Advertise with ProbeTalk - click here to find out how!

ProbeTalk.com Forums

Go Back   ProbeTalk.com Forums > Performance Section > 2nd Gen (93-97) V6 2.5L Performance

2nd Gen (93-97) V6 2.5L Performance Discussion of Performance topics for V6 2.5L

Old November 19th, 2009, 11:28 PM   #151
Bob_760 94PGT

I'm assuming you're trying to use a KL47 map sensor and honestly I wouldn't bother... You won't get rid of the P0105 code only the P1195 and I personally have no idea if using the KL47 map sensor actually correctly replicates even that half of the correct map sensor, all I know is it eliminates the P1195 code, then again so does the PGT map sensor neither is the correct sensor. If you really want to all you need to do is swap these two wires.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...0/MAPwires.jpg

P.S. If you do find a 96 MAP sensor make sure to get the wiring pigtail also.

'94 Probe GT-ZE Black - Megasquirt Fidenza/CM-IIR UDP K&N/HD CAI Hotshot Headers Testpipe Borla KVR Cross Drilled Brakes 12" Front Rotors K-Sports E-Spec Lighting
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'96 Probe GT White - K&N WAI '94 Non Precat Manifolds/Y-Pipe Borla Cat-Back KVR Brakes TEIN S-Techs/Tokico Illuminas
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'02 Miata LS Green - K&N Panel Air Filter
Bob_760 94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 12:09 PM   #152
WhiteDart
POC Mod

Im not so much concerned about the codes this time around, but more about the functionality of the setup. The KL-47 map sensor just plugged straight in results in a no-start condition for me so thats why I wanted to check on the wiring. Its did come from a 96 though. Im very interested in experimenting with the PGT and Millie map sensors in conjunction with the MAF to see how different vacuums and pressures effect the air fuel ratios. Like I said before, I, and im sure many other, are interested in how this setup will react to boost.

I happen to have my vid camera with me today and I can get some good footage of the wideband under different RPM/load conditions on my way home if anyone is interested.

Gone but not forgotten:
(
) Its not purple dammit! Its
BOYSENBERRY!
New project
Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.
WhiteDart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 09:46 PM   #153
(M-edition)
Supercharged Member

i know air fuel ratio gauges arent accurate to most people. but its out of wack now. at first it was fine. but now its going crazy. im on the hunt for a 96 MAP sensor and pig tail
Old November 20th, 2009, 11:31 PM   #154
Bob_760 94PGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDart View Post
The KL-47 map sensor just plugged straight in results in a no-start condition for me so thats why I wanted to check on the wiring. Its did come from a 96 though.
If you swap the first two wires it will start/run but it is not the correct sensor. It could be a 95 or 97-03 Millenia L sensor but the 96 came with a 4 wire JEA7 map sensor which has an additional output to the ECU.

My Setup
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...0/PA160165.jpg
The Correct Map Sensor
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...0/PA160169.jpg

'94 Probe GT-ZE Black - Megasquirt Fidenza/CM-IIR UDP K&N/HD CAI Hotshot Headers Testpipe Borla KVR Cross Drilled Brakes 12" Front Rotors K-Sports E-Spec Lighting

'96 Probe GT White - K&N WAI '94 Non Precat Manifolds/Y-Pipe Borla Cat-Back KVR Brakes TEIN S-Techs/Tokico Illuminas

Last edited by Bob_760 94PGT; November 20th, 2009 at 11:34 PM.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 03:01 PM   #155
(M-edition)
Supercharged Member

hwy guya, i checked out the 95 millenia in my junk yard. i pulled the ecu. it will not work on the obd-1 or obd-2. its an obd-2 for sure. it has a map sensor like our 96 mx6/probe. the problem with the ecu is, its got 4 connectors like the obd-2, but they are skinnier, so our clips wont clip in.
Old November 22nd, 2009, 07:55 PM   #156
WhiteDart
POC Mod

Hmm, must have really been an option like mentioned earlier.

I wont be able to do any testing for a few more days yet. Gotta swap a motor in a Ranger. :/

Gone but not forgotten:
(
BOYSENBERRY!
New project
Daily When I go for a drive, I leave life behind. Friends, work, everything. Its just me, the car, and a twisty road. The exhilaration of being on the edge of catastrophe is something that I will never be able to give up.
Old December 13th, 2009, 05:13 PM   #157
(M-edition)
Supercharged Member

hey guys, do any of you have a redline at 6500 rpms?
Old December 14th, 2009, 12:38 AM   #158
Bob_760 94PGT

Not I. I can use shift hold to take it to 8000 on the cluster otherwise it shifts at ~7200 on the cluster.

Old December 14th, 2009, 10:30 AM   #159
(M-edition)
Supercharged Member

bah nvm, i changed out the TPS and it went to 7500 no prob. i just have a really bad idle right now
Old March 31st, 2010, 11:37 AM   #160
WhiteDart
POC Mod

Probably picking this up again vary soon...

Gone but not forgotten:
(
BOYSENBERRY!
New project
Old April 12th, 2010, 02:34 AM   #161
WhiteDart
POC Mod

MAF is re-installed. ZE runs phenomenal with it and the AFRs look 10 times better than when on the stock ECU.
NOW, when I can come up an M62, I will be seeing how this system reacts to boost. The MAF is capable of reading the airflow in boost conditions because the exact same MAF is used in the Millie S. Its just a matter of whether the ECU has the ability to read that extra air flow. I would like to set it up similarly to the S setup, with the difference being that I will probably use dual throttle bodies to smooth power delivery to make it easier to drive under partial throttle. It will go Filter>MAF>secondary TB>supercharger>piping/bypass valve>original TB>IM. I still need to get my laptop to run my OBDII software so I can see whats going on at WOT.

