Probeaddiction scam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probeaddiction scam?

I bought a set of PA h4 conversions on 6 sept of this year. It took over a month to ship out and another 2 weeks for it to arrive. I had a cracked lense and couldnt wait any longer. I bought a set of lights form rallylights and they arrived in 2 weeks, BEFORE my PA ones. When the PA ones arrived, I had them returned to sender, never opened them, never accepted them at the post office. After a couple weeks, I called to inquire about wether or not my returned items had been recieved, i got an email back saying yes they had arrived the day before. I then asked for my refund by email, never got a response, called 5 times left 2 messages. Never got a call back. Emailed again, finally got a reply saying I never bothered calling them and its my fault for the poor communication. They claimed they called me and left a message?? Ok never recived one?

"We can refund the order minus shipping charges paid and restocking fee no problem" is what they replied with. Well it is november and im still waiting.

Lets put these guys out of business because enough of us have dealt with their terrible service. Im out 60 us for these lights that I dont have, Im just trying to inform ppl about the troubles of PA so this dosent happen to anyone else.

Background info.

Sep. 6, 2006 Payment To Probe Addiction Completed

Payment Details

Total Amount: $59.99 USD
    Currency: U.S. Dollars
    Transaction ID: 87690448D26133301
    Quantity: 1
    Item/Product Name: 93-97 Ford Probe H4 Headlight Conversions Shipped in the US
    Item/Product Number: XTC-H4C

USPS tracking number: CP03 9851 423U S
    "MY FAST LIKES THE WINDOWS DOWN!"

sounds all too familiar, my father is going thru the same crap with these guys and now i'm caught in the middle of it too. i can't beleive people continue to praise these guys, they have the worst customer service i've EVER dealt with, i don't think they even know what the word communication means
    2004 Subaru WRX - wagon mafia style

Comment

Originally posted by Jay
      sounds all too familiar, my father is going thru the same crap with these guys and now i'm caught in the middle of it too. i can't beleive people continue to praise these guys, they have the worst customer service i've EVER dealt with, i don't think they even know what the word communication means
      sorry to hear you too made the poor descision of buying from ProbeAddiction. Never again.

Comment

I have over 5-6 thousands of probe addiction stuff with no negative outlash. Sure shipping takes awhile for out of stock goods. But instead of bitching about it in here. Contact kenny direct at his office number or on aim (Audioxtc).

You are crying over $60.
        I will call kenny and get it straighten out, but word to the wise.
        If PA ever closed down the probe aftermarket would be solely ebay and 75% of the shit he has you will never find.
        Yay lets bash the only vendor who supplies us with almost everything. I waited over 4 months for my bodykit, you dont see me crying about it!

Sure they are so swamped that their communications is NOT up to par, but they have never ever jerked anyone out of their money. Unlike PT members and ex vendors! If anyone has an issue with PA, contact me before you whine & bitch and I will attempt to resolve it for you!
        Last edited by CrimSon_ReD; November 9, 2006, 10:10 PM.
        Artist, Writer, Photographer, Video Producer, Daddy!

Official Facebook page for Me, Myself and I

Comment

Yea sure man, agree. Yea to probeaddiction for making parts for our cars...seriously...good for them. But that DOES NOT excuse really bad customer service. It is not hard to return phone calls, it is not hard to tell people stuff is not in stock AND/OR hire someone if you are so busy or suck at doing it.

I mean they NEVER have a problem accepting your money. If they don't have it in stock...deny the payment, and contact the buyer...pretty simple. If you take someone's money...ship the product when you say you will. If you can't, well refund their money and tell them when you have it in stock you will contact them and would appreciate their business again.

Bottom line...their bad customer service really hurts their bottom line. People need to stop making excuses for bad customer service. If you can give me a valid reason for it, then by all means prove me wrong. In the meantime, I won't be nice to a company just because they "kindly" make parts for a Probe.

Originally posted by CrimSon_ReD
          I have over 5-6 thousands of probe addiction stuff with no negative outlash. Sure shipping takes awhile for out of stock goods. But instead of bitching about it in here. Contact kenny direct at his office number or on aim (Audioxtc).

You are crying over $60.
          If PA ever closed down the probe aftermarket would be solely ebay and 75% of the shit he has you will never find.
          Yay lets bash the only vendor who supplies us with almost everything. I waited over 4 months for my bodykit, you dont see me crying about it!

Sure they are so swamped that their communications is NOT up to par, but they have never ever jerked anyone out of their money. Unlike PT members and ex vendors! If anyone has an issue with PA, contact me before you whine & bitch and I will attempt to resolve it for you!
          Now living in REALLY Sunny Arizona and sweating a lot but still loving it...AZPOC Rules!!

Comment

Well he will make his money regardless if you or not. You arent hurting him. There are alot of us who still do business with him on a large scale. If you dont want to deal with him, go to ebay and buy cheap quality crap.

I agree Kenny needs to step it up a notch! Trust me I have waited a long time for packages. But once you know him personally, and know he wont jerk you. The waiting is nothing, because when you get your stuff its A+ goods!
            Artist, Writer, Photographer, Video Producer, Daddy!

Official Facebook page for Me, Myself and I

Comment

Ok instead of spurting your mouth, why dont u take time to read the post and understand the problem first. 1) It was not out of stock. 2) I have contacted him many times with no asnwers.

You are crying over $60.
              Totally beyond the point. Its about the principle. A customer shoudlnt have to jump through a set of hoops to recieve proper service. It seems like you are in bed wih him or something because you keep trying to defend what is poor business practice.

