Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranny fluid flush

Stated in a closed thread,,,,

6. If you've never had the tranny flushed before by a shop, it's too late to have it flushed. Flushing a tranny when it's in its higher mileage and when it's never been flushed before will result in transmission failure. Best you can do is drop the pan, replace the filter and do a drain/fill.

My engine says it has 34000 miles, can I still flush it? Can I flush it myself? I know it pretty much says no, but i still have low mileage.

also "An ATX holds 8.8L of ATF, draining the pan & changing the mesh filter does not remove all the old fluid & clutch/band wear particles. There is no Torque-Convertor Drain plug. The solution, best done by a Main Dealer & specifically requested, is remove oil cooler flexible lines, add extensions to two large clean 15L buckets. Fill one with 12L of ATX, put the intake hose into this, with another person, start the engine and pump in the new ATF until the exiting fluid runs clear. Done. You can buy ATF in a 20L drum much cheaper than the small 1L/1Q bottles incidentally. Everything must be kept perfectly clean to avoid dirt/contamination. Even Main Dealers do not always perform a total fluid change - specific it."

Is that the flush, or is that just how I should normally change the fluid?
    Last edited by Horror Angel; April 16, 2009, 10:06 AM.
    Automatic 97 Ford Probe GT 54,000 miles original engine n stuff.
Working...
X