For now I will be re-installing the VRIS since I have the IM for it until I boost.

Gone but not forgotten:
(
BOYSENBERRY!
New project
Old April 27th, 2010, 08:14 PM   #162
WhiteDart
POC Mod

Okay's, so after a few days of debating, im going to pull out my old shafted supercharger setup and run the SC14 with the Millie MAF at 5-6psi. I will install the MAF ahead of the supercharger to read the actual airflow entering the system. The bypass setup is going to be a closed system so it does not alter the intake readings to the ECU whether its venting or not. Step one will begin with just the Millie equipment and stock fuel system other than an AFPR and see how it reacts. If step one fails I have a 12:1 FMU I will toss in. If the previous steps fail, I will try a set of S injectors and a 255 pump as a last resort. If all that fails, the supercharger will simply be removed and the current MAF setup will remain.

My theory is this: Even if the ECU does not have the capability to see the extra airflow from boost conditions and cannot compensate with extra fuel on its own, an FMU could safely be used because I believe the MAF readings stay active regardless of throttle position, unlike the stock equipment, thus, the Millie ECU + MAF could possibly compensate for partial boost conditions.

Stay tuned!

Gone but not forgotten:
(
BOYSENBERRY!
New project
Old April 28th, 2010, 11:36 AM   #163
pgrm93pgt

this sounds cool but what are the gains off doing this?
pgrm93pgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2010, 04:15 AM   #164
lerutis

I've been readin through all the posts but i still cant be sure.

I've got a ECU from a -95 millenia, with the engine i also the the MAF.

The ECU will fit my OBD1 MX3, but can i use this rewire for the MAF and make it work?
lerutis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2010, 11:16 AM   #165
jasons96pgtze
Colt Cams BB Master

Sorry for bringing this up from the dead but i think its very interesting.. Has anyone used the millenia MAF setup for boost yet??????

1993 turbocharged pgt daily driver check it out here..

jasons96pgtze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2010, 03:26 PM   #166
WhiteDart
POC Mod

The 95 year millenia had a strange option (late 95?) to have an OBDII system and the plugs I have seen for it are different than any other ECU for the KL that I have seen.

As far as boosting on it goes, I am acquiring a turbo setup soon and in a few month I will begin testing on it.
I am running the maf setup every day on my PGT with a ZE and it has worked flawlessly.

Gone but not forgotten:
(
BOYSENBERRY!
New project
Old June 17th, 2010, 03:58 PM   #167
jasons96pgtze
Colt Cams BB Master

Great to know!!! Please keep us posted on this

1993 turbocharged pgt daily driver check it out here..

jasons96pgtze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2010, 10:40 PM   #168
WhiteDart
POC Mod

Will do. I wont forget about this thread. I've been coming back to it now and then when i find something new to contribute.

Gone but not forgotten:
(
BOYSENBERRY!
New project
Old July 6th, 2010, 10:03 PM   #169
WhiteDart
POC Mod

I found some decent OBDII software to monitor things and be able to datalog. I confirmed this evening that the MAF is NOT ignored at WOT like the stock VAF. This gives me much more hope for this with boost. I was flowing up to 18.2lb/min of air at 6100 rpms.
Speaking of boost, im just a few fittings and a fuel pump install away from installing the kit. Stay tuned...

Gone but not forgotten:
(
BOYSENBERRY!
New project
Old July 12th, 2010, 09:16 PM   #170
GTphase2

Can someone do a quick how to write up on the step by step process on a maf conversion. something i can print off and take out side an perform. also a parts list so i know what to get from the salvage yard. pics would also be great.

thanks.
Old August 15th, 2010, 09:15 PM   #171
WhiteDart
POC Mod

Bringing this back again. Copied and pasted from my POC forum.

Alrighty so I am finished for the night. The only two things I lack are extending the exhaust (have to get a piece of pipe in the morning) and a boost gauge. But I HAVE driven it around the block twice now.
The good:
Normal cruising sees normal AFRs
Spools FAST.
Partial boost AFRs are GREAT. High 12s at partial and full boost are low 12's. I have only taken the car to about 4500 rpm and wont go any more until I have a boost gauge.
The bad:
Shifts are kind funny due to the bypass venting to atmo.
Modded x-member is very low.

Keep in mind this is all with NO ENGINE MANAGEMENT OF ANY KIND! Not even an FMU. Only a Millienia MAF and ECU swap with a 255 Walbro and and Aeromotive AFPR with the reference line hooked up and pressure set to factory specs, and stock injectors. Ill report back tomorrow with more updates.

Pics:
Semi-finished engine bay. Ill get an updated pic tomorrow.
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...0815102022.jpg

Test fitting:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...0815101057.jpg

How she sits:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2...0815102039.jpg

Sorry about the broken links. Fixed now.

Gone but not forgotten:
(
BOYSENBERRY!
New project

Last edited by WhiteDart; August 15th, 2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old August 16th, 2010, 01:58 PM   #172
Bob_760 94PGT

Very nice! Maybe I'll have to start thinking about how to squeeze a clutched M62 into my ATX yet again...
How much boost are you running so far?

Old August 16th, 2010, 05:00 PM   #173
WhiteDart
POC Mod

5psi. I just got back from a trip to Sonic and I got some good video. Will be uploading after I feed my face.

Gone but not forgotten:
(
BOYSENBERRY!
New project
Old August 16th, 2010, 06:52 PM   #174
WhiteDart
POC Mod

Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHfmAcaSaB0

Gone but not forgotten:
(
BOYSENBERRY!
New project
Old September 19th, 2010, 07:52 PM   #175
mikexmayhem
Juiced Member

was a good write up ever done for the maf/ecu conversion. really interested in this but dont feel confident with my acquired info yet
mikexmayhem is offline   Reply With Quote