Tail light conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tail light conversion

I was wondering if anyone knows if I can convert my tail. lights that I have now (1994 PGT w/ the license plate in center and lined backup lense) to the tail light with the center "GT" section, solid backup lense, and license plate down low, all without a bumper conversion (so leave my license plate in the center and not using the "GT" center piece. Please let me now if anyone has done this or knows if it can be done. If you have done it successfully, please send pics so I know what it looks like. Thanks!

What it sounds like you are wanting is the 95-97 SE look. To answer your question you can swap out to any tail lights you please and they are a direct fit. You may need the tail light wiring harness when swapping lights though. I can't remember if the harness is the same between the 93-94 to the 95-97 tail lights or not. I know the EU and UK Spec use a different harness. I will try to remember to look at the collection of tails that i have and see if the harness is the same or not. Maybe somebody else will chime in before then.
    1993 Probe GT
    2003 Bagged Chevy S10

Comment

Here is a 97 Base/SE tail light pic.
      1993 Probe GT
      2003 Bagged Chevy S10

Comment

There is an additional bulb in the newer lights, so you'll need the harness.
        Probe out for Harambe
        94 PGT KLZE http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...psr6dk8q1m.jpg
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aauXMeITcdM

Comment

I'm not sure if i understand what you wanna do, but i can tell you from my own experience: I had and still have it now but i keep it for spare parts , a 94 Probe ( EU version ) with the Gt deflector between the tails. I change the rear bumper to a 93 GT USA one and i remove the rear deflector and install the license plate between the tails.

What i had to do with a help of a friend of mine, was to wiring the harness from the tails to the license plate .

Comment

Working...
          X