AC stuck on defrost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC stuck on defrost

My 89 ford probe gt has the electronically controlled ac system. The other day i went to turn my ac on but it was stuck on the defroster. i went through all the functions and nothing, it stayed on the defroster. im not too sure what is going on with it, but i think the function door actuator might be going bad. Let me know what you guys think.

Originally posted by ahurt_11 View Post
    My 89 ford probe gt has the electronically controlled ac system. The other day i went to turn my ac on but it was stuck on the defroster. i went through all the functions and nothing, it stayed on the defroster. im not too sure what is going on with it, but i think the function door actuator might be going bad. Let me know what you guys think.
    I'm not sure if this would work on a first gen, but on the second gen's this is commonly caused by a vacuum line being disconnected in the engine bay.

We have a black box between the strut and firewall on the pass side and a vacuum line that goes to that box gets left off (or breaks) and causes the exact same problem. On second gens, all you need to do is connect that left off vac line to the IM and your set.
    '94 Red PGT Gone, but Project PGT has begun
    '04 Black SRT-4 Um, no it's not stock. But "It's just a Neon, right?" 379whp @ 20lbs *Sold*

Comment

Originally posted by Greg 94 PGT View Post
      I'm not sure if this would work on a first gen, but on the second gen's this is commonly caused by a vacuum line being disconnected in the engine bay.

We have a black box between the strut and firewall on the pass side and a vacuum line that goes to that box gets left off (or breaks) and causes the exact same problem. On second gens, all you need to do is connect that left off vac line to the IM and your set.
      That wont work on a 1g with an ehvac unit.

Comment

Originally posted by 6hungryhippos View Post
        That wont work on a 1g with an ehvac unit.
        Okay, figured it was worth a shot
        '94 Red PGT Gone, but Project PGT has begun
        '04 Black SRT-4 Um, no it's not stock. But "It's just a Neon, right?" 379whp @ 20lbs *Sold*

Comment

Working...
        X