Adjustable Coilovers, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustable Coilovers, anyone?

I pulled a set off a junkyard car (actually found quite a bit on that car- Hotshot headers, Megan Racing rear upper tower strut bar, drilled rotors... etc) and they look like Arospeed. I haven't read GREAT things about them, so I went into it expecting total garbage. But after playing around with the different heights, they aren't bad. Right now I have the fronts adjusted all the way up and the rear almost all the way down. Handles better than stock (i.e. worn out) shocks/struts. Plus it looks pretty good when it's set all the way down. Anyone have anything to say about Arospeed coilovers? Or a suggestion for when I get tired of these?

Never used Aerospeed or even heard of them, so cant help you there.

But if/when you go to buy new coils, I've said it 100 times, Yonaka is a great choice. Cheaper than D2/Ksport and ride real nice. Only thing is they dont have camber adjust ability.
    1996 Probe GT - Bought April 2010, Boosted August 2014
    Fast FC04 18x9, Black Leather, King6, ADDCO, AWR, Yonaka, Quad J30s, AVC Pipes, Tial WG, Greddy BOV, Aeromotive AFPR, MS1v3
    1993 Probe GT - 110k, auto, parts car
    2011 Impreza Limited Hatchback - Daily, Lowered, WRX Wheels & Wing

Comment

Aerospeed Coilovers are not "proper"coilovers, they are simply very short springs with a threaded "spacer" for a lack of a better word. They ride pretty harsh, my friend had some on his Geo Storm, and it was pretty bumpy.
      I was actually just talking to Yonaka about doing a Bulk Buy. The person who got back to me said they can do $529 if we order 5 sets or more. Which is $70 off what is already the cheapest coilover out there.
      Timberline grey 96 pgt 5sp. Lowered on 18's w/ a custom sts stolen and M.I.A.
      Noble Green KLZE'd MX-6 LS 5sp, STS, HID's and Yellow Fogs, SSAC'd,2.25 catback, KN'd, lip'd, CF hood, sittin low on H&R coilovers,Strut bars and 626 sway bar, FD's and bumpin'
      http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...hroughhood.jpg

Comment

Working...
      X