Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saved another and gained a black one finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work, man! What all do you lack on getting it running?
    I'm the 626 guy. DOWN FOR A REBUILD 11.8:1 comp build .020 pistons race cams MSPNP coming hopefully running by the end of the year check my YOUTUBE page

Comment

Originally posted by blac_shine007 View Post
      Nice work, man! What all do you lack on getting it running?
      1) Routing and Connecting engine bay harness

2) repairing a few wires inside that were modified (hacked) for the electric conversion

3) Suspension pieces (currently debating installing the Mazdaspeed 6 rotors/calipers or sticking with standard since I have a full set of yellow zinc plated cross drilled and slotted rotors) I kind of would like to save the 6 stuff for the blue car restoration

4) Engine bay detailing (in work -to include replacement of much of the engine bolts as possible with restored zinc plated bolts)

5) Mounting of HEI unit with proper grounding to chassis

6) Finishing out the fuel system and mounting the tank (which already has a stealth pump installed)

7) Exhaust!

8) Tires

9) Re-installing seats

That is just the list to get it running. However, it will never be finished because there is a never-ending list of things that I want to do to it and also to try out on it.

Got my Mach 1 lip installed this weekend. Nobody ever mentioned how difficult it is to install them. I think if there isn't one -I should make a How To! But I like it a lot because one of my bumper mounting tabs that ties in the corner at the wheel well -was broken off and when I mounted the lip to it and picked up the 10mm bolt attachment hole from the missing tab -it became secured once again! I used the included mounting screws to both sides of the bolt (forward and aft towards the wheel well) and with one even near the very ends of the lip.

I also didn't know about how the bumper had to be notched due to the uneven surface near the edges of the OEM air inlet and the difference in radius towards the front corners -and how that also required notches to allow the lip to have a larger radius and match up with the Probe bumper radius.

It was also very difficult to find the center of the lip to line it up on the center of the bumper. It took me three attachments to get it close enough so that any non-symmetry would never be noticed.

I plan to finish it off with a good bead of black silicone so that junk will not get wedged between in the small crack. The Mach 1 lip looks so good and so OEM for a Probe. My wife asked me what I was doing underneath the bumper and I told her that I was installing the lip and then pointed to it. Her reply was "oh -I thought that was part of the car -it just looks like it came that way". That is the reply that I like to hear.

Last edited by KLZE Porsche; July 17, 2017, 07:57 AM.
      Success is a measure of determination!
      Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
      $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
      Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
      Restoration of a legend

Comment

Daaaaaayyym KLZE, thats lookin good.

Comment

Originally posted by J_Unit View Post
          Daaaaaayyym KLZE, thats lookin good.
          Thanks!

Here are some shots of the underside for the lip installation.

Picked up bolt hole to compensate for missing bumper mounting tab:

Notches that I had to make for the two to conform to each other:

Last edited by KLZE Porsche; July 22, 2017, 07:52 AM.
          Restoration of a legend

Comment

Whats that black heat-sinked device you have bracketed up inside the bumper? Some kind of fog lamp?
            DRIVE IT LIKE YOU BUILT IT!!
            94 Probe GT..no engine!

96 Probe GT now with full-forged KLZE ..8psi untuned and buck wildCarDomain page

Comment

Originally posted by MSDKLZE View Post
              Whats that black heat-sinked device you have bracketed up inside the bumper? Some kind of fog lamp?
              Covert LED high Beams:

Restoration of a legend

Comment

It's been a while since I have done any work on this one due to lots of life's little unforeseeable events. Changed jobs again due to lack of work. Now new job is minimum of 60 hrs per week (did 74.5 my first week there). Then I came down with the worst flu I have had in a very long time. I thought I was going to die.

And then to top it all off -while I was sick and making my way home after being released from work to avoid contamination to others -I was hit nearly head-on by a driver that tried to cross the highway with a school bus totally blocking his view and mine. He obviously didn't care if there was oncoming highway speed traffic. Fortunately for me -I was only doing between 45 and 50 mph to make my exit towards my home.

