Will It Blend? KLZE piston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will It Blend? KLZE piston

dont know if we have a "general automotive" section so I put it here...bought 2 ze's from a guy a while ago, ripped the motors apart about 6 months ago, just found the pics tonight. What you see here is about 1/2 of a KLZE piston with about 1/8th of a rod lol...I don't know how you can damage a piston so bad...

http://i.imgur.com/TII0k.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/kaHkn.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/zBnuF.jpg

Results: Yes, it will blend.
    CobraR, Toyo, Yonaka, Badlanz (Check their exhaust cut outs!), Goodridge, Bully, Fidanza, AWR, OBX, APR, Megan, 06 Mazda 6 BBK, Carbotech.

Ford badged, Mazda Powered.

Goodddaaammn!!! That looks like a slushy rather than a piston lmao! What the hell happened to that engine? Did you or the last guy race with it or something?

Comment

I don't know but I'm pretty sure he blew it at 7k rpm and just kept flooring it to 7k rpm even after the piston had ripped off.... There were piston fragments in the friggin heads lol...I actually sold the other heads like an idiot... I wanted to keep one set. Then I rip the heads off only to find that lol....the valves couldn't close/open anymore on that cylinder cuz they were bent (3 of 4) ...I mean the kl's can take some pretty good beating...so how the flugglehorn does someone manage this kind of damage? I really don't know man....it was an mx-3 guy though, so that might be it
      CobraR, Toyo, Yonaka, Badlanz (Check their exhaust cut outs!), Goodridge, Bully, Fidanza, AWR, OBX, APR, Megan, 06 Mazda 6 BBK, Carbotech.

Comment

wow. i bet that rod bolt floating in the bottom of the pan had something to do with it. lol
        PaTricK
        ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

KLZE are junk and over rated, ill never get one.
          Leo
          94 PGTze - sold vid 1 vid 3 vid 2
          98 Pontiac firebird formula WS6 the race car.
          95 PGT-T..AKA..The ReD GhoSt KLDE turbo Built by me ..sold

Comment

Boosted? (have you seen my thread about boosted engine carnage)

Dropped a valve?
            94 PGT -T, Used to be quick

94 Black PGT, KLZE, spun bearing, Likely parts car for life

Comment

Originally posted by ShexSlow View Post
              KLZE are junk and over rated, ill never get one.
              obviousely you have never removed a good running DE, and installed a ZE. believe me. the difference is more then just a little. there not over rated.

and the onlything junk about the ZE's is the springs and retainers. which you just swap from your original DE before you slap it in. then you enjoy a 25hp+ bump without a single mod.
              PaTricK
              ~ 92 PGT, 97 KL MTX 626, 05 Mazda6, 13 Mazda CX9, 09 Kia Sportage 4x4 v6 ~

Comment

Motor was not boosted and no valves were dropped lol. (The couldn't close, but they didnt drop XD )

Comment

Lol my buddy blew his rod right threw the block so funny...

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

My first zero blew up also... they are fast till they spin a rod

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

My probe is up for sale check out the ad on kijiji make me a offer...

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ415344927

Comment

Working...
                  X