Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mazdasly75
    Steve,
    I'm using Standard AX1(IAT) and TX3(coolant), wich you have to both tap 3/8" pipe. You have to drill first 37/64.

These are easy to find through your local UAP or carquest(AX1 and TX3). They're also cheaper than i.e ac/delco and as much accurate.

After you got'em, bring both to a junkyard to find the connector. It cost me out a big 5$(can ) to get it.

If you have any question, you can call me at home.
    sylvain how much did you pay for your ax1 sensor ? I just got back from napa and they charge me 60$ for that stupid sensor.

Jordan how much you paid for yours ?
    Steve's klze turbo powered MX-3
    01 Golf GTI 1.8T

Comment

i'm using one i bought from autozone with a plastic tip for a 88 cavalier, can't wait to put the squirt in the car
      2004 Subaru WRX
      476whp 453tq @ 22psi 93pump w/meth

Comment

I paid 12$ at Autozone for the Wells SU107.
        Just tell them you need a IAT sensor for an '88 Beretta and they will give you the Wells SU107.

Thomas
        Last edited by Scummer; July 28, 2005, 09:47 AM.
        96 PGT - Vroom vroom =||= 01 Honda Odyssey - Family and bicycle hauler =||= 08 Toyota Prius - Commuter =||= 08 Suzuki LS650 - Widow-maker
        11 Trek Madone 5.9 - Racer =||= 09 Pedal Force CX1 Dura Ace/FSA SLK - Crosser/Tourer/Long distance =||= 73 Schwinn Continental - Fixie =||= 09 Dahon Mu XL Sport - Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by Scummer
          I paid 12$ at Autozone for the Wells SU107.
          Just tell them you need a IAT sensor for an '88 Beretta and they will give you the Wells SU107.

Thomas
          calles for 88 beretta..27$ that's more like it. I'll pick it up tomorrow morning.
          Does the GM connector still fit on a chevy sensor ?
          01 Golf GTI 1.8T

Comment

final price ? 20$ for sensor, connector freebie from junkyard and another 20$ for threading the sensor in the intake piping
            01 Golf GTI 1.8T

Comment

well according to this ^^ ..I can use default stuff unless I am sharing it with the stock ecu. so that means if I AM sharing it I can't use the default stuff..
              I would like to know the answer to this question
              If you really believe death leads to eternal bliss, then why do you wear a seatbelt?
              [96 Probe SE]

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                I would like to know the answer to this question
                have the stock ecu connected and splice the wire to MS..work fine now
                01 Golf GTI 1.8T

Comment

Awesome thanks, it's like you were waiting for me.
                  If you really believe death leads to eternal bliss, then why do you wear a seatbelt?
                  [96 Probe SE]

Comment

So do we need to get a GM IAT and coolent sensor? Or can we just tap into the ECU wire?
                    Faded 95 Probe GT --> 5 SPD
                    NX Wet Kit --> 75 Shot
                    Have you seen this?
                    Ranked #1 supporter of the Police Pension Fund
                    16 tickets and counting

Comment

you NEED the iat sensor or equivalent in other brand. you can use the stock clt sensor if you let it share with stock ecu
                      01 Golf GTI 1.8T

Comment

Working...
                      X