Engine Light checking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Light checking?

I was just wondering how you check the code of the engine light so you know whats wrong. I got my tranny replaced about 6 months ago because it decided to die on me and when i got it back the engine light was on and the mechanics told me that since they werent a certified mazda dealer they couldnt turn it off so I thought nothing of it. Then i read in the manual that you can reset the engine light by disconnecting the battery and holding the brake for 10 sec. so i tried this and the light light stayed off for like 10 min of driving then came back on. Usually also it will not come on for about 1 min after start-up (unless i do the brake thing) i dont know if that means anything. But i was just wondering if you guys think its something besides what the mechanic told me like the O2 sensor or what so back to my main question how do you check to tell what the light means?
    93 MX-6 LS... Custom CAI, Pacesetter Catback, Pacesetter Headers, CATCO High Flow Cat, P&P Intake Manifold w/ Spacers, Coned Throttle Body, Front Strut Tower Bar, IAT mod, and two Mazdaspeed stickers. Soon to have FPR and UDP.

http://home.golden.net/~trinity/
    "of course there's gonna be problems"

Comment

great answer :smile: click on MALF codes on the left, all you need is a paperclip!
      1993 Ford Probe GT - KLDE + N2O
      228 whp 241 wtq - 2340 lb race weight
      ATX - 13.44@105.1 MTX - 13.35@106.1

Comment

Working...
      X