This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• official flyrtle 6.0 dates

Andy, is there any word on the dates of flyrtle 6? i'm going to request off work for 2 or 3 weeks (depending if i come down early) before and 1 week after the flyrtle dates.

If there are not any dates set in stone, please try to figure them out when you get the chance to do so. i'm going to put it in to work as early as possible.

on another note, no flyrtle 5 vid on the site yet
    95 mx6 with a 4 lug swap
    Built, Not Bought.
    No, my username is Not from that stupid movie.

Would be great if flyrtle was the last week of september cause I get my dl back on the 17th

Comment

I thought Flyrtle was usually later than that...I am awaiting the date too..
      John Kessler - 'The Original Mayonnaise'
      '95 Probe GT- Blurple-ish, SSR Integral A2s, D2 Coilovers, Renault Laguna Lip SOLD
      '96 Probe GT-Bolt-Ons, MS1 v3.0, Custom Suspension, The original Tri-Flow Turbo Cams, etc..Sold, and missed

New? From Missouri/S. Illinois/Kansas area? Let me know!
      '95 M3/2/5-S366 2J Swap in progress

Comment

No last year it was in september. How do I know this? It was on my anniversary weekend. LoL
        1993 PGT-DE-T Silver Surfer - 8psi

1995 PGT Daily Driver - D2's - Turbo kit sitting in garage

1997 F-150 - Home Depot Getter

2004 Acura TSX - Wife Mobile

2007 BMW 335i Coupe - My new toy

Comment

Oh...I was thinking it was usually later than that..oh well. Either way I want to know so I have a time crunch to meet with the car! lol
          '95 Probe GT- Blurple-ish, SSR Integral A2s, D2 Coilovers, Renault Laguna Lip SOLD
          '96 Probe GT-Bolt-Ons, MS1 v3.0, Custom Suspension, The original Tri-Flow Turbo Cams, etc..Sold, and missed

Comment

It'll be in September, is it that time of year again where I have to start planning it? Traditionally I never know the dates until 90 days out because that's the earliest I can reserve the pavilion.

What are people's opinions on Tampa vs West Palm for this year? Obviously in West Palm we have a pretty set model for doing the meet, in Tampa it would be more centered around a trip to Busch Gardens and less centered around the cars.

Right now my prospective dates would be September 18-19 or 25-26.

Please discuss and let's see what comes of it. In the debate of Tampa vs Orlando after Flyrtle 5 Tampa won by a longshot so the only remaining decision is if we really wanna relocate or not.

Brainstorm ideas in this thread for activities and location and I'll get the wheels rolling organizing. I can arrange a carbon copy of last year very easily if you want another dyno meet/party followed by the bbq day.

And btw, this year we HAVE TO take all the boosted cars and get a pic in front of the "P.T. Express." It's about 20 minutes from the house and meet festivities.
            Attached Files

92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
            HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
            Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video, Dyno Video
            As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.

Comment

i really dont care what dates you pick or what town. I'll be there either way WOOT. I kinda would like to do the dyno again as long as will have the option for tuning
              Last edited by DroptAtBirth; May 11, 2010, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Haha nice on the PT Express thing..I wouldn't mind doing a dyno meet as part of it, as everyone could hopefully see in person what a KL at 10k sounds like...

Comment

I have an idea, how about finding a location where we can merge the bbq and the dyno day together and just bring out a mobile dyno? I have a few connections and might even be able to make it happen at the track...

That would open up a lot of options for activities surrounding the event. I'm making a few calls today, I also have some mazda dealer friends down here but if we did something at the dealership it would be even further south. Lemme get to work on this and see what happens.

92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.

Comment

^^^^ i like the sound of that bbq/dyno day. so what would we do the second day?

Comment

Originally posted by 95blackoutgt View Post
                      ^^^^ i like the sound of that bbq/dyno day. so what would we do the second day?
                      Discuss and let me know what you guys prefer. In Tampa the obvious choice would be Busch Gardens. In West Palm/SFL there's a number of options. I'll let you guys continue to discuss while I get in touch with some people.

Comment

well, i'd love for it to be in SFL again. i really had an awesome time last year. since i have income now though busch gardens could be viable for me as well.

personally i would prefer west palm beach again. a mobile dyno seems extremely convenient as well.

as for the second day, PBIR?
                        95 mx6 with a 4 lug swap
                        Built, Not Bought.
                        No, my username is Not from that stupid movie.

Comment

I really hope I can get my car running for this years meet....
                          The come back kid
                          96 Ford Probe Turboed 12.202 @ 118.74 R.I.P
                          97 Mx-6 all motor 13.7 @ 98 parted out
                          88 Mx-6 Turbo Classic 14.5@93 SOLD
                          93 323 hatchV6 turbo! To be announced

Comment

Westpalm Beach would be nice and the 25 - 26 would be SO much better so that I don't have to drag my girl along!!
                            1993 PGT-DE-T Silver Surfer - 8psi

1995 PGT Daily Driver - D2's - Turbo kit sitting in garage

1997 F-150 - Home Depot Getter

2004 Acura TSX - Wife Mobile

2007 BMW 335i Coupe - My new toy

Comment

Originally posted by jazredgt View Post
                              so that i don't have to drag my girl along!!
                              hahahahahaha

Comment

Working...
                              X