Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning: Noyan Buyers Read

I also posted this on the 6 boards just thought I would get the word around

I recently recieved a unos800 KlZE for $450 shipped to my door as my old ZE was burning oil and i contaced them when it was still under warrenty and I never got any reply back for a couple weeks, so I went back and called them but my 6 month warrenty was up and they told me they could send me another ZE for $450 so I said yea ill do that its not bad as I needed a motor. So i recieved my eunos800 KLZE and the cams read kl 101 and the heads read kl31 101 so I said I would give it a try. I had my same mechanic install my ZE and I was ready to pick up my 6 after school. He had EVERYTHING back in the car and was ready to drop it down off the lift and put the hood on. I come into the shop and he tells me he has some bad news. He had it running for no longer than 30 seconds and it just started to slap really bad, an unusuall slapping. He pulls the plugs to come find out that one of the cylinders (the middle cylinder standing in front of the car #5 i believe) is completely missing the piston. I wasnt to sure if thats what he said and so he showed me. He put a scope down into the cylinder and when I looked through all I could see was the connecting rod and pin but no piston. He began to pull the oil pan to see what was really in it. First there was a whole bunch of little shrap metal in the pan and then he pulls off the plate under the crankshaft and chuncks come out. Theres 4 good chunks that you can make out that it was the piston it self, the rings are all chewed up along with more little chunks of metal and it just looks bad. Now Noyan claims they "test" these motors before they ship them out and so who knows what exactly they are testing if I got a blown motor. So now i am out about a grand to pay for the installation and i have no motor. I re-contacted Noyan and they tell me they can send me another ZE for another $450. Shouldnt I be getting another ZE no charge as they sent me a blown motor with a blown piston not even knowing what else can be wrong with the motor. I just would like to get the word out and people be aware of what you are purchasing nor do I want to see anybody else go through this kind of mess as it is nerve racking and i am still deciding of what I should do as of right now.

Here are a couple pictures that I took of what came out of the motor
    http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...7/111_3517.jpg
    the left over piston
    http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...7/111_3514.jpg
    93 MX6 KLZE powered, obx udp, mx3 flywheel, spec stage 1. Current best 1/4 14.8@93.09 w/ none workin vris but more to come over the summer

wow im speechless!!

Comment

off to small claims court

Comment

That is a breach of their posted warranty policy based on what is posted on their website. have your ASE Certified mechanic submit to them his installation procedures to verify all their stipulations were followed, and that their replacement motor was bad.

Speak with Arash directly, mention that you are a member of the PT forums.

Had the original engine failed within your warranty period and you contacted them they would have been responsible for replacing the original engine with only a shipping charge to you.

Bear in mind Noyan sending a replacement engine after the warranty period expired at a discounted rate is not within their posted warranty rules.

HOWEVER, this replacement motor being DOA IS covered under their public access warranty policy. And should be covered with you incurring only shipping charges as long as you can submit to them the PICS of the motor in question and verify the serial number (block stamp) on the back of the motor.

Speak with Arash directly, and don't take no for an answer.
        ¶¶¶ Spyder Mica Metallic1994 PGT ZE-T04E Intercooled @ 6 psi.. ----- Sold within NEPO and PT
        ¶¶¶ Arancio Atlas Metallic1995 PGT NOVI 1000 Intercooled @ 10psi. ----- STUPID FAST
        ¶¶¶ Verde Mica Metallic 1993 PGT Modified, Sanctified, Retired. ----- Damn I miss her.

Comment

yea thats kinda messed up...my cousin bought a ZE from ebay and the motor took a crap right after the warranty period....

Comment

And I was just thinking about ordering a ZE from them
            '94 Mx6 RS: 4-2-1 header, custom CAI, Megan front/rear Strut bars. GONE
            '96 Mx6 LS M-Edition: GReddy EVO2 catback, HS CAI w/K&N, PRD RSB, KVR rotors & pads, SS brakelines, Tokico HPs w/ Eibach Springs, Autometer Z-series oil pres, water temp and volts in dash. TOTALED
            '99 Audi A4 2.8q

Comment

Eather someone had the music too loud or just didnt care about the sudden racket because that piston had the piss beat out of it! Iv seen alot of blown motors.. Iv seen nos motors with less piston damage! that sucks. DOA.. make em give up a new motor or youll have a lawer contact em lol
              CAI, Headers + Custom Exaust, VRIS Led, Fog lamp mod, Soundsys, Cooling fan mod, Cluster face upgrades, Improved current carrying cabling, Delphi auto dim rearview, custom strut bars, 200k and counting, and still beat the snots out of it every drive.

