• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny Saver Bulk Buy #4

CLOSED 6/11/06
    *Approved by Stacey B.*

Begins 5/11/06 ends 6/11/06

Greetings again all, I still have stock left on the Trans Savers, so I will keep running Bulk Buy's untill they are gone. So, at the previous rates, there will be a few more buys after this during spring/summer.

They are now $50!

You get bolts, washers, just as before.

Powder coated black is an additional $20. (will not ship immediatly)

This is a plain, unfinished bracket, shipping will be $7. for the lower 48 states.

Canada: $15. shipping.
    Pm me or email me for other countries, locations, etc. I wil ship out of the US, but email me for shipping costs.

Here is what the bracket looks like, unfinished:

Yes, they fit TW-Motorsports, ss-autochrome, mmi, etc Turbo kits as seen here:

A few things learned since the last buy:

A. These will not clear slip-fit HotShot headers.

B. These will not work with the wide transmission bracket (pics below) Unless you use spacers.

C. If you are Turbo'd, this prolly wont fit. It will NOT fit the old PMO turbo pipes. I have 2 custom brackets I made that are short enough to clear some turbo piping. One of those is going to Shaodome once its powder coated.

D. These will fit Hot SHot Gen 5's
    There were two different Transmission/Engine mounts used on the Probes, Here is a pic of the two of them:

The widest bracket is on the left, it measures approxamatly 2.75" , the narrow bracket is approx. 2.5" That is the bracket that this brace was designed to use.

If you have the 2.75" bracket, you must fabricate spacers to add 1/2" to the tranny bracket. I no longer make those, I suggest you replace the bracket instead of shimming after doing a few installs.

You can use the shimms, and the larger bracket, but this puts the bottom bracket bolts almost in contact with your exhaust piping.

Here are some Installed pics: (Thanks to Bob_760 94PGT for the pics! )

Here is the original Bulk Buy:Original Bulk Buy info: HERE

Here is the Bulk Buy from Jan. '05: Recent Bulk Buy info: HERE

How to purchase:
    Send me a Paypal to:
    mbolin@gte.net

Include your:
    Name
    Email addy
    PT screen name
    Shipping addy

Payment
    I now do PayPal only. There are way too many issues with money in the mail, Paypal is safe for you, and safe for me!

Paypal Addy: mbolin@gte.net

If I forgot anything, remind me, and I will post it up!
    Last edited by Mbolin5; June 12, 2006, 01:12 PM.

i'll be getting in on this for sure
    93gt 230k dd.
    1993 probe gt
    96 pgt 135k dd
    http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...100_3918-1.jpg

Comment

can these be easily installed with the engine and tranny still in the car?
      2005 BMW r1200GS - fully dressed adv machine
      2006 Suzuki SV650 - naked squid machine

Comment

Originally posted by im2dum4werdz
        can these be easily installed with the engine and tranny still in the car?

Yes, to install, you will need to:

jack up the car, secure it well with jack stands, remove the crossmember (6 17mm bolts)

remove the exhaust cross/connector from the exhaust manifolds (note: you dont need to remove the cross tube from the cat, just remove the two rubber hangers on each side of the cat)

remove the 6 -14mm nuts that hold the exhaust to the manifolds, and unplug the two 02 sensors.

remove the lower bolt on the rear eng/trans mount.

remove the two bolts that secure the rubber isolator to the trans/cross member.

Install the trans saver in those locations with new bolts and flat washers that are included with the bracket.

Bolt everything else back up, and you are done!

About an hour to install, give or take.

If you are installing this on a car that hasnt been apart ever, or in a very long time...it will be tougher.

Comment

i want one....... can you ship to puerto rico 00961..? let me know
          thanx
          BIGGEST WHP MAZDA MX6 KL EVER-----KLZE with PAUTER Rods and Wiseco Pistons 8.5:1 ...........553whp and 495tq@28psi and still running....

1997 Silver Frost PGT... like new...

dude, your email address isn't working ~admin

Comment

I see that you contradicted yourself on whether they fit turbo piping or not. can you please clear this up? on one line you said that they fit ssauto, mmi, tw kits, but on another line you said that you specially made one to fit shaodomes turbo kit.

-Jeff

Comment

If you made one shadome would you modify one for me to use with the MMI Pipes.Willing to compensate you for the extra effort and time

Comment

Originally posted by steelcity6
                If you made one shadome would you modify one for me to use with the MMI Pipes.Willing to compensate you for the extra effort and time

The bracket fits mmi pipes, please look at my pics!

Originally posted by shadetree93pgt
                I see that you contradicted yourself on whether they fit turbo piping or not. can you please clear this up? on one line you said that they fit ssauto, mmi, tw kits, but on another line you said that you specially made one to fit shaodomes turbo kit.

-Jeff

No, I did not contradict myself, read my post again. I said they fit ss-autochrome pipes, mmi pipes, adn the TW-Motorsports pipes.....as in the pictures. Maybe i need to re-write that part, and clear that up better!

Jordan (shaodome), has custom pipes, along with many others, thats why I made that statement about not fitting turbo pipes, unless they are the pipes I specified they will fit...long asnwer there..sorry!
                Last edited by Mbolin5; May 12, 2006, 06:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

OK, you said these will work with the HS headers Gen 5. However, I don't know which one that is. Could that just mean the latest design that is being currently produced? Sorry for the stupid question.

Comment

is there anyway to tell which trany/motor bracket you have without getting under the car and measuring?
                    1997 Ford Probe Base Model Lazer Red 2.0 ATX Highly Moddified (parted out)
                    1993 Ford Probe GT Black MTX SCCA rings a bell, still quicker than yours. (For Sale,***SOLD***)
                    2003 Mazda 6 Red 2.3ltr 4banger ATX (stock for now)
                    2000 Chevy S-10 4.3ltr V6 RWD ATX (stock for now, though small block 350 sounds good)

Comment

4cyl !!! do it... J/K..

no, but seriously, I want one...
                      Matt Hicks
                      Silver 97 2.0 Turbo
                      Factory Green ZX6RR
                      If you have 1,000 posts and have not donated to PT, you should consider doing so.
                      "We're all still learning."

Comment

Originally posted by man_in_black3
                        OK, you said these will work with the HS headers Gen 5. However, I don't know which one that is. Could that just mean the latest design that is being currently produced? Sorry for the stupid question.

Thats a good question...and you make a good point, I need to update that part! The brackets fits the current style of hotshots, and thats really how i should have worded it from the start. Thanks for pointing that out, it is confusing the way i wrote it!

Originally posted by Rhinod56
                        is there anyway to tell which trany/motor bracket you have without getting under the car and measuring?

I wish i knew an easier way to tell, but, outside of jacking up the car, and crawling under there, I dont know of another way.
                        Last edited by Mbolin5; May 13, 2006, 05:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

you know I'm in for one, possibly more I will keep you posted.

Comment

hey mbolin, did you get my latest pm? i know you probably going through a ton of them right now... lemme know whats up, thanks man
                            05 Lotus Elise
                            95 black pgt-ze... sold

facebook

Comment

I'll be hitting you up for one of these later this week, so save me one please .
                              SoDak Probes President, Founding member of Team Legion Of Boom
                              My '94 PSE & '95 PGT

Comment

Working...
                              X