Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO: H4s

this is so easy to do, but then the question gets asked all theim

price :$20-70 (depends where you get em)

need:

H4 housing
    H4 bulb
    H4 plug
    (might come as a package)
    crimp connector
    heat shrink

time: under 1 hour

Raise the headlights, remove the plastic shroud. use a marker to mark the adjustment screws. just trace around them. this make re alignment a snap

after a few turns out

Remove the chrome headlight retaning ring (4 phillips screws) pull out head light and unplug.

cut off the factory plug for the head light. crimp connect the H4 harness to factory wiring (mine went black:black red/white:red/white red:red/black)

this is how I stop the H4 rattle, on the back of the H4 housings there a holes on the conners, a few small screws will be used to shim them up. about 1/4 in should work.

put the h4 bulb in the h4 housing, plug in and install in car.

Last edited by soufkackicustom; November 30, 2005, 06:17 PM.
    MMX BEST ROLLIN WERCK
    1991 accord wagon..20's, ear bleeding system..storm trooper style /08 CRV black/tan sunroof...stock /1965 thunderbird landau/

Just the picture I was looking for! - http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...5_180_full.jpg

I'm going to be doing this soon. I'll probably end up ordering it off of PA but I don't know what bulbs to use. I want some really nice ones. People recommened silverstars but I hear they burn out very quickly, and I don't want that.
    '94 Sonic Blue w/ Black Top ~ Turbo - SOLD: 7/06/14
    ...yeah, she's shaved, just how we like 'em. Click HERE
    vrooom psshh...

Comment

Looks good, I fixed my rattle when I had those with Electrical tape, and some foam. Wrapped it on the chrome trim that goes over the housing. Becareful with cold temps, mine cracked in there first winter and one actually came apart from the back part of the housing. I upgraded to Hella housing and the output doubled.

Looks good, I have a picture of mine when I first installed them, car looked like a frog with them up

Comment

Why though?

Comment

Mine never rattled...

And do people seriously need a write up for this stuff?

Whats next? How to: Install rims.... ???
          2014 BMW 328d Luxury Line- Mineral White/Saddle Brown Leather, Premium Package, Driver Assistance Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, car seats inside

2012 BMW X3 35i M Sport- Traded

2003 BMW 330i ZHP- Alpine White/Natural Brown Montana Leather, Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, Certified Dinan Stage III, car seats inside

2004 BMW 330i ZHP- Totaled

Comment

^^This guy is a dickhead^^

2000 Mustang GT
            Built, Cammed, Blown 284

Comment

how bout some pics at night?

If i ever decide to put money into my car again (highly unlikely) I will do a conversion to regular bulbs. sealed lamps =

Comment

Originally posted by mike93bulit
                ^^This guy is a dickhead^^

Yeah but this guy is buying you a lapdance for your 18th birthday when I get home to CA...

So you better be nice, or i'll pick out some nasty ass stripper...

Remember, Centerfolds... "Thousands of beautiful girls, and 3 ugly ones".. Yes, thats their motto...
                2014 BMW 328d Luxury Line- Mineral White/Saddle Brown Leather, Premium Package, Driver Assistance Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, car seats inside

2012 BMW X3 35i M Sport- Traded

2003 BMW 330i ZHP- Alpine White/Natural Brown Montana Leather, Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, Certified Dinan Stage III, car seats inside

2004 BMW 330i ZHP- Totaled

Comment

I posted the pin out for the bulbs some where...
                  2012 Focus Titanium - Daily | 1989 Lincoln Mark VII - NT car | 2005 Dodge Ram | 1996 PGT - Fate TBD

Comment

Originally posted by jon93PGT

And do people seriously need a write up for this stuff?
                    no but people ask all the time, and I was taking out the quads and putting these back in, so I figured why not.
                    MMX BEST ROLLIN WERCK
                    1991 accord wagon..20's, ear bleeding system..storm trooper style /08 CRV black/tan sunroof...stock /1965 thunderbird landau/

Comment

where did you buy the housings?
                      edit- a simple google search does amazing things, found em
                      ok well i see that the stock halogens are 4.2 x 6.61
                      so i guess we would use the 4x6 ones? or will it be a little to small?
                      Last edited by armyreserve100; December 3, 2005, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Night pix please

Hey, can you show some night pix. Thanks!!
                        Last edited by XxJOExX; December 3, 2005, 11:00 AM.
                        96 PSE. <work in progress>Click me for pictures.

Comment

its pretty bad when theres a HOW TO on something like changing a light on our cars....
                          PaTricK
                          ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

next mod for the 1g!
                            Helix
                            05 PGP Matrix XRS 6spd - 17" DR-38 wheels, K&N drop in, 03/04 Matrix ECU, LIFT
                            05 SSM Corolla XRS 6spd - Magnaflow, Matrix ECU -- RIP, DRUNK DRIVER TOTALED IT
                            Past: 94 PGT atx, 95 PGT mtx, 89 PGT mtx, 94 Corolla DX auto, 06 Corolla S 5spd

Comment

Originally posted by armyreserve100
                              ok well i see that the stock halogens are 4.2 x 6.61
                              so i guess we would use the 4x6 ones? or will it be a little to small?

notice the shim trick, does wonders
                              MMX BEST ROLLIN WERCK

Comment

Working...
                              X