No announcement yet.

My 94' probe after 9 years of ownership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the car man. Just curious but to date how much $$$ would you say you have invested to get the car to this point? Mine is coming along very slowly...

Comment

dont ask, probably 2-3 times what i purchased/fixed it for originally (purchased damaged and repaired it to save $$$), bear in mind im in Australia so prices are at least 2x that of the same parts in the US. But its never been about the money, its a learning experience and i have no regrets. All builds take time just remember never to rush anything as thats where things start to go wrong. If you start off small and work your way up, my first mod was clear corners now i can rebuild an engine, boost it, megasquirt and tune it almost with my eyes closed and im still no professional that's for sure.

just waiting for the day to take it to the track boosted!
      Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
      Turbocharged - 06' WRX: 3" exh, ECUTEK ROM, MRT intercooler, VF34 pic
      Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

Nice Ride!
        94 Probe SE
        91 Civic EF Hatchback

Comment

It really stinks I can't see photobucket pics on my work computer -_-
          1995 Probe GT. Colt 218* cams, Tein SS Coilovers with EDFC, K6F trailing arms, CZT traction bars, ZE Intake Manifold, Milly MAF/OBDII swap, GReddy SP1, Probe Addiction Strut braces, RX8 Seats, PRD STS, PRD door sills, ACT 6puck, MFactory LSD,Built trans, Euro tails and corners, Walbro 255, and more to come
          Stage 3 Audi S4 pushing about 425awhp

Comment

Old thread, but always loved this car. Was this the one that got sold semi-recently or do you still own is, Stoker? I like the clean setup of the breather filters on your intake pipe, and I definitely need to get me one of those oil caps.

PS. If you still own it, a Mach1 lip would look amazing on this car!
            1996 Probe GT - Bought April 2010, Boosted August 2014
            Fast FC04 18x9, Black Leather, King6, ADDCO, AWR, Yonaka, Quad J30s, AVC Pipes, Tial WG, Greddy BOV, Aeromotive AFPR, MS1v3
            1993 Probe GT - 110k, auto, parts car
            2011 Impreza Limited Hatchback - Daily, Lowered, WRX Wheels & Wing

Comment

Thanks, this car hasnt been sold (ill probably never sell it). Currently working on dual feed fuel setup then going to fit the supercharger overdrive pulley and changing my sc inlet pipes. Been boosted for 1.5 years without any issues.
              Supercharged - 94' PGT: ZE, MS2, W/M Injection, weight reduced, manual steering because weekend race car! mods and pics thread
              Nitrous Oxide - 79' Yamaha QT50 'Yamahopper' 70cc, MLM pipe, VM18 carb, dual stage reeds etc. pic

Comment

since the site is so quite i thought id update some of my pics in the original post. Car has had very few issues since being boosted besides a leaky bypass valve. latest mod was a 36:1 tooth 160ish mm supercharger OD pulley, boost went up from 3.5PSI to 5PSI but i have not tested it since fixing the leaky valve, hoping for 6-7PSI.

Future plans include retarding the mechanical timing of the cams, purchasing wheels/tires to suit the occasional track day and modifying the SC intake to take the bypassed air back in.

Comment

Very cool man. I had the M62 with overdrive crank a while back... was super fun to cruise at like 3krpm turn on the supercharger and feel the sudden SURGE of power!
                  Beautiful Beast- 1997 PGT in process of becoming an SC/NA Beast...
                  Elo- 1990 BMW 325i weekend car
                  Brunhilde- 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 6-speed daily driver
                  The Beast- Sleeping in the junkyard...

Comment

More pics of the thruster !
                    1994 Project PGT

M62 In Progress...

Comment

Originally posted by Brizzy View Post
                      More pics of the thruster !

or just look in here:
                      http://s299.photobucket.com/user/sto...?sort=3&page=1

Thanks guys, looks like 5.1PSI is all im going to get with the OD pulley, no leaks. did the measurements/math and its only revving up to 11,400rpm when the engine is at 7,000rpm so there is a little more it can go but it will do for now.

Comment

Dig it
                        Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin out over the line
                        PRD - The original Ford Probe Aftermarket, THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD RUN
                        1999-2013 : 14 Years of supporting the Probe community
                        1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo | 2000 Jaguar XJ8 | 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer | 1930 Model A Hotrod | 2005 VW Touareg V8

Comment

about time i updates this thread again, original post has all the changes. Car is driven twice a week and has been treating me really well the last few years of boosting at 6PSI

Comment

Still love the intake.
                            Probe out for Harambe
                            94 PGT KLZE http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...psr6dk8q1m.jpg
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aauXMeITcdM

Comment

Working...
                            X