Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield Rubber

Hi there,

Where would I find replacement windshield rubber?

Is there a place I could purchase a new one, ready for when I have my windshield replaced?

Thanks very much.

any place that replaces windshields should be able to get one
    95 PGT white dd klze / mtx fidanza,maf swapped obx headers 2 1/2" mandrel bent 14.3 sec 1/4mile time
    94 PGT blue toy de/ze/g4 hybrid/ mtx turbo 5- 10 psi maf swapped aem piggy back, fidanza mandrel bent exaust
    93 PGT red klde/mtx klg4 intake,wild orchid interior
    97&94&93 PGT gone
    DALE

Comment

Ya when they replace the windshield they should replace the seal. If they don't I would find another glass place
      95 GT Chameleon Beauty
      http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps15cc5293.jpg

"Without Risk There Is No Reward"

Comment

they usually charge about $40 more for a new seal
        95 PGT white dd klze / mtx fidanza,maf swapped obx headers 2 1/2" mandrel bent 14.3 sec 1/4mile time
        94 PGT blue toy de/ze/g4 hybrid/ mtx turbo 5- 10 psi maf swapped aem piggy back, fidanza mandrel bent exaust
        97&94&93 PGT gone
        DALE

Comment

The old seal should never be reused Especially since its sealed into the windshield. I don't know whats going on with the glass places around you guys but I know they don't do that around here. They usually have a rolls of a few different types of seals in the van
          95 GT Chameleon Beauty
          http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps15cc5293.jpg

"Without Risk There Is No Reward"

Comment

I've scheduled safelite to come out and replace my windshield
            197 windshield
            31 molding
            9 disposal fee
            24 for at home service
            KLZE CN w/KL31 cams, Interprep valve springs, ebay headers, Xtremethings ECU, adjustable fpr, custom CAI, mazda 6 front brakes, megan racing rear suspension, eibach springs, tien struts

Comment

Originally posted by fordplay69 View Post
              I've scheduled safelite to come out and replace my windshield
              197 windshield
              31 molding
              9 disposal fee
              24 for at home service
              Have you checked with your insurance company? Usually insurance companies replace windshield's for free.
              '94 Red PGT Gone, but Project PGT has begun
              '04 Black SRT-4 Um, no it's not stock. But "It's just a Neon, right?" 379whp @ 20lbs *Sold*

Comment

i cant remember if this was originally like this or not
                but after my replacement seal if i spray water and use the wipers if the door windows are open i get water running inside the door window
                didnt the original seals prevent it from running down the door window?

Comment

I think this is normal Lol....windows open=water coming inside! I believe mine does the same thing. and pretty much all of my other cars as well....either that, or Im confuse by your question.....

Comment

i remember reading on here somehere the originals didnt do this
                    but i or they must be wrong then

Comment

Actually, the question is valid... The OEM windshield seal around the windshield has a protruding hump.. so when you use the windshield sprayers a lot less water drips off the sides of the windshield and comes in the side windows... When they replace your windshield, the GOOD windshield replacment companies will ask do you want the OEM windshield trim gasket? Or do you want the generic cheap rubber gasket trim? .... The OEM windshield gasket trim costs roughly $125.. If I'm remembering that right, it was years ago, might be more... I know this from when I replaced my front windshield and had diamond auto glass do my windshield replacement... I opted for the cheap generic rubber gasket because it was free...

However, after it was on, the first time it rained and I was driving I noticed something that never happened before... rain was dripping into my side windows.. the OEM windshield gasket trim prevents that from happening. If you see a probe that has never had the windshield replaced before, look at the sides of it, then look at the sides of another probe that has had the windshield replaced. Unless they paid a grip to get an oem windshield gasket trim from ford... then it will look different.

Also, the OEM gasket trim has metal and hard plastic parts to it shaped to the exact shape of the windshield... the cheap generic rubber gaskets typically seen are just a roll of rubber gasket that they cut to length. I used to work for Diamond Auto Glass at one time replacing windshields.
                      Last edited by ELGT; January 12, 2012, 05:39 PM.
                      Step 1 push pedal > Step 2 White Knuckle Steering Wheel > Step 3 Smoke a cig > Step 4 Think to self "Almost better then sex!"

Comment

Originally posted by how-high View Post
                        i cant remember if this was originally like this or not
                        but after my replacement seal if i spray water and use the wipers if the door windows are open i get water running inside the door window
                        didnt the original seals prevent it from running down the door window?
                        no all of mine have orignal windsheilds in them and water comes in
                        97&94&93 PGT gone
                        DALE

Comment

Working...
                        X