Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not all kids are irresponsible in High School. My first car was a 1986 ford thunderbird making 350hp and 425 ftlbs out of a 5.0 HO 5 speed with a 3.45 to 1 posi-track rear. I drove that car, and never abused it. I had it until some idiot rear-ended me at a stop light.

One bad decision doesn't mean the guy was irresponsible. I'm glad your ok and were able to share this with us!

Mike

Comment

I was out of highschool and in college...bought it MYSELF without ANY help from my parents but it could've happened in a ford tempo. The power isn't what hurt me, my stupidity did!
      1996 PGT-Eibach/Illumina, Addco, PRD RSTB, Test pipe, Borla catback, Hotshot CAI, XTD FW, Exedy Stg.1 clutch...soon new rims & tires

Awaiting-Headers, STS, Mazda 626 brakes, SS brake lines, N2O, stereo upgrades, Crystal headlights, clear corners, 2.5" exhaust

Comment

i cant say the same thign happened to my family but almost did. my uncle has a 2005 mustang gt with a tune. and he was racing a 2001 camaro ss and inching to about 140 and being door to door my uncle decided to let off coming into the turn. a guy seen what was happening and pulled out on the highway(senior people). so my uncle down shifted into 4th gear at 130 and kicked the back end of the car out. and scared the shit out of him. ever since that day any time he races he stops at the end of 3rd(110).

glad your ok man

Comment

crazy dude your car was ****ed. killer song by the way
          2000 AUDI S4- twin turbo, quattro.
          1989 PGT - Probinator Chip, MBC@15-17 psi, Boost Gauge, Custom CAI, Reactive Cone Filter, Greddy Type RS BOV, MSD Blaster 2 Coil, 2.5" Turbo back magnaflow exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedInduction View Post
            Yeh im not trying to be a dick but he is right. High school kids getting fast cars when they are young, and can think they can beat anything on the road.

At least you made it, and you didn't kill anyone else with your poor decisions.
            Yeah...my first car was a 1g DSM, bought it for $3,000 before I had a license, slowly modded/built it up over the next year so I would have a car for my senior year. Looking back, and it was only a few years ago, I am lucky I didn't kill myself in that thing.

To the OP, my mistake on judging you, you just looked really young in the pics lol.
            1973 Dodge Demon: 360, Comp Cam .480, Performer intake, Edelbrock 750 4barrel vac. secondaries, dual flowmasters on stock 3.55's.

1990 Eagle Talon Tsi: 6/4 combo, EvoIII 16g, 14psi, otherwise stock.

Comment

also learned this lesson at 90 mph in my 98 svt contour i loved that car man, things like this make you grow up real fast. no seatbelt only one scratch on my leg, i think god helped. glad you werent injured as well

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/s...7/DCFC0013.jpg
              http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/s...7/DCFC0012.jpg
              http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/s...7/DCFC0011.jpg
              Last edited by Ford427; March 12, 2009, 07:18 PM.
              89 PGT: DD, stock until spring

Comment

I’m glad you made it and what happened sucks. I race on the street and the track. Do I think its dangerous yes. Is it stupid yeah. But I have to thank my thrill of racing and being in the car scene in general. Most of my friends before I was on Probe Talk or was into cars are burnt out drug pushers or users. By avoid that life style and getting involved in this life style it really saved me. I’m not saying it’s safer but to me personally id rather be doing this then that. Like I said before there is a time and a place for things your decisions is what ultimately get you in trouble.
                The come back kid
                96 Ford Probe Turboed 12.202 @ 118.74 R.I.P
                97 Mx-6 all motor 13.7 @ 98 parted out
                88 Mx-6 Turbo Classic 14.5@93 SOLD
                93 323 hatchV6 turbo! To be announced

Comment

that sucks.
                  but glad ur ok.

Comment

wow ive been in 2 accidents 1 could of been fatal.. thank god bro u made it! id be praying everyday if i was u! srt4 is one of my dream cars btw. aside the new SHO coming out..

Comment

This video has definitely made me think of my own driving habits. Thank you and thank god you survived. Most aren't as lucky.

Comment

Yeah i think that should open some eyes!

* It sure did mine!!
                        Last edited by PSimon; April 10, 2009, 02:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

man glad your ok...let me ask you this did you have stock suspension.....and did you also have the stock bike tires (205s), the reason i ask is i had 2 srts and they are the worst handeling cars in the stock forum...

again glad your ok

Comment

All I can take away from this is FWD sucks.

Comment

arnt srts all wheel drive?
                              93 pgt= yard ornament

proud owner since 1999

Comment

Originally posted by rajamit View Post
                                arnt srts all wheel drive?
                                No. they are fwd only.
                                DRIVE IT LIKE YOU BUILT IT!!
                                94 Probe GT..no engine!

96 Probe GT now with full-forged KLZE ..8psi untuned and buck wildCarDomain page

Comment

Working...
                                X