Comment

Of all the many many many, many many motors I've installed from Noyan for people on and off Probetalk, I've had to go back and replace only 2 that developed problems within their warranty period; and both were replaced with no problems from Noyan.

Both developed Rod knock after initial start up. Noyan cannot control the condition of the internals, they do not build the motors; they can only honor their warranty covering them.
                ¶¶¶ Spyder Mica Metallic1994 PGT ZE-T04E Intercooled @ 6 psi.. ----- Sold within NEPO and PT
                ¶¶¶ Arancio Atlas Metallic1995 PGT NOVI 1000 Intercooled @ 10psi. ----- STUPID FAST
                ¶¶¶ Verde Mica Metallic 1993 PGT Modified, Sanctified, Retired. ----- Damn I miss her.

Comment

Originally posted by TravisWilliams_GT
                  Of all the many many many, many many motors I've installed from Noyan for people on and off Probetalk, I've had to go back and replace only 2 that developed problems within their warranty period; and both were replaced with no problems from Noyan.

Both developed Rod knock after initial start up. Noyan cannot control the condition of the internals, they do not build the motors; they can only honor their warranty covering them.
                  btw: Manish... His engine is from noyan, and that thing is just blazing fast.
                  Last edited by KevinD; January 30, 2007, 08:56 PM.
                  J.D.

Hit me up on FaceBook OR FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER BITCHES!!

Comment

another reason not to buy a ze. I know if I was in japan and the government paid me to rid my car after 30k I wouldn't ever change the oil either

Comment

I was checking out their site out of curiosity and if they did a compression test on all cylinders wouldnt the bad piston show low compression? Unless the piston rings were changed. I mean that kinda wear should have showed up in a compression test, that in believing the piston got destroyed after installing the motor.

Most of our engines and transmissions have around 45,000 miles on them and are put through a leakdown/compression test for quality assurance. Check out our engine testing page for more details. Some of our difficult to find engines and transmissions may have slightly higher mileage do to customer demand.
                      1993 Ford Probe GT
                      1972 Plymouth Satellite

Comment

I got my ze from enginesus and it came in excellent condition! It even came with a JE-50 and intake elbow, stock clutch with barely any wear at all any. TO me it seemed to have less than 5K of wear on it...and it was the stock clutch (according to my mechanic) and absolutely no burning oil or leaking at all over all very happy
                        1998 SVT Cobra Flowmaster, K & N filter....73K miles and running strong!

Comment

Hey, really sorry to hear that. i bought one from them late December. just got to install it last week. so far so good. but im now sceptical. engine looked really clean. compression was great. 235 cross the board. EXCEPT #1. it had slightly less. 220. Yeah, still good comp. but makes me wonder Y the others have even pressure and #1 doesnt. Any comments or ideas.

Comment

Three years ago this summer, I had a ZE from them that had rod knock, the engine ran for a few minutes before finally seizing. Dealing with them about warranties is a pain in the ass. After 3 months of them telling me they didn't have a replacement engine they could send me, I insisted on a full refund, I finally got that another 2 months later. I will never deal with that company again.
                            2010 Toyota Prius III
                            2014 Honda Odyssey

Former Cars:
                            2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3 - totaled, flood
                            1996 Probe GT - traded in
                            1991 Probe LX - totaled, rear ended

Comment

Alright so after months of fussing with the credit card company I first received a letter saying that I never sent all of the paper they requested when I did. So I then re-sent all the paper work once again and after about 30 days I got another letter in the mail stating this case is closed and will no longer be dissputed and the $450 will not be refunded so Im screwed now.

I just got to the motor today to finally wrip it apart and this is all what i found.
                              The cylinder wall has some deep deep gashes in it and the head for it is all torn up.
                              This is the first pic of when I first took the head off
                              http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...k/IMG_3618.jpg
                              http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...k/IMG_3621.jpg
                              http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...k/IMG_3619.jpg
                              http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...k/IMG_3622.jpg
                              93 MX6 KLZE powered, obx udp, mx3 flywheel, spec stage 1. Current best 1/4 14.8@93.09 w/ none workin vris but more to come over the summer

Comment

Working...
                              X