94 GTZE Complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 GTZE Complete

I've got a build thread going, however I want to keep that chronologically accurate for the purposes of looking back on it years from now. It'll be months before I get around to uploading and captioning all of the work that got me to where I am now. But I'm just too happy with the finished product and wanted to share it with the community. Technically I shouldn't say "complete", as she still needs tint and I'm in collection mode for my engine rebuild over the coming winter, but I'm done putting work into her until spring/summer are through. Our annual car cruise to Tail of the Dragon is next weekend and I've been using that as a deadline. Anyway, enough talking, here she is. Exactly what I've wanted for over a decade. Enjoy.

Quick prep work shots:

You get the point--onto the shoes. 18" VSR Stealths wrapped in Sumitomo zIIIs. 235/40/18 in the front on 8" rims & 245/40/18 on 9" rims in the back. Love the fitment with my Tokico fully adjustables. Also the mazda6 larger brakes upfront fill the wheel real nice.

And here she is. Finished product. The paint turned out awesome (minus one section on the fender where the paint reacted odd to the primer, she's back st the painters now getting fixed up. I'll pick her up Monday.) There were moments during the Build when I felt like it would never end and I'd never see my ideas come to fruition. So, it's a bit surreal to walk out to the garage and be greeted by the car of my dreams. Needless to say I'm proud to drive this car around town.

Very nice!
    Probe out for Harambe
    94 PGT KLZE http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...psr6dk8q1m.jpg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aauXMeITcdM

Comment

Awesome! Could use tint and to go a little lower, but very clean!
      Beautiful Beast- 1997 PGT in process of becoming an SC/NA Beast...
      Elo- 1990 BMW 325i weekend car
      Brunhilde- 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 6-speed daily driver
      The Beast- Sleeping in the junkyard...

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

Originally posted by proboner View Post
          Awesome! Could use tint and to go a little lower, but very clean!
          Thanks! I mentioned that she still needs tint and that's on the agenda for next week before the cruise. As for the ride height I think it's set perfect. I've got a fairly meaty tire on there and only two fingers of clearance between tire and fender. I will say that pictures don't necessarily do the fitment justice, as a lot of the angles cast a shadow on the top part of the tire making it look like there's more space than there really is. I over-exposed a couple pictures that give you a more realistic view of the fitment:

Comment

Looks great! Makes me want to work on mine
            97 pgt, manual swap, jdm lsd trans, cm stage 2 clutch, mx3 flywheel, cai

2001 626

Comment

Working...
            X