New build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New build

Like it says once I get my probe done I have another project lined up. I am building a KL powered 30's ford rat rod. De motor mated (which is going to be hard) to a 4 speed overdrive ford tranny. Goodies will include full interior, ps, small ice system, tractor parts and who else knows what.

In put would be cool, and don't worry I don't mind constructive critism!!
    I think it's an obsession!
    http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/911982_1

Sorry to open up with constructive criticism.

Why not just go with a more powerful V8? I mean, I know KLs are cool and all, and it would be awesome to see a KL in something like that, but don't you think its gonna be hard to make it go fast enough to really be considered a hot rod? It will be pretty heavy, and the DE motor doesn't make power or torque like a V8. I just think your power/weight ratio is gonna be weak.

Now, if you are just trying to be unique, this would be the ultimate KL/car combination, but I just don't see it being very fast.

Unless you build the motor and boost it with a fat supercharger. Have a big-ass blower sticking up out of the hood, then people would see the tiny little V6 underneath it... awesome. And with a different tranny, you wouldn't have to worry about limiting the power to what the stock gears can handle before blowing up.

Maybe this isn't such a bad idea after all...
    Last edited by 94mx6lsze; August 19, 2011, 11:12 AM.
    Currently: 1994 MX6 RS - KLZE. Too many mods.

1989 PGT - BLACK - Near perfect paint, body completely straight. 155,967 mi. Sitting in a garage since 2000. Bought for $600. Engine rebuild in progress. Coming soon to a kill story thread near you!!!

Comment

Well it is going to be light! I mean really fricken light. The reason for the KL is because I have one lying around and they are good on gas. It hope to make this my DD instead of my probe. The tranny is orginally from a ford 300 six.

Being a ford guy the KL also fits nicely. I am also using the probe steering, front suspension, seats, engine, ecu harness, ecu, and rear wiper motor, for the front!

Other parts include, a steering wheel and column from a John Deere B, headlights from a Ford 9N, a case raditotor cover, farmall radiator, and much more. Stay tuned, pics and build thread within the year! FYI the probe is coming along well also.

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Maybe this isn't such a bad idea after all...[/QUOTE]

My sediments exact!
      I think it's an obsession!
      http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/911982_1

Comment

Working...
      X