No announcement yet.

It's time to start playing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha fine, guess I'll have to just find out myself!
    Beautiful Beast- 1997 PGT in process of becoming an SC/NA Beast...
    Elo- 1990 BMW 325i weekend car
    Brunhilde- 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 6-speed daily driver
    The Beast- Sleeping in the junkyard...

Comment

Oh my goodness! What a huge amount of bolt. Good luck finding which one goes where

Comment

I will for sure follow this thread. It is nice to be back on here after so many years. I am doing a similar build myself. This makes me want to start a build thread.

Looks great so far!

Also...I love the ultrasonic cleaner idea. My wife has one she cleans her jewelry with. But.... I think I may have to purchase another one haha.
        Last edited by StreetThisMX6; February 3, 2017, 07:40 AM.
        2006 Evolution IX - Best ET: 8.92 // Best MPH: 166.85

Comment

Originally posted by Probesport View Post
          Can a gentleman tell where he got the zinc plating? And if you can tell where -then also -what kind of prep did you have to do to the HW before sending it in. I likely have at least that much HW in 20 or more plastic coffee cans decorating my shelves. I would love to get them all zinc plated and then filed away in labeled Ziplock bags.
          Last edited by KLZE Porsche; February 3, 2017, 11:07 AM.
          Success is a measure of determination!
          Bonneville Dreamer-(AKA Purple Pimp Mobile)
          $500 Gas-Electric-Gas Reconversion/Restoration
          Mini-me & 500k "Old Gal" RIP
          Restoration of a legend

Comment

I'd like to know as well honestly! I have enough hardware to stock an Ace Hardware for at least a year.

Comment

Inquiring minds would like to know! And I wasn't trying to know how much YOU paid so much as trying to get a general idea of zinc plating pricing... I imagine this is on a $/lb basis?

StreetThisMX6, you havent gotten yourself back into an mx6 have you? That would be just great!

Comment

Originally posted by proboner View Post
                Inquiring minds would like to know! And I wasn't trying to know how much YOU paid so much as trying to get a general idea of zinc plating pricing... I imagine this is on a $/lb basis?

StreetThisMX6, you havent gotten yourself back into an mx6 have you? That would be just great!

Maybe haha

Comment

It's not really a big deal but it's definitely area dependant. Around here that batch is around a hundred. But we are in a manufacturing area around here and these types of shops exist.

No prep, some could have used it.
                  Chrome wheeled, fuel injected, and steppin out over the line
                  PRD - The original Ford Probe Aftermarket, THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD RUN
                  1999-2013 : 14 Years of supporting the Probe community
                  1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo | 2000 Jaguar XJ8 | 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer | 1930 Model A Hotrod | 2005 VW Touareg V8

Comment

Sorry for slow updates too much stuff going on with other cars, family, etc.

Here's some pics

Transmission

And since the Pazzer got a little overzealous removing the oil pan, some unbending and fixerating was necessitated.

And since I was waiting for paint to dry, I cleaned up my engine bay a bit, fixed a few things, and touched up some paint. Front end is off because I am redoing the turbo oil drain and such.

1997 Ford Probe GTS Turbo | 2000 Jaguar XJ8 | 1988 Jeep Grand Wagoneer | 1930 Model A Hotrod | 2005 VW Touareg V8

Comment

This project is moving so much faster (and cleaner!) than mine! Something to aspire to!

Comment

Thats funny because Pazz and I are both bothered by how long we have been taking

Too much real life popping up in the past month, can't wait to get back into the car swing of things. I am in the middle of selling one of the cars and maintenance on almost all of them. I want to wrap up my PGT current projects within the next few weeks so I can get back to driving it.

Comment

how often do you drive the PGT these days, considering the rest of the fleet at your disposal?

Comment

Depends on the weather and what I'm doing usually. Spring/Summer/Fall I try to drive it as much as I can, but any time the family is involved its not an option.

I don't drive it as much as I used to, but it's place in the 'fleet' has never been replaced. So when I need a sports car fix, it's definitely at the top.

Comment

Mmmmm much skeet skeet
                              Current: 95 PGT, 11 Mazda2, 98 Forester
                              Gone: 93 PGT, 92 MX3, 04 Beetle Turbo
                              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2956358

Comment

Working...
                              X