Project Alpine Fresh Finally Revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Alpine Fresh Finally Revealed

....I think everyone at one point in time sits down and dreams..."what would i do to my probe if i had all the money in the world?".... well, when your 16 and working a part time job at Subway...those things seem almost impossible. But because my car only had 45k miles on it, i took care of it, saved every penny and drove it like an old woman...hoping one day i would find myself in a situation where i could put some money into a car that has been nothing but good to me.

and FINALLY after college, landing a decent paying job and making some great contacts, it looks like i am under a month from achieving that goal and creating my dream probe...which i have dubbed "ALPINE FRESH".

so after that unnecessary intro, just want to show everyone the progression my probe has made from day one....

DAY 1 1997 Ford Probe GT with only 45k on the clock and every option you can imagine (even a backwards rim alert!!!).

...when i first saw this car, i knew i NEVER wanted to change the body lines of it. it was beautiful how it was...but i knew i could change a few things to make it better.

Within a few weeks i decided i wanted to get rid of that HUGE wheel gap, so i "sprung" for some lowering springs (...wow, i am an idiot)

Next came getting rid of those awful STOCK amber bulbs!...

Than i moved into the interrior with an ipod hook up through the ash tray, new speakers, STS, momo shift boot and knob and a new head unit.

After this i quickly moved to some window tint to save the leather interrior and a magnaflow muffler (only the muffler as of now...because i was waiting....)

I also upgraded small things for the engine like wires, CAI and an AFPR and that is how my car stayed for about 4 years doing regular oil changes, timing belt, new break pads blah blah blah.....

...till recently.

after pinching pennies and saving for a painfully long period of time...i have purchased the last of my parts for the final assembly....

recently installed a lighter flywheel and clutchmasters clutch (...and i know the flywheel is the wrong one, it was the auto parts store fault and it was replaced)

I now have this purdy combination of parts sitting in my apartment...

...which consists of a Mr.Speed supercharger kit (just took a pic of the charger because the rest was in my closet), S injectors, 225 fuel pump, boot cooler kit (got for a really cheap price), powder coated VC's, 02 wideband gauge, 8:1 FMU, 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust system, and a battery relocation kit (not pictured).

I finally have all the parts necessary and will have shop time coming up on the 15th of April to get everything installed quickly.

the compression is amazing across each cylinder and with 125k miles, no check engine light either.

after everything is installed, i will have it repainted with a few things taken off such as the badges, antenna, rear wiper and bump stops.

i will update as soon as i have new parts installed and i am always looking for advice, comments and any help that will make this a much smoother install!

im also looking for Mr.Speed S/C install instructions, so if ne one has them..it would make the install a lot easier on me! ha.

i look forward to finally having the Ford Probe ive always wanted...

thanks for reading,

-Mark
    Last edited by DudeMan; April 4, 2009, 12:05 PM.
    -Mark

Project Alpine Fresh

Very nice looks real good
    95 GT Chameleon Beauty
    http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps15cc5293.jpg

"Without Risk There Is No Reward"

Comment

I thought I got the probe I've always wanted when I bought my turbo pgt last October but as it turns out something is messed up with the MS and I haven't had the time or money to fix her. So she's been sitting in my garage for the past 3 months just be careful what you wish for cause sometimes it may seem to be better but turns out to be a pain in the azz. Good luck on your build, you have a very nice car already, props for keeping it up all these years you've had it.
      Last edited by z28forlife; April 3, 2009, 12:08 PM.
      1996 PGT-T...SOLD
      N20 is like a beautiful women with an STD: you wanna hit it but your afraid of the consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by z28forlife View Post
        I thought I got the probe I've always wanted when I bought my turbo pgt last October but as it turns out something is messed up with the MS and I haven't had the time or money to fix her. So she's been sitting in my garage for the past 3 months just be careful what you wish for cause sometimes it may seem to be better but turns out to be a pain in the azz. Good luck on your build, you have a very car already, props for keeping it up all these years you've had it.
        awww yeah that sucks to hear, i hope you can get it back up and running in the near future... and thanks for the kind words.

i am aware that when i do supercharge it, i better plan on an engine/tranny rebuild in my near future...and i have money for that as well. i made my "project money" from rebuilding vintage motorcycles for a few years and made a nice little nest egg. Im extremely tight with my money trust me....just ask my g/f lol.

id rather keep this car and rebuild over and over now that i have a shop where i can do my engine work.

