ABS light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS light

Well i found out a little more about my previous post.

After i replaced the rear brakes and rotors, the ABS light started to come on intermittently. When putting the rotors back on with new wheel studs, i chipped a few of the ABS teeth, not too badly, just enough to see a dent in a few of them.

after taking a long trip, i found out it comes on when i hit 59 MPH....or just drive around 50 for a few minutes. This doesnt occur when i only drive 35.

what should i do to get rid of the prbolem? snip the ABS light in the dash? hahah

sean
    1996 PGT. Laser Red. Custom Paint Can CAI. Detailed and painted engine. http://home.columbus.rr.com/seanbennett

Wonder if you can shim the sensor out to line it up with a different part of the ring?

Tried to look in the Ford service manual but that part was kinda crappy. Couldn't tell if it was possible or not.

Comment

ABS is highly over-rated, i've had the fuse pulled for my system for well over a year now, so my ABS light is on all the time, i'm happy tho cus it keeps my car from having a seizure every time i try and stop hard ...
      Pictures - Videos
      1993 Mazda RX7, 35R swapped R1

Comment

Working...
      X