Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Location Of Transmission Control Module ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location Of Transmission Control Module ?

Can anyone please tell me where the TCM is on my car. I have a 1994 with the 2.0 I4 with a CD4E tranny. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    Organized People Are Just Too Lazy To Look For Things !!

not to mention that their emails addresses DO NOT WORK!

Inside the PCM. (integrated)
    1994 Ford Probe 2.0L MTX
    Kitted. Lambos. Slammed. 18s. T3/04E. LSD. MSII. Zoom-Zoom-Psst.

1996 Mazda 626 2.0L MTX
    Lowered. 18s. P5 FSDE. MP3 PCM.

Cardomain - Needs updating.

Comment

the PCM is integrated in the or is known as the ECU then right? If it is, then EXACTLY where is that on my car ? Thanks.

Comment

The PCM is located behind the center part of the dash just above the transmission hump....

Comment

so the ECM is also called the PCM. i actually think that read somewhere that the probes engine computer is called the PCM. Is this right? Thanks.

Comment

the PowertrainControlModule or the pcm is the computer...it controls everything electrical like transmission solenoids which are outputs and sensors like the O2 and the TPS sensor are inputs..

Comment

ok, if that controls the tranny and everything, would this cause my tranny to be constantly stuck in third gear when the selector is in drive. it starts out in third and everything. It will go down to second gear if i put the selector in first. then when i put it back in drive, its shifts SMOOTHLY back into third, so i know the tranny isnt bad. so since he CD4E tranny is all computerized, would this PCM maybe be the cause of my tranny being stuck in third when the selector is in drive? Thanks.

OK FORGET ABOUT THE ABOVE POST !!! I FIGURED IT OUT !! the person that had the car before me put in a engine computer out of a manual tranny. Apparently he didnt know that since the CD4E is electronically controlled that it had to be one from a automatic of the same tranny. Now the big question is : there are 4 or 5 different part numbers for the 4 cyl. automatic. WHICH ONE DO I USE ? Can i use any of them as long as its for the 2.0 automatic, or not. Mainly because the computer controls everything electronic, so i would think that it all depends on what options the car has. I dont know. ANY help would be appreciated on this. Thanks.
              Last edited by kawkx500; February 18, 2006, 12:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

you need a pcm out of a 94 Probe ATX 2.0 .... or from a 94 Mazda 626 2.0 ATX or from a Mazda MX6 2.0 ATX...ATX = auto tranny..95 may work to..any boneyard should have a parts interchange book..93 is no good cause they used the 4EAT trans

Comment

Thanks everyone for all your help. Now i might be able to actually drive the car i bought. Thanks Again.

Comment

Working...
                  X