Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Part 1 of 3, 2.5L V6 AC-Install SC kit. (Pulleys)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part 1 of 3, 2.5L V6 AC-Install SC kit. (Pulleys)

This is the first of three image threads that will be hosted on here over the next few days. Some of you have been aware that we have been testing and working on a supecharger kit that installs in place of the AC kit, concept inspired from Rick_96PGT's setup he had created many years ago. Although the concept of putting a belt driven power adder is a pretty obvious one, and has been done several times before, the idea of putting the Mercedes Clutched M62 in this spot we feel has been the most ideal solution.

We at Mr.Speed have taken this basic concept and refined it in many ways, for example, the kit is created with MX3, MX6 and 626 owners in mind so that the blower will have proper clearance to not hit the frame. Intercooled piping on those models is very similiar to that of the Probes, however, Non-intercooled pipping is another story. Why no one else has worked as hard as we have to come up with as total and professional of a solution is not known.

With in a week here, we will start doing sales/presales of these kits just like our 2.0L SC kits that are already on presale. Both kits were put into production at the machine and fabrication shops, so they are quite close (rouggly 75%) to completioin already. This will increase the over-all turn around time for everyone.

First up, I would like highlight the over-sized crank pulleys that come as standard with our AC Install SC kit. These are made from a high grade of alumium, reducing weight over the stock steel crank pulley. These are designed to run the boost at 7.4PSI, by using the stock crank pulley the top boost is about 3.5PSI non-intercooled. Our engines really don't start to breath and fully benefit from forced induction till somewhere around 6psi. We feel if you are going to invest in forced induction, you should with out question FEEL your investment!

This is not 'just and over-sized crank pulley' to raise up boost. We took several steps to make the absolute FINEST aftermarket crank pulley that can be offered!

First off, this is the ONLY AFTERMARKET crank pulley that offers a threaded surface so that a harmonic balanacer puller can be used to remove it! I've worked with the 'other ones', and after the crank pulley being on for some time it becomes difficult to move. When not having a proper puller one must pry against the oil pump housing, which is a thin and hollow aluminum. Not wise!

Secondly, do you notice a huge pathway cut into the back of the crank pulley? Guess what? This is the ONLY AFTERMARKET crank pulley that does NOT require you to hack the crap out of your oil pump housing. IMHO I feel it's assinine to expect people to hack up something as sensitve as the oil pump housing in order to fit a pulley around it. Why not just use a good grade of aluminum and make the pulley fit around it? Because it does cost a little more time in machining it. The Mr.Speed objective is to first off provide the most reliable products, and by taking a couple extra steps to provide that much better of a product is what we do. Sure, I'll make $5 less from this pulley because of the work - but it's a worthwhile investment on our part knowing that you will have the absolute best quality item!

Thirdly.. what is this Yep! A timing mark! These seem to be a hit and miss on aftermarket pulleys; far more of a miss in my personal experience. I've found a lot of people having to remove their light-weight crank pulleys to swap on a stocker just so they can time the engine. Seems silly for some to have neglected this simple feature!

Lastly this is the stocker on top of our over-sized pulley. We just wanted to show you the size difference. The pulley is large enough to create more boost, but small enough to avoid any conflict with the Power-steering pump idler and water pump pulley!

Next part, will feature our oil filter relocation kits. These will also be for individual sale. These are the absolute finest quality relocation units with a great price tag, you will see why shortly!

Thank you again everyone for your continued interest and support,

Stay Tuned!

~Patrick
    Last edited by Adlorin; March 19, 2006, 07:46 AM.
    '00 Contour SVT - Stock and Reliable
    '93 Probe GT - Currently Grounded.

update your email address y0

Looks fabulous as always, man.

to a well thought out product.
    Jesus is the remedy
    Black '94 GT DE/ZE hyrbid, too many parts to list
    Black '89 MX-6 GT AWS: T3/T4 turbo, 3" exhaust, big brakes, FD's, K-sports, FD's, plus much more...
    Ebony Pearl '95 Subaru SVX LSi home of: BontragerWerks 22mm RSB #001

Comment

If this turns out to be good, I might be looking into investing.

Keep the good work up
      The thing is, it’s a gearbox, okay? It has one job to do! One job! Pull the lever… ‘Am I a pencil? Am I a cauliflower? Am I a nuclear power sta– I’m a gearbox! Oh, heavens, I’m gonna swap some cogs around!’

Jeremy Clarkson on Automatics

Comment

Sponsor me

Good looking stuff!
        '09 Cobalt SS Pictures!

'95 Probe GT MTX Rio Red. Pictures! Sold 10-17-08

'93 Probe SE - Sold 12-22-04

Comment

The pp.com lightweight crank pullys have a timeing mark.

I never noticed how heavy crank pullys were untill I hled one next to a lightwieght pully. And that one looks nice.

Comment

Originally posted by vulcan'n it
            The pp.com lightweight crank pullys have a timeing mark.

I never noticed how heavy crank pullys were untill I hled one next to a lightwieght pully. And that one looks nice.

Thanks man!

Nice find too! PP.com specializes in first gen stuff, Fyi - so those pulleys for you folks with the 89-92 have a better hook up than we had.

~Patrick

Comment

Hey man.. My Unorthodox Racing underdrive pulley has a timing mark.

Either way, looks good so far. Interested in seeing the rest of the kit.
              2014 BMW 328d Luxury Line- Mineral White/Saddle Brown Leather, Premium Package, Driver Assistance Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, car seats inside

2012 BMW X3 35i M Sport- Traded

2003 BMW 330i ZHP- Alpine White/Natural Brown Montana Leather, Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Navigation, Certified Dinan Stage III, car seats inside

2004 BMW 330i ZHP- Totaled

Comment

Very nice fabrication.

Comment

Originally posted by jon93PGT
                  Hey man.. My Unorthodox Racing underdrive pulley has a timing mark.

Either way, looks good so far. Interested in seeing the rest of the kit.
                  Really?? The two I've worked with recently didn't! hmm.. time to edit my ranting then.

Comment

Thats great. Is the price still going to be $1300 as listed on the site. I hope I have the funds to jump in on this one, I wanted to get in on the shafted kit so bad but this will work just as well.
                    My Old Cars
                    I had a blast at probetalk thank you all for your help, what a great community.

Comment

yeah what's the pricetag on this setup going to be?
                      Kevin Heisler

90 JDM Fairlady Z , twin turbo lots of stuff done already but not enough space in the sig

Comment

Well.....I'm impressed.
                        Stephen Wilds #303
                        PhotoPOC
                        BMW 328i
                        BMW Z4

Comment

Looking good as always Patrick.
                          ONPOC.ca Administrator
                          K-Series.ca Founder

1993 PGTZE, forever under construction...

Comment

excellent quality and attention to detail. no surprise there.

Comment

Nice job man i'll be keeping up with this and may invest.
                              Never make someone a Priority, When there only an option, Yesterday is old news...Move on.

myspace.com/maverick06xx

Comment

Working...
                              X