This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by runnitnow
    Let's see, never did I say that 2nd gens would run mid/14s so please learn to read.
    Here is what you wrote, son:
    I can believe a 2nd gen beat the RX8.
    If you believe a 2nd gen beat the Rx8, you'd believe 2nd Gen PGT's run mid/high 14s and trap about 95mph, because that's what it'd take.

2nd, the FD RX7 was known for poor reliability in general not "user-error". Where would your data be to support that car reliability would be due to user error?
    The job of finding data to support your ridiculous claims is yours. YOU made the claims, I called you on them. Now, if you can find REAL data to support your claim that the
    Rx7 was not reliable at all
    Please do so, or stfu.

Let's see I can pull up consumer reports, and many car articles. Maybe user error is driving the FD RX7 twin-turbo like a sports car? Oops I thought it was a sports car...
    It's about tuning. Stock rx7s are fairly reliable. When people TUNE them, however, or MOD them, problems happen.

Even the current RX8 has oil burning problems, enough so to make it's current owner (a personal friend) uncomfortable.
    I'm really sorry but if your friend owns an rx8 and thinks it has an 'oil burning problem' then your friend may be an automotive idiot. The car is DESIGNED to 'burn' a little oil. Search google for Rx8 Oil Metering Pump. See what you find out. Maybe you can free you and your friend of a bit of 'uncomfortability'.

Go defend the car if you want, matter of fact go buy it if you can afford the headaches of maintaining it.
    I'm not defending the car, per se, I'm defending Reality. Facts. And actually, I did buy one - more than 2 years ago. So far I've had ZERO headaches 'maintaining' the car because I'm not a fat lazy slob. Just a fat slob. I take the time to (gasp!) Check the oil level every-other-fuel-fill-up, and (double gasp!) add additional oil as required!

I think if you took the time to read this thread, it'd be QUITE clear I'm an RX8 owner. Now...WHO needs to learn to read?
    Originally posted by BigProbe
    Course - even IF a PGT were to beat my car...take your pick:
    Originally posted by shadome
    BP, any plans for boost in your RX8?

I dunno. I doubt it's worth it to me; don't want a project car.
    I love people like you
    THANKS! It's VERY nice to be loved. I REALLY hope you're a hot chick, over age 18 though. Otherwise, It'd be MY turn to feel uncomfortable.

that put down the posters of kill stories, yet you are the first one to read it out of boredom.
    Put down? Because I called for a dose of reality? Because I am a skeptic? Relax, sonny.
    Last edited by BigProbe; June 13, 2007, 03:04 PM.

Comment

To BigProbe

I'm leaving work but I'll gladly take the time to reply to you. Long story short, the poster claims he had a race against an RX8 and won. We weren't there so what is the point in nit-picking what car can beat what? You say you have an RX8 so you should be aware of the oil-burning problem.

I'm sure there are times when you have raced someone and you would have won had you not gotten a bad start. So I'm not going to put down the poster and tell him that what he says happened didn't even happen. Never did the poster say that he was at a drag strip and beat the RX8. I'm sure everyone here is watching your over-reaction to a post that is meant for everyones enjoyment.

P.S. not a female, i'm 27 and my age is clearly posted on the left. So go read the other kill stories and laugh like most of us do. If you want to go off the deep end and have a heart attack, feel free to do so too.

Comment

This is a kill thread not a thread to defend what kind of car you own or how well it does in the track.
        Artist, Writer, Photographer, Video Producer, Daddy!

Official Facebook page for Me, Myself and I

Comment

The PGT beat a RX8..end of story! Anything can happen at any point in time. If the guy couldnt drive the rx8 its his fault for racing b4 being able to drive to car to its potential, sucks for him.

Cheers.
          John
          John Kessler - 'The Original Mayonnaise'
          '95 Probe GT- Blurple-ish, SSR Integral A2s, D2 Coilovers, Renault Laguna Lip SOLD
          '96 Probe GT-Bolt-Ons, MS1 v3.0, Custom Suspension, The original Tri-Flow Turbo Cams, etc..Sold, and missed

New? From Missouri/S. Illinois/Kansas area? Let me know!
          '95 M3/2/5-S366 2J Swap in progress

Comment

I'm leaving work but I'll gladly take the time to reply to you. Long story short, the poster claims he had a race against an RX8 and won. We weren't there so what is the point in nit-picking what car can beat what? You say you have an RX8 so you should be aware of the oil-burning problem.

I'm sure there are times when you have raced someone and you would have won had you not gotten a bad start. So I'm not going to put down the poster and tell him that what he says happened didn't even happen. Never did the poster say that he was at a drag strip and beat the RX8. I'm sure everyone here is watching your over-reaction to a post that is meant for everyones enjoyment.

P.S. not a female, i'm 27 and my age is clearly posted on the left. So go read the other kill stories and laugh like most of us do. If you want to go off the deep end and have a heart attack, feel free to do so too.
            Nobody is talking about the Drag strip. Those numbers are for reference only. Those numbers go to show what the 'other' car would have to be CAPABLE of. Get it?

No RX8 owner with a CLUE thinks the Rx8 has an 'oil burning problem'. That's simply untrue at BEST, laughable at worst.

If I run your reply through my bs-translation software I get this:

Translation: I can't defend my claims, so I'll simply use the fallacies of ad hominem and appeal to ridicule and go away, as if I was able to back-up what I said.

Originally posted by CrimSon_ReD
            This is a kill thread not a thread to defend what kind of car you own or how well it does in the track.

I don't see that happening - what I see happening is 'me' and at least a couple other folk trying to use data and reality here and at least one guy who simply throws out opinion and half-truths. The only 'track' discussion was to show context - what one car would have to be capable of to do what was claimed. This isn't about the car I own or defending it - it's simply sharing data. Helping people grow in their automotive knowledge.
            Last edited by BigProbe; June 14, 2007, 05:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Double Post

Comment

Let it be known this is the second thread you did the same thing in.

