Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fixed exhaust leaks, installed 3" Exhaust!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixed exhaust leaks, installed 3" Exhaust!

Well, after about a year of riding around with bent greddy exhaust piping (I was hit in the rear and my piping was bent)...well all I have to say is WOW! I dont know if it is just me..I mean I still kept my 2.5" dynomax muffler to keep some backpressure until I install the turbo piping. BUT, all i have to say is that the 3" exhaust made a nice difference on NOS top-end Power....My car felt just as fast with a 55shot and the 3" than the 70shot with my old exhaust. now, Im running an 80shot and the car is FLYING...seriously...I need to go back to the track.....I FEEL that with this setup, a little weight reduction and those big 18" wheels off the car I should run a 13.5 with a good launch...time to go back to the track...ONE problem...tried to spray in first when it was a little wet out and ...hell no...spinning all the way through 1st and second with my 18's....
    Sorry for ranting but I also ran a z28 with this setup and another probe owner 95ProbeSS and By 4th gear all I saw was litte dots in my rear view...seriously running...cant wait to put in the Trubo..im almost there...Im going to miss that NOS......
    my email address is NOT working!

:sad: Who's going to accompany me every time i have to go get the bottle re-filled?
    2015 Audi Q3 - Stock |
    2017 Audi TTS - 034, Magnaflow |

Comment

Make sure you take it back to the track before you rip the kit off!!!!! Good Luck with the Ttttturbo!!
      WAGS

Comment

On 2001-06-04 13:07, 94BlueGT wrote:
        Make sure you take it back to the track before you rip the kit off!!!!! Good Luck with the Ttttturbo!!
        i second that. :smile:
        Jeff
        My Old Probe
        2002 Black Mica Protege - MSP Conversion (Minus boost)

Comment

How much was it to get it installed, is it mandral bent?

Comment

It was about $150 for the piping...no it is not mandrel bent...however..they did some pretty impressive bends with their bender...the smallest bend goes down to about 2 6/8"
            prtty much 3" the whole way Id say 2.8" at bends..not bad for $150

Comment

Was it just a normal exhaust shop?

Comment

I would venture to guess these results are had with headers and testpipe correct?

Comment

I dont have a test-pipe....I have full 3" coming right off of the pacesetter headers! And yes it is a nice increase!

Comment

On 2001-06-05 22:58, SpeedProbe wrote:
                    I dont have a test-pipe....I have full 3" coming right off of the pacesetter headers! And yes it is a nice increase!
                    Now that's cool, to bad that wouldn't pass the emission test here in MD!
                    WAGS

Comment

Yes...it is pretty cool...but it is vibrating on something...probably cause the piping is so large and is hitting the crossmember...I have to take it back and get it checked out..........

The exhaust shop is not the run of the mill shop....down in south florida there are a LOT of ricers....my cousins told me to go there....they all got their exhaust done there too....

Everytime I go there, no matter what time of the week it is I see at LEAST 2 people getting an aftermarket exhaust put on! haha

Comment

Working...
                      X