P.S. It was me in the Mazda 3 vs. a 2016 Ford F250 dually HD. Believe it or not -the Mazda 3 won that battle. His entire front end looked like he ran head on into a garbage truck. The Mazda 3 front bumper was peeled back towards the passenger side and the driver's fender was smashed in -and the the front wheel pushed back against the rear of the wheel wheel. I was very impressed with the Mazda crash protection. I only had air bag and seat belt pain for a few days.

These are a couple of the most recent pics before I stopped on it. I had done some new work like finishing up a bunch of the wiring and sealing the Mach 1 lip to the bumper with black silicone. There is now no gap and I did a very smooth seamless job so that the silicone is not noticeable.

Last edited by KLZE Porsche; April 28, 2018, 08:37 AM.
                Restoration of a legend

Comment

Glad to hear you're ok. Excited to see more updates!
                  Beautiful Beast- 1997 PGT in process of becoming an SC/NA Beast...
                  Elo- 1990 BMW 325i weekend car
                  Brunhilde- 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 6-speed daily driver
                  The Beast- Sleeping in the junkyard...

Comment

Lookin' at that last pic -I think I need to paint that steering pump fluid cooler. It just stands out too much. Got to make that go away with some paint.
                    Restoration of a legend

Comment

Looking good.
                      1994 Project PGT

M62 In Progress...

Comment

Glad to hear that accident wasn't any worse.
                        '94 Red PGT Gone, but Project PGT has begun
                        '04 Black SRT-4 Um, no it's not stock. But "It's just a Neon, right?" 379whp @ 20lbs *Sold*

Comment

Originally posted by Greg 94 PGT View Post
                          Glad to hear that accident wasn't any worse.
                          I used to think that I was invincible and that I could avoid accidents just by my pure driving skills. NOT!

School bus was totally blocking my view of seeing that someone was about to make a really stupid mistake. It happened in less than a half second. I only saw a very brief flash of black before I awoke in pain against the steering wheel.

And my last accident that totaled my million mile probe was because there was a narrow rain runoff on a banked turn where it must have been significantly deep and it looked like the rest of the wet road. I barely remember hitting it and then again -also woke up as they were loading me onto an ambulance.

My dad (who is very wise) once told me that there is no way I will avoid ever having a major accident. He said that everyone does at some point in their life because there are things that you just cannot avoid. Now I creep very slowly around school buses or garbage trucks when at highway speed because you never know when someone will pull something extremely stupid and try to jet across the highway in front of that huge obstruction like trying to beat a train at a railroad crossing.
                          Restoration of a legend

Comment

Originally posted by KLZE Porsche View Post
                            My dad (who is very wise) once told me that there is no way I will avoid ever having a major accident. He said that everyone does at some point in their life because there are things that you just cannot avoid.
                            Unfortunately, I think the chances are increasing with all of these people driving while screwing around on their phones. I think they are worse than "most" drunk drivers, at least the drunks are looking at the road.
                            '94 Red PGT Gone, but Project PGT has begun
                            '04 Black SRT-4 Um, no it's not stock. But "It's just a Neon, right?" 379whp @ 20lbs *Sold*

Comment

Originally posted by Greg 94 PGT View Post
                              Unfortunately, I think the chances are increasing with all of these people driving while screwing around on their phones. I think they are worse than "most" drunk drivers, at least the drunks are looking at the road.
                              I will totally agree. I can't tell you how many times I have been nearly plowed over by "texters". At least the states and cops are starting to crack down on it some.

I would like to see more undercover cars looking specifically for texting and ass-hat car yankers. If they could just ticket and fine those two major offenders -I think their revenues would increase significantly and accidents due to either would decrease. I think it is more of a threat these days that speeders. Most of the speeders are focused on driving.
                              Last edited by KLZE Porsche; May 1, 2018, 04:28 PM.
                              Restoration of a legend

Comment

Working...
                              X