Motor mounts. hmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor mounts. hmm

ok im sorry but im in a pickle here, i have ONE good motor mount left on this poor car. i called schucks, napa, and autozone, all 3 gave me the same run around and confused answers to what i asked.

i would greatly appreciate part #'s of any kind for all the mounts excluding the bottom center one since i dont understand its function and all parts houses have that one listed.

i need the right side fenderwell (front?), firewall (right?), radiator side (left?) and the one that goes to the top of the mtx on the drivers side (rear?)

if anything else maybe this info could be removed and placed into a faq? i cant believe im having this much complication finding mounts.

F32Z 6038 M front of engine, rt. fender
    F32Z 6038 A radiator side
    F32Z 6038 J under bellhousing
    F42Z 6068 B firewall side
    F32Z 6038 F trans, left fender

this is according to my estimating program.. usually correct, but I'd verify before betting my life on it....
    Quote of the day...
    (Every day)

"Yes it's true.. you are a good woman..
    Then again, you may be the Anti-Christ.."

Comment

wow. you just made life easier, hopefully these #'s cross over in their computer or books. thank you so much, hopefully a mod will put your post into archive?

the one that crossed over quickly was the M (front) but he cant get it? we'll see. fyi books work better than computers

autozone part #'s (they's open latest lol)
      a6445
      a6462
      Last edited by Klitch; June 24, 2008, 09:05 PM.

Comment

You could always fill them with polyurathane for less then $30.

3M Window Weld Super Fast Urathane, and a caulking gun.
        Last edited by RoadRage; June 25, 2008, 09:53 AM.
        Regards,
        Andre S
        93 Mazda 626 - Heavily modified - Cross Pollinated - Work in Progress
        --------------------------------My Build Page---------------------------------

Comment

the car is my dd. how fast does that stuff set?

Comment

with in 24 hours it will be hard as a rock.
            Regards,
            Andre S

Comment

hmm i dont know when i'll have 24 hrs to wait for them to dry. good idea though. how does it work with a totally seperated mount?

Comment

Mine weren't separated but the it is sticky as hell if it isn't completely destroyed then I would say glue the separated piece back in place with a dab then fill the mount.
                Regards,
                Andre S

Comment

I burned out the old rubber and filled all mine with poly....
                  97' PGT DE/ZE 11:1, Shaved heads, Ported, Polish? who makes enough hp to give a ****,Full custom 3"ID exhaust, OBX headers, Uber weight reduction, MX6 MTX, HEI & Blaster 2 & to much freaking money. (Sold)
                  93' PGT Fresh DE, full 2.5 w/ OBX headers, MX3 Flywheel, Stg2 clutch, and yea thats it... sucks eh soon boost.

Comment

how did you make sure the insert for the bolt lined up after doing that? i think i'll definately consider the fill with poly idea after i get my new trans for my truck so i can let it sit for a day or 2. 2 mounts per day sounds good. that way i dont have a motor hanging out on a jack lol

Comment

Working...
                    X