Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody in SC want a set of FD rims with tires??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by livingsacrifice View Post
    Which pressure washer did you buy?
    http://m.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-1600-...1600/205566079

Works pretty well. I got that since its so small it doesn't take up much space. Has a really long cord which helps negate it being electric. Waiting on the cannon to ship from amazon and I'll try it out and let ya know how that goes.

Autopia had another 20% sale over the weekend so I picked up another batch of stuff (mostly interior / tire & wheel stuff) so my plan is to start tomorrow (maybe tonight) with everything. Show is on the 15th so I want to do it in small pieces (so as to not pull a Summer and spend 16h detailing a car). Then I have to decide if I want to put it up and put the twins on or if I want to hold out for nice weather and do that closer to December...
    Lots of cars... none of which are a Probe...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShadowSE View Post
      http://m.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-1600-...1600/205566079

Works pretty well. I got that since its so small it doesn't take up much space. Has a really long cord which helps negate it being electric. Waiting on the cannon to ship from amazon and I'll try it out and let ya know how that goes.

Autopia had another 20% sale over the weekend so I picked up another batch of stuff (mostly interior / tire & wheel stuff) so my plan is to start tomorrow (maybe tonight) with everything. Show is on the 15th so I want to do it in small pieces (so as to not pull a Summer and spend 16h detailing a car). Then I have to decide if I want to put it up and put the twins on or if I want to hold out for nice weather and do that closer to December...
      16hrs isn't impossible for detailing a car. But I'd say just a compound, claybar and wax job you're looking at quite a few hours. If I had a garage I would love to do that stuff. Maybe soon.

Detailing a Viper might be a challenge though, good luck.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

04 Subaru Impreza WRX WRB sold to smurphsprobe

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

16hrs isn't impossible for detailing a car. But I'd say just a compound, claybar and wax job you're looking at quite a few hours. If I had a garage I would love to do that stuff. Maybe soon.

Detailing a Viper might be a challenge though, good luck.
        Oh I know it's not impossible to spend 16h on it. I've seen summer do it multiple times haha. But since I keep the interiors of my cars spotless anyway I'm only really focusing on the exterior and trying to do a "good" job. I'll really go overboard when I do the turbo install. I basically have to take off the sides of the car anyway so that is the perfect time to do everything. I am also thinking of painting the rear bumper so that might come off too. I'll post up some pics in a few about what I am considering...

Comment

• Lol at 16 hr car detailing. It's hard work when doing it all by hand! The car suddenly seems 50 times bigger when you're halfway through the first panel and you've already been going at it for an hour, haha.
          ~SumR
          I don't own a car anymore and it's weird.

Comment

• Yay, I love prepping for evacuations

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• Even Columbia has been shutting down schools and some businesses, seems a little excessive... Hopefully nothing too crazy happens.
              ~SumR

Comment

• Originally posted by Snorb93GT View Post
                Even Columbia has been shutting down schools and some businesses, seems a little excessive... Hopefully nothing too crazy happens.
                Everyone up here has changed from to ever since they said it was likely to get pushed out (or circle back).

Comment

• Everyone good post-hurricane?
                  ~SumR

Comment

• Daylin hasn't been on since the 5th in the morning. The charleston area got pretty good flooding from what I saw on the news. Thought he evacuated earlier though.

Comment

• Yeah, seemed like most people took the evacuation orders seriously, so that's good. Hope all is well... Hurry up and update us, Daylin!
                      ~SumR

Comment

• Happy 8th Birthday, Thread

Comment

• Originally posted by ShadowSE View Post
                          Happy 8th Birthday, Thread
                          It is truly mind-blowing that this thread has been going on for almost a decade.

We old.
                          ~SumR

Comment

• Originally posted by Snorb93GT View Post
                            Yeah, seemed like most people took the evacuation orders seriously, so that's good. Hope all is well... Hurry up and update us, Daylin!
                            It wasn't too bad. I fled to this small town called Edgefield, SC... about 30min from Augusta, GA. My girlfriends family lives there so I had a place to stay. It was all good there through the weekend. Most hotels in the entire SC state were booked by Tuesday and by Thursday-Friday all you could find was some hotels on the other side of Atlanta.

The good thing was that the governor opened both lanes outgoing during the evacuation orders. The bad thing, on Sunday coming back they only had your normal interstate lanes so everyone was coming back and it made the traffic horrible. Like I heard some people driving from Columbia to Charleston took 5 hours! We took back roads and it took us about 3 to 4 hours out of a typical 2.5, not too bad, but we also left earlier.

It was just TONS of downed trees, power lines, etc. Many people were without power for 24hrs so they had to toss all of the things out of the fridge, and grocery stores didn't even get fully stocked back up until yesterday. They closed schools on Monday as a precaution but besides that it was still good. I was just glad I had Monday off as a federal holiday, it was my only weekend day I didn't work.

As far as I know the areas hit the hardest was Hilton Head with places covered in 3-4ft of water. Parts of Mount Pleasant was still without power for a while, I think it was repaired yesterday.
                            Last edited by livingsacrifice; October 11, 2016, 06:46 AM.

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

• I guess this topic is officially dead after how many years now?

2016 Subaru WRX Premium

97 Probe 2.0L GONE

Comment

I guess this topic is officially dead after how many years now?

Never!

Comment

Working...
                                X