Mark
        -Mark

Project Alpine Fresh

Comment

Very nice looking PGT and I like your since of humor. I am doing the same as you but have more part's to go. Bought my S/C kit from Sasha and I can't wait to put it on. Good luck with it and let us know how it goes.

JASE
          REVOLUTION IS A BEAST THAT LIVES WITHIN OUR SOULS, A BEAST THAT IS THE ESSENCE OF HUMAN LOVE, BORN FROM THE MOLDS OF TRUTH, REASON, AND JUSTICE. DEHUMANIZED INSTITUTIONS HOLD THE POWER TO DECEIVE THE BEAST, PLACEING IT IN A WORLD WHERE IT'S SENSES DO NOT FUNCTION. IT IS DELIBERATELY BLINDED AND DEAFENED BY A VEIL OF IGNORANCE. UNTIL IT FALLS INTO A DEEP SLUMBER. THIS IS AN ERA RULED BY CORRUPTION, DECEPTION, AND INJUSTINCE. IF THE BEAST IS NOT AWAKEND, THE DESTRUCTION OF HUMANITY IS INEVITABLE.

Comment

You've done Probe owners proud, excellent work
            90 Mazda 323 - KLZE, fender-flared, right hand drive, 2350 lb fully loaded sex machine. || Pic Thread ||- SOLD
            93 PGT FRANKENPROBE - 10.24 @ 139.9 mph ||545 whp @ 20 psi || Timeslip || Dyno slip|| Build Thread - GONE
            97 GTS - Rear Wheel Drive KLZE, 6-speed, 3.90 Torsen LSD, 2650 lb, daily driver! - Build Thread - GONE
            90 Ghettocet KLiata - forever WIP

Comment

Way to go Dude, looking good Man lol.

Very nice car to start fixing up. Im kinda jealous as i would love to have a low mileage stock gt also. And I know how you feel, mines finally coming full circle too.
              95 PGT ZE boosted so custom SOLD still dreamnt about
              05 Altima SE-R 6spd
              04 GSXR 600 PIC
              Stealth RT Twin turbo

Comment

Originally posted by Dan [Sac] View Post
                You've done Probe owners proud, excellent work
                hearing that from you makes me proud! thank you sir!

my father always taught me no matter what you drive, its a direct reflection on yourself and how you maintain it (not how you drive it, but how you take care of it)....i think i really took that advice to heart. (and at 16...thats not an easy thing to do. ha)

and yeah its a nice feeling all this waiting will finally be worth it!...hopefully :crosses fingers"

-Mark
                -Mark

Project Alpine Fresh

Comment

The key to your success has been carefully spending money that you've slowly acquired...keep that pace up, your car is excellent, tastefully modified!

Comment

dang that is sick...love it

Comment

Mark,

That is a beautiful 97 GT. What is the build date on her? My 97 GT is the same color, but no where near as nice. The build date on mine is 1-29-97. Mine has 189,286 miles on it. Keep up the great work. I am very jealous!
                      Jim
                      1989 Probe GT
                      2010 Mustang GT Premium (MT): Red Candy Metallic
                      2014 Focus S (MTX): Sterling Grey daily

Comment

you just made my car look like an even bigger pile of shit. thanks
                        1997 Honda Del Sol S

Comment

Next came getting rid of those awful clear corners...,, you started with the clear or added them? wouldnt those be illegal?

I want your driver seat !!!!!!!!!

Is it me or does your passenger side door not have the GT on it?
                          Ive got a passenger side one and the driver side doesnt say GT after some work last summer
                          Last edited by Horror Angel; April 3, 2009, 07:37 PM.
                          Automatic 97 Ford Probe GT 54,000 miles original engine n stuff.

Comment

It depends on your state - some will fail you for it, some will let you pass with the clear lens if you are using an amber bulb. And he said getting rid of those awful corners, not awful clear corners. He started with stock, and added clear corners.

Comment

I don't think you need new paint, I think it looks great! Love the color.

Comment

Working...
                              X