12,23,41. Whats going on i can't take it ne longer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12,23,41. Whats going on i can't take it ne longer

a couple of times i've noticed the rpms droping off real quick and returning to normal when i'm driving but it causes no porblems while driving ie; buking jerking etc. it haping 3 times. well 2day i was driving and it did that then like 30 seconds later it completely died , just died without warning, didn't chock nothing no bucking nothing just died, i pulled over tried strating and nothing happing then i pulled codes and got 17, 23 which we all know are the o2's cencors, after i reset the computer it started right up no problem, then i drove 1 block and same problem just this time it didn't give codes 17 23, it gave 41 which are vris, tried starting but didn't until i reset the computer, it will stay started without dieing, but when i drive 4 awhile it will die, i just replaced the disy with a autozone or kragen don't remember 3 months ago new plugs wires. I was told by a buddy of mine (not a probe guy) that it could be dirt in cloging the fuel filter then the car dies and the dirt falls and it will start again, i don't think so, i think it could be 2 things,
    1. disty.
    2. computer.

help because it's a freaking bitch and now i towed it to the body shop, to fix the body work while i figure this problem out,

car just dies no bucking jerking sputtering etc. whats the problem ???

Re: 12,23,41. Whats going on i can't take it ne longer

Originally posted by valant_94gt
    a couple of times i've noticed the rpms droping off real quick and returning to normal when i'm driving but it causes no porblems while driving ie; buking jerking etc. it haping 3 times. well 2day i was driving and it did that then like 30 seconds later it completely died , just died without warning, didn't chock nothing no bucking nothing just died, i pulled over tried strating and nothing happing then i pulled codes and got 17, 23 which we all know are the o2's cencors, after i reset the computer it started right up no problem, then i drove 1 block and same problem just this time it didn't give codes 17 23, it gave 41 which are vris, tried starting but didn't until i reset the computer, it will stay started without dieing, but when i drive 4 awhile it will die, i just replaced the disy with a autozone or kragen don't remember 3 months ago new plugs wires. I was told by a buddy of mine (not a probe guy) that it could be dirt in cloging the fuel filter then the car dies and the dirt falls and it will start again, i don't think so, i think it could be 2 things,
    1. disty.
    2. computer.

help because it's a freaking bitch and now i towed it to the body shop, to fix the body work while i figure this problem out,

car just dies no bucking jerking sputtering etc. whats the problem ???

Hello valant_94gt !!

Before you spend any big dough, I recommend to evaluate fuel pressure while idle and road drive. If you encounter a problem with FP, i.e. inconsistent pressure values or lack thereof, then the symptoms are somewhere in fuel system (pressure, backpressure due to restriction, FP regulator, injectors). Further investigation may pinpoint the problem.
    Second, it is vital that a proper distributer or an igniter module be installed with a proper spark plugs (gaps) and wires. Failure of compliance will generate a premature detereoration of a distributer as a whole unit or may fail an igniter module.

Good Luck!
    95 STze MTX Metallic red || 04 9-5 Aero Sport Combi MTX Charcoal Black || 08 Maloo R8 MTX Sky Blue
    "Age is not important unless you're a cheese."
    "Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't."
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience come from bad judgment."
    "... You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try."

Comment

if it was the fuel, like u say, then the car wouldn't idle very well. plus other than just idleing i can rev it with no problem. as for my plug gap their all where they should be, the wire are new ngk's and disty is kragen only thing not new is the rotor on the disty. if it were fuel pressure would't it idle bad ??for some reason this problem seems electrical,disyor computer someting like that.?? stillin the dark i gotta check everything.

Comment

ttt

Comment

i need some more help on this 1.. plzzzz

Comment

have you looked at your CAT lately?

I had similar problems, due to teh cat getting clogged... Once it heats up( after you drive around) the car would drive like ass... let it sit for a few minutes to cool down the car would start up fine and drive fine for soo long before it would do it agian...

ALso, you might want to check the integrity of your inertia switch in the rear hatch.. Make sure the wireing is not getting shorted out by corrosion... water can get in there form teh hatch area sometimes which leads to the switches failure... Thus the car will not run/shutoff...

Comment

sounds like the prob I had a couple of weeks ago.

try this,

when it cuts out and wont start, put a jumper wire in the diagnostic socket across the earth and fuel pump pins.
              pull the starter solenoid wire off the starter motor so it doesnt turn over, then turn the key as if you are gonna start it. the fuel pump should come on ( you can hear it near the rear driver wheel). if it doesnt, try hotwireing the emergency fuel cut out in the trunk, the wires on mine were giving a bad connection and was intermittently cutting off the fuel pump.

worth a shot I reckon

Comment

Working...
              X