04:19 AM.
                          E85>KLZE MX-6 T3 Turbo, 1016cc/min injectors, Water to Air IC, 9lbs SPEC flywheel, Synapse 40mm wastegate, FuelLab AFPR, ACT 6puck sprung clutch, NGK AFX POWERDEX, Walbro 255 FP, Decat, No BOV, IAT MOD, King6 Poly Engine mountsMS 100% PNP from StratifiedAuto + J&S Safeguard Interceptor, rolling on 235-7x17" http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...0_811905_n.jpg

Comment

• i want E85.
                            MX-6 DE-T // Parting out...

Comment

My E85 tune on a stock 10:1 KLZE max 160KPA (datalogged)

All that timing you see there shows no detonation on my J&S gauge.
                              Would you attribute your lower timing table to E85 or should these values hold for regular gasoline?

Comment

• The above is for E85, My 98ron octane map was 22*@160kpa with slight detonation.
                                J&S detected detonation during free reving with very very mild timing on 98 octane.
                                I couldn't be happier switching to E85.
                                The detonation gauge is more like a decoration now. Of course unless something really bad happens or accidently put wrong fuel in.
                                Last edited by sleepinglh; February 6, 2012, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X