Well he will make his money regardless if you or not. You arent hurting him. There are alot of us who still do business with him on a large scale. If you dont want to deal with him, go to ebay and buy cheap quality crap.

You obviously have no business training and have no concept of how to run a sucessful business in a free market society and dont go telling me what is right and wrong about business practice. I have a Bcomm and am finishing an MBA and I am half your age. You speak as if you are a teenager, have some more respect for others on the board and try to grasp a touch of class. I love probes like everyone on here but I would want to be driving a car that is a bit higher end one at your age. Perhaps its a reflection on your unprofessional attitude and your low expectations in regards to business etiquette. There is something you learn in University called "business eithics" and "corporate responsibility". These are vital ingredients to the sucess of any business regardless of wether they hold a monopoly or not. You sound like a total fool defending a guy who, while probably is a great guy, needs to sstep back and really question wether or not the service he delivers is up to any sort of standard. If it is not then maybe he should shut down. I could care less. My products did arrive as i said, shipping time was not that big of a deal EXCEPT my lights were broken and i NEEDED new ones ASAP. Kenny couldnt satisfy my needs so i went elsewhere knowing full well that he had a return policy. He choose not to live up to that policy EVEN thought the goods were returned in the condition they were recieved. If you would have read my post to begin with you would have understood that shipping time was not my issue, my refund was. It is theft at this point and im sorry 5 dollars or 200 dollars, it is inexcusable in my book.

Comment

PS has some bad communication but great products and quality. he should integrate a simple stock/supply system so customers know how long the wait will be....

i personally have hung out with kenny and he is a good guy, you have to remember there are only a few people working for him, and ontop of selling stuff to us he builds AMAZING custom cars on an everyday basis....hes a busy guy. I order from him when I am not in a rush and need a GOOD product!

Comment

Damn this guy is pissed. hes bitchin out Crimson!
                  2005 Acura TSX
                  2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
                  2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR

Comment

this is why I never would buy anything from these guys. Almost everyone has a problem damn take 5 min run to the damn post office and mail the guy some lights or something sheesh.

Comment

were they even in stock??

he says on his website to contact them before every order to make sure the stuff you want is in stock
                      Last edited by polarexpress17; November 10, 2006, 07:46 AM.
                      95 mx6 with a 4 lug swap
                      Built, Not Bought.
                      No, my username is Not from that stupid movie.

Comment

i just have a question. I'm not taking sides at all, but i can tell you i won't order anything from them. Not when they sell the same things as other places, for twice the amount of money. I.E. headers, and body kits

i mean it's gonna need work reguardless i mean, there's no promise it's comming from a different mold then the ebay kits.

i'm sorry for you bad dealings and everyone else. But another word from the wise, don't argue and go against crimson. calling out mods is not a smart move
                        93 ZE, looking to charge it

Comment

ok see but heres the problem. crimson obviously has a good relationship with these guys. so OF COURSE they are going to take care of him. and in turn OF COURSE he is going to back them up. how a bout some UN biased opinions in here?

the same shit went on on www.3si.org a few yrs back, a vendor sucked off the mods and they let him do whatever he wanted, taking 10's of thousands of dollars of peoples money in the process. whenever someone had a problem and posted about it, it either got locked/deleted or all the mods jumped on the original poster and made HIM out to be the bad guy instead. i'm not saying that this is anywhere near that proportion right now, but i can't help but think about it in the back of my mind.

the bottom line is probeaddiction does not know how to communicate with a customer. yes, i understand, they are busy. yes, i understand they have alot of parts made that they don't just buy and resell. thats all fine and dandy, but YOU CANNOT leave the customer hanging. all it takes is a simple email, a phone call, just to give an update. anything. when your card is already charged, and you have no parts/ no update, thats not ok. (another thing i've never understood about them, common practice is to not charge someone until the item is ready for shipment). and if they are too busy to do that, then they need to hire someone else to take care of it. why is this so hard for people to understand?
                          2004 Subaru WRX - wagon mafia style

Comment

Man if you really believe "I" am not hurting him you are very mistaken. How can you say someone involved in the probe community, not willing to buy his product is not hurting him. No I don't think either way my purchases will make or break him. I am endemic of a MUCH larger feeling. Bottom line is when I don't buy from him it is less money is his pocket. That always hurts. The questions is not if, but how much.

It is this specific attitude that I think really hurts the Probe community. Lets only support the "big" players...they are all that matters. This attitude is what stops a company from being middle of the road, to being a real success. Maybe today it is a pair of headlights...but tomorrow..who knows, body kit, engine, full custom car. It is also about developing relationships. If you don't see that, I really won't even bother trying anymore.

Well he will make his money regardless if you or not.
                            Now living in REALLY Sunny Arizona and sweating a lot but still loving it...AZPOC Rules!!

Comment

kenny's main problem is he is expanding too fast for his relatively small company. he's dipping into other cars now and some big name money and he doesn't have time for all of his customers, so he first deals with the ones who spend the most money.

kenny is a great guy and a quality vendor and for a long time was the biggest name in probes and a guy who offered many parts you could ONLY get from him, but that era has come to an end.

Kenny, just do us all the favor and tell us what we know is coming: the Probe community and market has been dying quickly over the past three years, and it took a near freefall this year; you're going to drop the Probe division of your company. Just sell out your stock and end it on a good note, who knows when you may meet us with other cars in the future.

I know this market isn't worth your time anymore, I don't hold that against you, you can't control that. But this terrible customer service as of late is going to come back to haunt you.

Comment

Working...
                              X