Restoration of my probe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoration of my probe

This is just a small quick account on what im doing to restore my probe to her former glory

Basic things that need to be fixed.
    • Paint Work
    • Bumper needs to be painted
    • Door had crack in standard bodykit
    • Tail lights have acetone burns
    • Tail lights trim has to be painted.
    • Vinyl stripes have to be applied/fixed
    • Wheels have to be checked out if scratches can be fixed

These are just the small amount on the outside i need to fix.

First off are my tail lights as i had stains on them i had to wetsand them with 1000grit sandpaper to make them smooth and remove the stains.

So here they are sanded
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...ion/tails1.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...ion/tails3.jpg

And here it is after it's buffed to a glass finish
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...ion/tails4.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...ion/tails5.jpg

And soon i will have the centre reflector installed on my car again
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...ion/tails2.jpg
    The "PIMP MY PROBE" Project
    The First Electric Supercharged Probe
    Project and car is sadly dead

Woah, that looks way nice.

I want to do that to mine. What did you do?

And I have a 93, and I would like to get a center reflector on mine someday. Could anybody give me help on what to do to put a center reflector on a 93?
    Last edited by MattVoyage; April 21, 2009, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Im sorry to say we cant help all our probes were GTS models in australia we never had 93 tails i think 93 might have the holes missing for the reflector im not sure i think there is a thread in the appearence section that has a guide on how to install one on a 93

Comment

austloki has a gt reflector on his and i saw it the other day when i met him, he introduced me to the site when he sped past me hahaha, it made me jealous tho! how do i get one?

Comment

i sold my gt reflector to loki as i wanted to go back to stock but if i remember correctly it was either on ebay (go to ebay.com.au and search for probe reflector then on the side click international) or it was on this site in the for sale section but they usually dont come up that much i got mine for $100usd

Comment

cheers mate, will be on the lookout for one. ppl say probes arent too widespread in Aust but i live in a small city n so does austloki and theres one for sale down the road from my work, 2 others drivin around and one for sale bout 45 mins away from where i live. Also a few MX6's are around too.

Comment

only 2010 were sold in australia so there is very few left when you think how many have either died in crashes or have just rusted.

Comment

was there really? never knew that. thats pretty mad tho. not too many active aussie members here eh. alot of ppl wulda just flogged them off when buyin new cars n stuff cos there old enough now. do we have many probe meets n stuff here?

Comment

It use to be very active in 02 etc they guys had alot of meets but the founder had a stroke i believe then it died down after that.

This was before i joined i have been on a few cruises with the melb guys on mx6.com but they have stopped doing cruises aswell

Comment

ah that sucks dude, well closest i been to a probe cruise is drivin next to austloki haha.
                    tis a shame its died down tho. its impossible to get it goin again too eh.
                    ur car is sweet btw dude haha. hows it all lookin atm?

Comment

It looks total horsecrap i've been forced to work on my day off so i havent had time to do anything i was gonna have my tail lights trim painted and that would be done before i got hauled into work.

But in the next 3 weeks she will be better than ever with nice shiny paint which will look like glass like the tails so im told and some small parts like the paint flaking etc will be fixed.

Once that's done it's running wires for the supercharger and buying some batteries then it's suspension and im totally done on my car

Comment

that'd be sweet, ur like me mate i never hav a day off to work on it eh so ive done literally nothin wit my car since i got it except the sound system. if i get the manual it'll be motivation to get it better.

Comment

my sad dilemma is that i do 12hr shifts and they are day and night shifts so when i get home im just way to tired to even do anything

Comment

that wuld really suck dude. wat do you do?

Comment

I'm on a helpdesk and support quite a few customers on day and night shift

I'm ment to do 2 days then 2 nights and 4 days off but the 1st day off is at the end of a night shift so your sleeping through the day and you get dodged and i've either been stucking doing a mix of day and night shifts for 2 weeks straight or im forced to do extra shifts on my 4 days off which leaves me only 1 day off before i gotta work and im usually sleeping till 2pm and trying to stay up till i can sleep again and wake up at 4:40am

It really was a great job before they started streating us like crap and firing people so now it's just became bad but hey thats life

I will find time to get the car done just gotta find time to enjoy it

Comment

Working...
                              X