This is about an RX8, the same car you own, because if it were not you wouldnt be so passionate debating it. Some one beat a rx 8 so what? I beat one on the highway with my chipped hemi and?

Just because someone mentions the word rx8 in a negative light you have to come in and chime about it to the point of attacking anyone who disagrees with you just because you own the same car. So you see it is not about inputting data for you but more about you taking it personal and to heart so much to the extent you make yourself look quite silly. You know the stats of your car, you know what it is capable of doing, there is no reason to bust a vein in your neck defending it. People will always hate so are you going to debate with every single person who doesnt like the rx8 or say they ran and beat one?

You know how silly that sounds dude, You are wasting your time getting annoyed.

If someone beats a Rx8 it doesnt mean that they can beat your Rx8, so why get your panties in such a knot over it?
              Last edited by CrimSon_ReD; June 14, 2007, 07:07 AM.

Comment

No RX8 owner with a CLUE thinks the Rx8 has an 'oil burning problem'. That's simply untrue at BEST, laughable at worst.
                Exactly. Maybe he was referring to the fact that a rotary engine uses a small amount of oil by design? Even at that, I haven't had to add any oil to my FD after 1000 miles of driving since I last changed it, and I've driven it hard...Sorry, no "oil burning problem" here.
                95 PGT MTX - Probezilla - Supercharged 'n Squirted ZE @ 8 psi
                93 FD - LSx 7.0L - 11.6@128.5 (w/ old rotary setup)
                89 DTM PGT - 49K ORIGINAL miles! - MINT! - Sold
                04 Subaru WRX STi - Perrin FMIC, Greddy 3.5" catback, K&N intake - 308AWHP/318AWTQ - Mustang Dyno
                Probezilla & The FD 540 RWHP/415 RWTQ @ 24.5 psi (past rotary setup)

Comment

Let it be known that C_r has his panties in a knot.

/silly.
                  //just realized I'm in the kills, section - gotta go.
                  Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin out over the line
                  PRD - The original Ford Probe Aftermarket, THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD RUN
                  1999-2013 : 14 Years of supporting the Probe community
                  1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo | 2000 Jaguar XJ8 | 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer | 1930 Model A Hotrod | 2005 VW Touareg V8

Comment

Let it be known that Probesports wears High Heel Pumps & a thong after midnight when his wife goes to bed.

Ooops I forget I wasnt supposed to say anything you freaky deaky you!

Comment

Let it be known this is the second thread you did the same thing in.
                      Let it be known you just ended a sentence with a preposition.

This is about an RX8, the same car you own, because if it were not you wouldnt be so passionate debating it. Some one beat a rx 8 so what? I beat one on the highway with my chipped hemi and?
                      PASSIONATE? Dude - I'm not passionate about debating anything but cold hard facts. I don't even LIKE My car most of the time.

Just because someone mentions the word rx8 in a negative light you have to come in and chime about it to the point of attacking anyone who disagrees with you just because you own the same car.
                      NOBODY on this board mentions the RX8 in MORE negative light than do I. If you feel calling people for the bullcrap they write 'attacking' - if you say 'showing people facts and data' is 'attacking' I can't change your mind. realize you are wrong, though.

So you see it is not about inputting data for you but more about you taking it personal and to heart so much to the extent you make yourself look quite silly.
                      Talk about looking silly - Here's what happened:

Guy made outlandish claim. I called him on it. Now you and he are saying I'm 'getting all personal' and 'attacking' - Maybe I am attacking - I'm attacking ignorance perhaps. The guy is obviously ignorant of the realities surrounding the RX7 and the RX8. What is the difference between that guy making up crap about the RX8 and RX7 and what I'm doing? Oh - that's right...what I am doing - the things I'm saying are true. What He is saying is untrue.

You know the stats of your car, you know what it is capable of doing, there is no reason to bust a vein in your neck defending it. People will always hate so are you going to debate with every single person who doesnt like the rx8 or say they ran and beat one?
                      See - that's a logical fallacy right there.

It's pure crazy to think I debate 'every single person' who doesn't like the rx8. Hell, I am not crazy about the car either. Do I debate myself?

You know how silly that sounds dude, You are wasting your time getting annoyed.

If someone beats a Rx8 it doesnt mean that they can beat your Rx8, so why get your panties in such a knot over it?

My panties get in knots for various reasons. When Ken Schafer doesn't return my calls is one reason. When people lie or tell blatant un-truths and that is defended - or Praised - by others.
                      Last edited by BigProbe; June 14, 2007, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Breathe!

Comment

Breathe!
                          Faith Hill sings that song. She's ALL kinds of HOT.

Comment

ok BigProbe has pretty much said it all. It does get annoying when kids spout off about things they don't understand ie. "rotary engine with an oil burning problem" LOLOL what do u think is causing that??? worn rings? shot valve seals perhaps? really .. lolol
                            95' 323C 'Neo' V6 BA23
                            stock KLZE/retuned VRIS0/deleted VRIS1/retuned VRIS2/MX3 rear suspension/0.680 5th gear/3deg retard cam timing/manual TBT

Comment

One person debating is hardly a debate at all.

Since the title of this thread is "Unexpected Kill", let's all consider the premise was that the RX-8 is the faster car.

Take the 1-on-1's to private messaging. In the meantime, here's some awards.

2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |
                              2017 Audi TTS - 034, Magnaflow |

Comment

Darin™ is hereby ban.T from answering any future RX-8 related threads.

ProbeTalk is BACK! Once again, it's what you use the Internet for!

Let's get DANGEROUS!

Comment

Working...
                                X