where to tap into exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to tap into exhaust

ok i just bought an ngk afx wideband kit and it says that i have to weld the sensor boss to the exhaust between the 10 and 2 oclock position. i was just wondering if i could just use the stock o2 sensor spot or do i have to drill another one? also if anyone has any pics of theirs it would be really helpful. thanks

http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/...m_9be3aa44.jpg

oh and is it worth it to install my crowler reground cams with my new turbo set up? they gave me a rough idle with my n/a setup, but you could definatly feel the difference. just wondering will i see any gains turboed.
    Last edited by 93RedPgtProject; January 15, 2007, 07:27 AM.

Wideband o2's just need to be mounted so the tip is not pointing up and its not horrizontal. This keeps condensation off supposively and burns better. But mainly you just need to make sure the tip of the sensor is pointing downward at least a little bit.
    Dan Brown - 1995 Turbo PGT ~ SOLD ~
    287whp & 307lb-ft. @ 10.5psi & 12* Timing

Comment

ok i did some more searching and found answers to my wideband questions but what about the cams?

Comment

I have my wideband O2 at 9 o'clock mounted, since there already was a bung in the hotshot headers before the cat. Works good sofar.

If you have turbo, i thought the placement of the O2 was right after the turbine?
        96 PGT - Vroom vroom =||= 01 Honda Odyssey - Family and bicycle hauler =||= 08 Toyota Prius - Commuter =||= 08 Suzuki LS650 - Widow-maker
        11 Trek Madone 5.9 - Racer =||= 09 Pedal Force CX1 Dura Ace/FSA SLK - Crosser/Tourer/Long distance =||= 73 Schwinn Continental - Fixie =||= 09 Dahon Mu XL Sport - Commuter

Comment

Working...
        X