I need an B092 cooling fan relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need an B092 cooling fan relay

My A/C quite working last year and because of health problems I hadn't done anything about it. Then, the other day I noticed that the cooling fan hadn't come on when it should have. Out on the highway I wouldn't expect the fan to come on, but I live on a one lane road and have to drive 10-15 mph uphill, so in hot weather it often would come on. I noticed the coolant boiling over into the reservoir after I stopped, but the fan never came on.

I found this post: https://forums.probetalk.com/showthr...lated+problems

that seemed to be the same as my problem, but I replaced the two relays that they talked about and it didn't make any difference. When I tested them with a battery and an ohmmeter, they seemed to be ok, but I thought maybe under load they might behave differently.

Then, I tested the condensor fan relay (B092), which is a NO relay and could not get it to close, so that is what I am looking for.

I need either a B092, or the equivalent, if there is one. I notice that the diagram shows a diode in parallel with the energizing coil, so I don't want to use a generic NO relay, because I have read that the diode prevents voltage spikes which might cause damage.
    '89 Ford Probe LX, 2.2 nonturbo, 5 speed
    No wonder my car broke down; the mechanic put BREAK FLUID in it!

I couldn't find a B092, so I am planning to use an H270 and put a diode in parallel with the operating coil.

My problem now is that I can't get the condensor fan to work. The fan is ok, because I got it running when I put 12v across the connectors right by the fan. When I jumpered around the relay though, it didn't run, even through I had 12v at the relay connector. The circuit diagram that I have shows a GR/W wire going from the relay directly to the motor, but at the motor connector, the wire is GR, so there is a junction that is not shown on my diagram.

Does anyone know where the connection between the two is made?

I am planning to use some Scotchlok connectors to tap into the wires. Anyone have any experience with those?

Comment

i use multiple time Scotchlok on electrical installation and fully work each time and for many year when not exposed to water or salt
      Ford Focus RS 2018 red race
      Ford Escape XLT V6 2008
      Mazda Mx6 GT 1991
      Ford Focus RS 2017 nitrous blue (Dead in Fire)

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I will make sure that it is well taped, because there is bound to be some water come into the engine compartment.

Comment

Working...
        X